March 28, 2024, 07:30:12 pm

Author Topic: Nocheat and Spigot updates.  (Read 9460 times)

Lando_V

• View Profile
Nocheat and Spigot updates.
« on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:41 am »
Every once in a while  we update to a much wanted newer version of minecraft and then it turns out stuff doesn't work. (Not talking about the horrible lag.) New features don't work, and old features are broken as well. So in fact, the situation is worse than before the update. Most of it has to do with Nocheat not being updated. That's because there isn't any new release for Nocheat available yet. (They're slow.)

If we keep going on like this the server will be terrible to play on for most of the time.
By the time Nocheat has a new release there is a new version of Minecraft available and we would have to wait for the next release of Nocheat to fix things again.
Imo, waiting for Nocheat till we upgrade Minecraft is not an option. We would always be behind other servers.

Would it be possible to run the server without Nocheat, so we can at least play the bloody game? So only use Nocheat when a proper version is available?

Another option is to install a non-released build for the time being. The recent #960 build looks quite decent and has a lot of fixes already. (Elytra, noob tower, sweep attack  and loads more.)
Maybe we should update Nocheat more often.

Also, Spigot for 1.9.2 is out, why are we still in 1.9 ?
Updating would fix the hopper bug and maybe the lag as well.

What do you guys think?

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nocheat and Spigot updates.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:34:57 pm »
So basically remove nocheat and update to 1.9.2? I don't get what all the commotion is about, this is probably the first thread I've seen about this.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 04:43:53 pm »
So basically remove nocheat and update to 1.9.2? I don't get what all the commotion is about, this is probably the first thread I've seen about this.
I think he is just strictly talking about the smp server.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 04:49:16 pm »

Commotion?  What commotion??
I wish there was some commotion....

Just one example....
Have you tried the Elytra?
Why do you think the server is empty??

First thread?
How many threads do you normally need to get an update around here??
Actually, the problems have been mentioned in another thread and you even posted there: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php?topic=20956.0

Normal to me would be, that we shouldn't have to point out at all that updates are needed and available!
Especially when everybody knows how bad the situation is.

Basically update or remove nocheat and update to 1.9.2

I think he is just strictly talking about the smp server.

Yes, smp,  ty Nick.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:06:11 pm by Lando_V »

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »
I agree, I think nocheat should get the chop. Also, as there are plenty of active staff members myself included I'm sure we'd survive without it for a while.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:53:33 pm »
Agreed 100%

I don't see the point of having no cheat when our only player base is a few dedicated players who aren't likely to cheat.  If players are caught flying around they can be kicked or banned quite simply.

1.9.2 should help the server remain at a higher tps, chunks are being loaded from hopper issues. I often log on to items in my farms that I did not afk for because of this issue.  The tps often drops to around 6 after multiple players have been on.  Whenever I play I try not to load my iron farm up since restarts seem to deload hopper loaded chunks.  This makes playing hard though since most of my items are stored in that location.  Mojang really dropped the ball with the 1.9.0 update :l

Edit: Also, if these fixes are made could someone also reconnect discord bot to the server?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:04:11 am by gavin »

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 12:39:28 am »

While I agree with everything you're saying and think that removing nocheat would be best at this point, I want to remind you that people (including optical, as in the only person who can do all of this) have lives. It sucks, but you're just going to have to be patient and wait.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 07:52:29 am »

While I agree with everything you're saying and think that removing nocheat would be best at this point, I want to remind you that people (including optical, as in the only person who can do all of this) have lives. It sucks, but you're just going to have to be patient and wait.

You are 100% right and usually I am an extremely patient guy, very boring even.

The reason for that reaction was the attitude I encountered, as if we first need a couple of threads, at least, before we get an update. That's the most ridiculous thing I even heard!
In practice, due to admins/owner being very busy, a couple of threads may have appeared before each update but that's irrelevant. They would have updated anyway, threads or not.

Also the use of the word commotion, while in fact it has been very very silent for quite a while.

Usually I wouldn't start a tread like this, we'll get the update anyway, it might just take some time.
But now I feel it's different.
The silence on the server is the result of bugs that could be fixed right now!
And we are all aware of these bugs, it's all in another thread.
So while usually time isn't a big factor, it is now!

And I'm still a very patient guy.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »

You are 100% right and usually I am an extremely patient guy, very boring even.

The reason for that reaction was the attitude I encountered, as if we first need a couple of threads, at least, before we get an update. That's the most ridiculous thing I even heard!
In practice, due to admins/owner being very busy, a couple of threads may have appeared before each update but that's irrelevant. They would have updated anyway, threads or not.

Also the use of the word commotion, while in fact it has been very very silent for quite a while.

Usually I wouldn't start a tread like this, we'll get the update anyway, it might just take some time.
But now I feel it's different.
The silence on the server is the result of bugs that could be fixed right now!
And we are all aware of these bugs, it's all in another thread.
So while usually time isn't a big factor, it is now!

And I'm still a very patient guy.
Optical is the only one who can update the server and he does it when he can. It doesn't matter if you make no threads or 100 threads.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 09:11:16 pm »

If Optical is the only one then he must have done it.

We have 1.9.2

Bugs have been fixed and stuff works!

Thanks Optical!  :)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:51:12 am by Lando_V »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

If Optical is the only one then he must have done it.

We have 1.9.2

Bugs have been fixed and stuff works!

Thanks Optical!  :)
Yeah thanks for the update, elytra flying is awesome!