April 20, 2024, 01:51:20 am

Author Topic: Prismarine  (Read 25367 times)

DJPirate

• View Profile
Prismarine
« on: February 07, 2015, 04:38:31 pm »
Hello
I think the market should sell the prismarine stuff because there is no way to get it since there is no new world,
adding it to the market does not require any special scripting or programmers, only an OP to add the sign.
i really see no reason to not sell it since there is no way of making profit out of it.
Thank you for reading.
DJPirate.
(sorry for bad english)

DJPirate

• View Profile
Re: Prismarine
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 04:46:23 pm »
Sorry i just been informed that there are ways to get prismarine but i still think it should be added to the market

Roza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 09:02:35 pm »
it is still too difficult to get prismarine for all players to have access and If no new world to spawn all the new blocks then please consider adding all of them to market at a reasonable rate until players have the ability to mine them.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:37:12 pm »
Has anyone found any newly spawned ocean monuments in our current worlds?

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 06:40:03 pm »

Theyre not going to spawn in worlds that were already made, unless the borders were expanded and new chunks were loaded. But even then, expanded borders dont necessarily mean theres going to be one.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 06:42:31 pm »

Theyre not going to spawn in worlds that were already made, unless the borders were expanded and new chunks were loaded. But even then, expanded borders dont necessarily mean theres going to be one.
They can spawn in old chunks

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 12:18:14 am »

They can spawn in old chunks
I don't think they can, but Guardians are now spawning at the old 1.7 chunks where the monuments would have spawned in 1.8
That means we can get Prismarine but not Sponge.
It would be great if we could buy Sponge at the market.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 02:21:36 am »
I thought Mojang said they would... maybe you're not looking hard enough!? ;)

Will see about Prismarine since I'm sure people would like to use it.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 09:51:19 am »
I thought Mojang said they would... maybe you're not looking hard enough!? ;)

Will see about Prismarine since I'm sure people would like to use it.
If you're talking about Monuments, I don't think so. The areas just spawn the Guardians. I've seen this at several locations.

The monuments just don't spawn in old chunks by themselves. Even existing witchhuts have not updated to 1.8

You can sell sponge for a dollar at the market.
What's the use of that if we can't get Sponge anyway?

Without the availability of monuments I'd like to have the option to BUY it from the market, not sell...

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 10:16:01 am »
They do spawn in old chunks by their own, but only if that chunk has been seen by someone for a few mins. Which, on SMP is very unlikely...

Source: ǝuoqɹǝuuıp
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/28sbtm/a_minecraft_experiment_just_how_does_the_new_18/cidzxpi

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 11:26:58 am »
They do spawn in old chunks by their own, but only if that chunk has been seen by someone for a few mins. Which, on SMP is very unlikely...

Source: ǝuoqɹǝuuýp
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/28sbtm/a_minecraft_experiment_just_how_does_the_new_18/cidzxpi
Interesting, but the point is we don't have them. So how do we get sponge? Could you add it to the market pls?

Cheers

(PS,  is that the same Dinnerbone that screwed us all by promising he would update Bukkit to 1.8 but never did?)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:44:38 am »
Could be reasonable, I'll see what nick thinks.

Yes, but why did he screw us by saying that? Bukkit IS updated to 1.8 along with Spigot, it has been avalibe for months now which is why the Creative server was apdated ages ago.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 12:33:29 pm »
(PS,  is that the same Dinnerbone that screwed us all by promising he would update Bukkit to 1.8 but never did?)
No, it's the Dinnerbone that said he would update Bukkit, but was then legally not allowed to due to someone else screwing the community over. Gah.. please learn what actually happened, you described like 10% of the story here.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 12:55:02 pm »
No, it's the Dinnerbone that said he would update Bukkit, but was then legally not allowed to due to someone else screwing the community over. Gah.. please learn what actually happened, you described like 10% of the story here.
I know exactly what happened, I read all about it. Point is; Dinnerbone should not make promises he cannot keep.
And the other guy you claim screwed the community got screwed himself by Mojang. I completely understand his actions. He's the victim, not the bad guy. He worked his ass off for years for all of us and got screwed by Mojang and also by Dinnerbone.

But lets not get off topic.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 01:12:30 pm »
I know exactly what happened, I read all about it. Point is; Dinnerbone should not make promises he cannot keep.
And the other guy you claim screwed the community got screwed himself by Mojang. I completely understand his actions. He's the victim, not the bad guy. He worked his ass off for years for all of us and got screwed by Mojang and also by Dinnerbone.

But lets not get off topic.
You're so wrong it hurts. This was in no way Mojang's fault at all. The whole Bukkit staff had a hissy fit because they allegedly had no idea they were working for Mojang after 2 years, and that's apparently Mojang's fault for not telling them individually. The Bukkit community wanted a system where they could be in charge of everything, yet they then turned around and complained that Mojang had been sitting behind the scenes doing nothing for 2 years.

Wolverness, the one we're speaking about, thought that his code he had written voluntarily for Bukkit over many years was all of a sudden in a breach of his copyright because of Mojang's ownership of Bukkit, which has been there since 2012.

I have no sympathy for Wolverness, he's doing what he's doing just because he can, and until he can reveal his motives for this, he will forever be seen as the bad guy.

Go ahead and keep seeing him as the victim, but please then don't be one of those people who can't sleep at night because their beloved server hasn't been able to update to the latest patch because of legal issues.