March 28, 2024, 06:46:04 pm

Author Topic: Railway  (Read 13398 times)

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
Railway
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:01:24 pm »
So as many of you already know, I've been making a railway that crosses the member world. Broadly speaking, this is finished (Indicated on the map with the red line). However, in my spare time I'd very much like to extend it thus that it goes around the memberworld rather than cutting straight through it. This activity is superfluous, but someone told me that it'd be impossible, so I want to do it justice. It'd be a lot easier with world edit - not to spawn in materials, but for the stratospheric amount of copying required. If it were allowed it'd make things much faster, but if not I intend on eventually doing it anyway.

If world edit were allowed, I would legitimately build a section of railway, then copy and paste it into place. I would then ceremonially destroy the items that would have been used in the process.

Just a heads up ^-^

http://imgur.com/cUFl0zb

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Railway
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:36 pm »
If World Edit isn't given the thumbs up.. I will help build it

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:11:10 am »
World edit is not going to be permitted for that. With world edit, it could be done in a few hours. If you're trying to prove it's possible, I don't see why world edit is even an option, of course it's possible with WE.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 07:13:07 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:38:23 am »
Nope not going to allow World Edit on this I'm afraid, sorry guys. But good luck making this, I'm definitely going to want to go on it when its done. Might help if i get bored too (provide moral support, duh) :D

Would be neat to have a subway type map mapping the finished thing too, the great Member Circle Line.

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:11:41 pm »
Righty Ho! That's settled then. It'll take a while but I'm sure we'll manage. Construction will commence soon!

HoaxZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 10:33:52 am »
Righty Ho! That's settled then. It'll take a while but I'm sure we'll manage. Construction will commence soon!

can you let us know your plans on how you want the railroad and which areas, I'm sure a few of us can help you if you wish.

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 10:35:32 am »
Help would be much appreciated. I'm in the process of marking out the route, which should be visible from the live map. Most help will be cutting down trees and repetitively placing things :)

TooMuch4U

• Smp Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Dank Memes
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 03:42:11 am »
Could possibly help if u want

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 11:06:43 am »
So anyone that wants to help, the railway starts at  my /home current (Pearl into the station). Jobs that need doing:
- Tree clearance either side of the line that is now the definitive route of the railway. This route has been specifically made so as not to disturb anyone's builds, whilst remaining true as far as possible.
- Stone brick placing. Currently the line in place is the bottom line that holds the gravel ballast from falling. This is set at Y69 so as to have the railway at Y70. It does not dip down further than this except to avoid Cora's Candyland. The line currently there needs to be made 3 blocks wide, following the pattern at my /home current
- Gravel placing, and eventually rails. I have the materials for the normal rails, but will have to scrounge gold for powered rails at some point. Each rail section is made up of 32 rails, and 1 powered rail.
- Eventual placing of iron railings on either side for suspended sections. Again, I have the materials for this, however it relies on the stone bricks being placed.
- The above will be accompanied by a slightly different decoration pattern and supporting pillars over suspended sections

If you so wish to contribute to this project in any way, please mail me ingame. All much appreciated :D

Live map showing my /home current and the new line stretching from the bottom right to the top left, then turning down towards the bottom left: http://www.opticraft.net/map/smp/#/2041/64/-3022/-4/3/0

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 02:04:49 pm »
Mkay, so I need some materials (Much as I'd love to do this completely self contained):

5.5 stacks of redstone torches - I'll pay 1k for all of these

600 stacks (11 double chests) of stone brick - Willing to pay 2k per double chest

10  double chests of gravel - Willing to pay 2k per double chest

1.5 stacks of gold blocks - I'll pay 3k for these.

Any donations are graciously recieved - marked chests at my /home current please :D

kni0002

• Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 11:18:16 pm »
Mkay, so I need some materials (Much as I'd love to do this completely self contained):

5.5 stacks of redstone torches - I'll pay 1k for all of these

600 stacks (11 double chests) of stone brick - Willing to pay 2k per double chest

10  double chests of gravel - Willing to pay 2k per double chest

1.5 stacks of gold blocks - I'll pay 3k for these.

Any donations are graciously recieved - marked chests at my /home current please :D

I might be able to do some of that.

Roza

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 11:50:27 am »
5.5 stacks of redstone torches - I'll pay 1k for all of these - DONE

600 stacks (11 double chests) of stone brick - Willing to pay 2k per double chest - 4 chests down, 7 to go

10  double chests of gravel - Willing to pay 2k per double chest - 5 chests done - 5 to go

1.5 stacks of gold blocks - I'll pay 3k for these.  - DONE

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 11:59:38 am »
Appreciated enormously roza. Work is going well on it! Soon to have all the tunnels done, and the gravel placed.

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 07:06:16 pm »
5.5 stacks of redstone torches - I'll pay 1k for all of these - DONE

600 stacks (11 double chests) of stone brick - Willing to pay 2k per double chest - 4 chests down, 7 to go - DONE

10  double chests of gravel - Willing to pay 2k per double chest - 5 chests done - 5 to go - 2 Done - DONE and PLACED

1.5 stacks of gold blocks - I'll pay 3k for these.  - DONE
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:27:11 pm by 100penguin. »

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:11 am »
Fantastic Vore! Thanks to everyone so far :D