March 28, 2024, 06:44:56 pm

Author Topic: Creative Maintenance [RESOLVED]  (Read 8212 times)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Creative Maintenance [RESOLVED]
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:28:30 am »
Hello, the creative server will remain whitelisted and occasionally offline for maintenance purposes. This will not affect any other services.

Update: The maintenance has been complete, and there's a few things to note that might affect you.

Firstly, the issue itself was a type of map corruption within the 'Guest8' world. To rectify the issue, we were required to roll back the affected sections of the map about 2 days ago. Therefor if you visit this world now, you may notice certain sections of the map are either missing, or have been rolled back to a previous state.

If you find yourself in this situation, kindly request an Operator to re-do the area of your missing build. But keep in mind this may or may not always work.

Lastly, we apologise for the downtime any damage this has caused. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to prevent this from happening in the future.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:36:30 am by xDeeKay »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Creative Maintenance [RESOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:02 am »
Basically what happened was a hacked client was able to put more characters on a sign than the game allows. This caused anyone who loaded the chunk with the sign in it to continuously crash. We have implemented checks that should stop this from ever happening again.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:40:21 pm »
Hello, the creative server will remain whitelisted and occasionally offline for maintenance purposes. This will not affect any other services.

Update: The maintenance has been complete, and there's a few things to note that might affect you.

Firstly, the issue itself was a type of map corruption within the 'Guest8' world. To rectify the issue, we were required to roll back the affected sections of the map about 2 days ago. Therefor if you visit this world now, you may notice certain sections of the map are either missing, or have been rolled back to a previous state.

If you find yourself in this situation, kindly request an Operator to re-do the area of your missing build. But keep in mind this may or may not always work.

Lastly, we apologise for the downtime any damage this has caused. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to prevent this from happening in the future.

Cheers.

Just to let you know, typo on "Therefor", should be 'Therefore'.

EDIT: My bad, seems to be okay either way.
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 06:50:44 am »
-snip-

Just to let you know, typo on "Therefor", should be 'Therefore'.

EDIT: My bad, seems to be okay either way.

Technically you are right, there is a difference between the two. But I'm fairly sure it was like 3am when I was fixing the issue and made this post, so it's not unusual that you see mistakes from me lol