April 19, 2024, 02:16:27 pm

Author Topic: SMP Updated to 1.9  (Read 6394 times)

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
SMP Updated to 1.9
« on: March 19, 2016, 09:52:56 am »
Hi all,

SMP has been updated to 1.9. Disguises are currently broken but should be brought back within the next few weeks. Sorry!

Let me know if there are any other urgent new issues .

Cheers!

Roza

• View Profile
Re: SMP Updated to 1.9
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 07:01:03 pm »
hi there

an ender dragon has spawned but is trapped and can't be killed I set my /home d at its location.  On the up side I got a screen shot of me riding the dragon :)

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 11:49:56 pm »
Some problems:

Anti cheat has caused some major problems.  Aside from causing elytra to not work, it is now impossible to pillar up.  Attempting to pillar up more than 2 blocks will cause you to get stuck in blocks or your blocks to vanish. Other issues are caused by some kind of weird lag, the server has been stuck at around 5 tps all day causing players to be unable to eat and unable to ender pearl effectively.  I've also noticed a few instances of some rubber banding (getting teleported back a few blocks, but this only happened a few times).

I think an immediate solution would be to remove anti cheat entirely.  We dont have enough new guests to worry about them flying, and it is easy to spot them when they do.  Anti cheat has neutered the functionality of slime blocks and it is now ruining elytra.  Removing anti cheat would fix the block lag / pillaring issues.

Aside from the issues the update is smooth every where else, thanks for the fast update!

Update: It appears the server restart fixed all the lag issues.  The only issues that remain can be solved by removing anti cheat.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:37:42 pm by gavin »

HoaxZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 07:19:21 am »
just a few small issues i have come across are, some paintings are invisible but then reappear when in the corner of the screen instead of directly looking at them. and horses and some mobs are invisible until you are 3-5 blocks away from them when they reappear or "spaz out" going invisible to visible constantly over and over. no idea what causes it but im seeing this over at my member world area. also if you put a banner on your shield and it is in your inventory, when you log out for some time and log back in the banner has been removed causing you to make a new one to put back on it. if i have to do this each time it will cost a lot of wool and dye. but those that are in chests stay fine. once the issue is sorted i will look to place a banner on my shield again. these are not big issues but small ones that affect game play in little ways. just bringing them to your attention.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:02:51 am »
@HoaxZ They sound like Minecraft/Bukkit issues to me with not much Optical can do on his end.

HoaxZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 10:16:17 am »
@HoaxZ They sound like Minecraft/Bukkit issues to me with not much Optical can do on his end.

no worries, i have no idea where issues start or how to solve them (im not clued up on that sort of thing) just thought id mention it incase something can be done. thanks for your reply though :)

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 02:16:15 pm »
I've found another huge problem, hoppers are randomly breaking.  A ton of my hopper chains have frozen where items go through some hoppers and get stuck in others.  The only fix is removing all hopper systems entirely and replacing them by hand.  However, this doesn't permanently fix the issue as I have found hopper chains that have broken again after I fixed them. 

I think the custom plugin you all wrote that adjusts hoppers is causing this issue