April 26, 2024, 12:32:27 am

Author Topic: My demotion by awesomealicia  (Read 4069 times)

wings32

• View Profile
My demotion by awesomealicia
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »
Hello everyone i have come here to clear the air on my demotion. I logged on just before to notice i was demoted and had 2 unread mail first was a link to a video second was a message "I don't appreciate cheaters." First of all it does not state in any of the eight listed rules on the creative server that you CAN NOT copy or gain inspiration off youtubers builds. second of all this is abuse of the admin privileges given to you, you demote me for a reason that YOU PERSONALLY do not appreciate me wings32 copying or gaining inspiration from other builds last time i read the rules it did not state 9. Alicia can demote for a reason which is not a direct/indirect breach of server rules and regulations. You then further insult me by calling me wings32 a cheater again i bring the point where does it state that gaining inspiration or copying parts of a build for own benefits. I believe whole heartily that this is a good honest server with a brilliant community behind it, but when i am personally attacked and verbally labeled as a cheater for doing no such thing is a very worrying sign. Also the build that i have done to get the promotion only helps the atheistic appeal of the map for others to follow and also make eye catching builds. With deep regrets i must voice this issue with owners of the server i hope we can come to a resolution for this issue.
-Kind regards wings32     

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: My demotion by awesomealicia
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:35:36 pm »
I don't know about the specifics of this just yet, but from what I've gathered here, surely it's common sense that using another person's creation in order to show off "your" skill for a build is not good practice? Inspiration is one thing, copying is a completely different thing.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: My demotion by awesomealicia
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »
I apologize for calling you a cheater, that was rude. However, I'm quite sure that copying someone else's build to get a rank would fall under common sense. I didn't demote you because I "don't appreciate you", I demoted you because you didn't deserve the recruit rank. You copied someone else block for block, showing none of the creativity that you have. And again, I am sorry for calling you a cheater, that was out of line and I do regret it. However, I don't have any intention of repromoting you.