March 28, 2024, 11:23:33 am

Poll

Choose one

Server Auction System
5 (27.8%)
Alternative way to make money
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Economy Improvement  (Read 15082 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Economy Improvement
« on: May 09, 2015, 05:38:08 pm »
So we have been contemplating on how to improve the servers economy and we came up with 2 possible solutions.

1. An auction system that is server side. A player would put their items up for auction and others can bid on it.

2. An alternative way to make money. We are not exactly sure what the ways would be but it would be something along the lines of killing certain mobs or getting achievements and receiving money for them.

Any other suggestions are also welcome.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

~pimkey5~

• We put the world away, we get so Disconnected~
    • View Profile
Re: Economy Improvement
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 04:11:48 am »
I've been on other servers before where here are auctions and it can start to make chat a little spammed. If we were to have an auction command I'd suggest that there'd be a thing where people would have to wait about a minute or two after an auction is put up, before they choose to put an item up for auction.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 04:14:48 am »
If there is a pluggin put on the server for auctions, it will most likely be either completely custom coded or modified to our liking.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 06:19:09 am »
I dont think killing mobs for money would be a good idea, it would be melons / iron all over again i think. People will start building big mobfarms to make a lot of money. On the other hand, if you dont mind people making farms, you can also readd iron or melons.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:32:04 am by zwaan111 »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 12:17:49 pm »
Hidden puzzles and items throughout the world, have it be a fun and semi rare challenge to make like 25k / item or something.

Also I'm in favor of rewarding players for making beautiful builds.  I don't know how the rating system would work, bug it would be a nice incentive to build cool things.

Also public works projects maybe.  Have a team of people pretty up areas on the server for a set rate / 25 mins of work.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:46:51 pm »
I've been on other servers before where here are auctions and it can start to make chat a little spammed. If we were to have an auction command I'd suggest that there'd be a thing where people would have to wait about a minute or two after an auction is put up, before they choose to put an item up for auction.
why would it spam chat? The way I am thinking of doing it wouldn't spam at all

And Ya killing mobs for money would be awful, it was just an example.

100penguin.

• Purveyor of Logic
  • Cash Bribes only, to be placed in the slot below.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 04:37:24 pm »
As I think I mentioned in the staff section I used to play frequently on a tekkit server whereby they had a kind of MCMMO thingy whereby levels could be gained for mining etc... And the higher your level the more you were paid as you advanced (for instance - building: level 1, 1 block = $0.01; level 100 1 block = $1.00) Any thoughts?

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:35:02 pm »
Killing mobs would be good, but if you could set it to naturally spawning mobs rather than spawner spawned mobs it could work out well

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »
As I think I mentioned in the staff section I used to play frequently on a tekkit server whereby they had a kind of MCMMO thingy whereby levels could be gained for mining etc... And the higher your level the more you were paid as you advanced (for instance - building: level 1, 1 block = $0.01; level 100 1 block = $1.00) Any thoughts?

well we don't really want to implement any rpg stuff. Just simple for now
Killing mobs would be good, but if you could set it to naturally spawning mobs rather than spawner spawned mobs it could work out well
Ya it would work well that way but as of right now, I don't know if it is possible to distinguish where the mob came from.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 09:25:54 pm »
Ya it would work well that way but as of right now, I don't know if it is possible to distinguish where the mob came from.

It is. (After a quick bit of googling): Just listen for the spawn event, assign metadata for those that came from a spawner, then check whether or not the mob has your metadata on death.

Here's how McMMO does it:

Code: [Select]
/**
     * Monitor CreatureSpawn events.
     * @param event The event to watch
     */
    @EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.MONITOR, ignoreCancelled = true)
    public void onCreatureSpawn(CreatureSpawnEvent event) {
        LivingEntity entity = event.getEntity();

switch (event.getSpawnReason()) {
            case SPAWNER:
            case SPAWNER_EGG:
                entity.setMetadata(mcMMO.entityMetadataKey, mcMMO.metadataValue);

Entity passenger = entity.getPassenger();

if (passenger != null) {
                    passenger.setMetadata(mcMMO.entityMetadataKey, mcMMO.metadataValue);
                }
                return;

case BREEDING:
                entity.setMetadata(mcMMO.bredMetadataKey, mcMMO.metadataValue);
                return;

default:
                return;
        }
    }

Note: Code function doesn't seem to be displaying it properly, and is even worse when within a spoiler. Might just be my browser though. Just look via the quote function
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:27:59 pm by clawstrider »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 04:37:23 pm »

It is. (After a quick bit of googling): Just listen for the spawn event, assign metadata for those that came from a spawner, then check whether or not the mob has your metadata on death.

Here's how McMMO does it:

Code: [Select]
/**
     * Monitor CreatureSpawn events.
     * @param event The event to watch
     */
    @EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.MONITOR, ignoreCancelled = true)
    public void onCreatureSpawn(CreatureSpawnEvent event) {
        LivingEntity entity = event.getEntity();

switch (event.getSpawnReason()) {
            case SPAWNER:
            case SPAWNER_EGG:
                entity.setMetadata(mcMMO.entityMetadataKey, mcMMO.metadataValue);

Entity passenger = entity.getPassenger();

if (passenger != null) {
                    passenger.setMetadata(mcMMO.entityMetadataKey, mcMMO.metadataValue);
                }
                return;

case BREEDING:
                entity.setMetadata(mcMMO.bredMetadataKey, mcMMO.metadataValue);
                return;

default:
                return;
        }
    }

Note: Code function doesn't seem to be displaying it properly, and is even worse when within a spoiler. Might just be my browser though. Just look via the quote function
Neat

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »

This could work well

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 09:11:14 pm »

This could work well
I've seen this used on many servers, and it always seems to work fine.  While it isn't necessarily a substantial or abusive amount, it's enough to give players money and also make them do something for it.

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »
Going off on the whole mod killing to money thing. I was on a server where every so often a mob would drop their spawn egg. I was thinking (just clarifying I don't know anything about code, so let me know if this is plausible) if mobs on occasion dropped a certain item and you could sell that certain item. This would be different from selling their predictable drops because it wouldn't happen as often and it could be useful to players not in the mood to make money. The only issue I can think of would be farms, but it's merely a suggestion to get thoughts flowing.
~Butter
Im back.... I think

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »
Hidden puzzles and items throughout the world, have it be a fun and semi rare challenge to make like 25k / item or something.

Also I'm in favor of rewarding players for making beautiful builds.  I don't know how the rating system would work, bug it would be a nice incentive to build cool things.

Also public works projects maybe.  Have a team of people pretty up areas on the server for a set rate / 25 mins of work.
I like these ideas if they could be done.

Bu I especially like the idea of adding auctions. Especially with the number of people online at any one time any way to buy/sell with people who are offline would be a huge improvement.
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.