March 29, 2024, 09:43:28 am

Author Topic: This is a broadcast from the society of skull-lovers  (Read 3665 times)

Caanite.

• View Profile
This is a broadcast from the society of skull-lovers
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:04:12 am »
So, me and square_skull have been working on a fantasy universe for quite sometime now (and when I say me, I really mean I give him feedback on his ideas that normally consists of "mhm" and "ok"), and he decided to write up a bit about the general history of the world, so here it is:

Just a note that this is in-universe lore, and it has been written by a scholar of some description

Eras of Ver, a basic history

Throughout time, the land we know as ver has seen many changes, hills have changed to mountains, trees into forests, villages into empires. Although many records about our history do indeed exist, they often show only biased perspectives of the events, or the details that are simply falsified or exaggerated. This record exists as common ground between all these records, taken from the accounts from many civilisations, and only the confirmed facts have been included in these pages. The history of Ver as we know it can be divided into the following sections:

• Sapius Era:

A time before the first highborn, when very little information was recorded by the way of writing, and much is unknown about it, but what we do know is that there were no apparent magic users back then. What is known was that every known human colony back in those times were constantly threatened by the large creatures referred to as the “Colossi”.

• Veraas Era:

This era started at the awakening of highborn, and was when many civilisations were formed. Many wars took place at this time, though most are unrecorded. It is said most of the Highborn revered today where born, or “awakened” during this time.

• Script Era:

A period of time between the Veraas Era and the Delubra Era, which began at the creation of the Rakaivol, the “god-blood”, contract, and ended when it was broken at the beginning of the Delubra era. It is said that during these times, there was an almost absolute peace, and it is also said to be a time of great economic growth, in which many government structures from the time still exist today. There was one significant conflict which occurred during this time, known as the “Demon war”, where demonic beasts from a hidden realm leaked into areas around the Akaivol mountain nation. Much of the records concerning this conflict widely varies, so as to avoid bias towards any views, it will simply be stated that the people of Akaivol mountain were put to blame, leading their nation into a fallen state.

• Delubra Era:

This era started at the discovery of the mystical artefact known as the Delubra VonRaas, or the “shrine of the great god”. Many kingdoms started wars over the artefact, which resulted in the breaking of the god-blood contract, and ended with the destruction of the city of Luvera, and the nations surrounding it when the said artefact exploded in the final battle, eventually creating the desert known as the “Chro-Verdoon-Voldoon”, the hollow lands. This same war would later be referred to as the shrine war.

• Roskil Era:

This era started at the aftermath of the shrine war, when creatures of dark magics had the most power over the kingdoms than they had ever had before. Many a  nation recovering from the shrine war were overrun by these dark fiends, including many other settlements of which had lost forces to the war or had been previously sheltered from conflict. Thankfully, one of the remaining highborn known as Luporitha, who was later revered to as the “moon goddess”, pushed back the packs of countless abominations near the end of this era, freeing enslaved villages and nations from their unholy torment, and putting to rest the dead which had taken to wandering their ruins. Unfortunately, due to the almost constant conflict between the Delubra era and the Roskil era, most of the highborn and magic users perished in the conflicts, leading to a significant decline in the number of magic users.

• Shard Era:

During this era, the kingdoms that had endured the wars of the ages had become very much independent, with most kingdoms keeping to themselves, not including the odd skirmish and small trades between the nations. Unfortunately, during this mostly peaceful era was when the war of the three fates started, continuing to present day. This war mainly consists of conflict between the Ngagai, Ignai Aqua, and the vengeful Akaivol mountain nations.

So, feedback on this, any question. I'll likely have more to post up as he sends them to me, and I'll try to answer as many questions about it as I can answer (which will be about 1/4 or lower :P) or skull can answer if I direct him here.

tldr: read above
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

VoreReznor

• Father
  • Operator
  • SMP - Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: This is a broadcast from the society of skull-lovers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »
Curious to how long each Era was.

square_skull

• Heeeeere's Skully!
    • View Profile
Re: This is a broadcast from the society of skull-lovers
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 01:37:42 am »
Hello, Skully here!
Curious to how long each Era was.
To be honest, I don't quite know the exact lengths myself...
I can tell you this though, each era varies in length because each one centers around the duration of something significant, usually wars or peace time, and there are parts where the eras blur together.

Here's a guess-estimate of each era's length
- Sapius era: full length unknown, but at at least as long as 1650 years (if not more).
- Veraas era: about 665 years.
- Script era: about 350 years.
- Delubra era: about 90 years.
- Roskil era: about 250 years.
- Shard era: (to the point it this account was written) about 63 years (which about 1 year into the war).

These time periods are not set in stone though.