April 19, 2024, 02:27:10 am

Author Topic: Minecon 2015 (4th - 5th July)  (Read 7744 times)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Minecon 2015 (4th - 5th July)
« on: June 22, 2015, 01:22:47 pm »

This topic will be for the discussion and information about Minecon, London 2015. If you don't know what Minecon is, it is an official Minecraft convention held at different places around the world every year or two, the last being held in Florida in 2013. There are panels, lots of people and everything you could want Minecrafty with other Minecraft fans.

So, what do you want to see this year? Are you or do you want to go? Looking forward to the frequently awkward costume contest? What did you like about previous Minecons?

I'll be attending as a Minecon Agent this year, I'm looking forward to hopefully having a go at the Microsoft's Hololens with Minecraft. So long as there's not an overload of people trying it (which there probably will...), it looks like awesome new angle of Minecraft.

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Minecon 2015 (4th - 5th July)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 03:37:32 pm »
Is this your first Tobs?  Think they will be unveiling a new "quest portion" to the game yet?  The Hololens looks awesome. Wonder if the Oculus rift will work with minecraft as it was a big part in the Xbone E3 week.  Bring a camera and represent Opticraft for those that cannot make it!!

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:01:20 am »
Yeah, I'd have liked to gone to another but it's a fair bit more money if it's in another country. Would've liked to have gone to the one in Paris in 2012, access to Disneyland would've been as awesome as the event haha.

There's a few 1.9 related things that should be announced at Minecon, mainly the "Combat Update" that involves updates to, what a surprise, combat related stuff - arrows, quivers, shields and a bunch of other stuff. New stuff in the end has been teased too, structures that fill it up a bit more than just the obsidian pillars and some other smaller changes.

Indeed, really hoping I get a chance to use it! Any official implementation I'm doubting, but there's been a mod for the game for a while which is awesome looking, still want one at some point,

I haven't recieved my shifts for the event yet so dunno what time I'll have to go around, but I should have enough to take some pictures for you :P

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 02:19:03 pm »
Bring me back a present

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »
Hololense looks legitness!
IG - @oem_moses

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:01:38 pm »
Can't wait for all of the dedotated wam

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 11:05:15 am »
Well there's good news, I'll be working in the panel rooms on Saturday so I might just get a chance to get in on some detonated wam. I'm hoping people don't try and replicate it 'cause they'd probably be making a fool out of themselves - hooray! Apparently Saturday evening (don't know if I'll be there or not) there's a "Minecon 2015 Live Show"... this could be interesting. Might see if they allow Agents to hang back and watch the show too, they say it shouldn't be missed. Hopefully it'll be on their livestream too so everyone who doesn't go is able to see. The schedule will be out soon.

Bring me back a present
I'll try and see if there's some TNT I can buy, just shove that through your house's door and run before I head home. The attendees get a bunch of free stuff in a goodies bag, I'll have to see if there's anything I don't want - doubt there will be though :P
not the cape. : (

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »
Well there's good news, I'll be working in the panel rooms on Saturday so I might just get a chance to get in on some detonated wam. I'm hoping people don't try and replicate it 'cause they'd probably be making a fool out of themselves - hooray! Apparently Saturday evening (don't know if I'll be there or not) there's a "Minecon 2015 Live Show"... this could be interesting. Might see if they allow Agents to hang back and watch the show too, they say it shouldn't be missed. Hopefully it'll be on their livestream too so everyone who doesn't go is able to see. The schedule will be out soon.
It's gonna be such a cringefest, can't wait for all of your facepalms  ;)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 07:22:47 am »
It's gonna be such a cringefest, can't wait for all of your facepalms  ;)
Aww yes gonna be a looong day, still, gonna be fun! Apart from getting up at like 5.30 or 6 to get up to London.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:06:07 pm »
The fun starts tomorrow, folks! From the schedule this year there looks to be heaps of variety and certainly gone all out on the preperation. You can watch one (or all!) of the Minecon streams on twitch and can see a vauge look of whats on at their blog post.

http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/07/minecon-live-on-twitch/

Ill try and take some pictures but looks like a lot will be happening through the day! The "Guidebook" app provides much more info about Minecon if it isn't understandable. Have a good day whatever you guys will be doing tomorrow/Sunday!

Edit: oh also, 4am wake up. gonna be a looong day
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:22:46 pm by Tobs »