March 28, 2024, 08:59:44 am

Author Topic: Art World  (Read 9471 times)

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
Art World
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »
Hello! :D

Since recently making some sprite art, I realized that Creative doesn't have an official art world yet. If I recall correctly, the Classic server had several worlds dedicated to Sprites and Pixel Art, and was always an awesome experience seeing what some of the extremely talented spriters could do. It would be awesome if something similar was brought into the Creative server, a world/area strictly for pixel art.

Thanks for your time and consideration :)

(click to show/hide)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Art World
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »
Sprites are awesome, so I like this idea. Question: what would the minimum build rank be?

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
The minimum rank would be up to staff of course, but in my opinion at least builder+ just to keep it from overflowing with average or below-average sprites. No offense to recruits out there (including me) :)

(click to show/hide)

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 10:12:10 pm »
I think this sounds reasonable. Might look into decent ways for displaying sprites in this version of Minecraft, classic was a bit easier with the limited worlds and sense of space. Builder+ sounds fine too, I believe it was that on classic!

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 10:36:40 pm »
Sprites are awesome, so I like this idea. Question: what would the minimum build rank be?
Maybe there shouldnt be one? If theres a talented recuit, we could give them access. Like a whitelist thing
IG - @oem_moses

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:55 am »
Maybe there shouldnt be one? If theres a talented recuit, we could give them access. Like a whitelist thing

I actually like this idea too! Maybe recruits can show their sprite skills and somehow get whitelisted by an operator?

(click to show/hide)

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 01:21:39 am »
Perhaps, the sprites could just be judged, and if they are up to par with what ever the standard would be, then they could be moved to the world. In a sense, no one can build in the world, its just a display world.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 01:23:40 am »
Perhaps, the sprites could just be judged, and if they are up to par with what ever the standard would be, then they could be moved to the world. In a sense, no one can build in the world, its just a display world.
This makes the most sense to me.
All your mine are belong to me.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 04:16:21 am »
I believe that's how it worked on classic's art showcase world. Then we had another world with huge ass sprites and Toxic&Monkey's 5-layer notch
IG - @oem_moses

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 05:35:11 pm »
I actually like this idea too! Maybe recruits can show their sprite skills and somehow get whitelisted by an operator?
I'm afraid that's not the way world access / build permissions work on the creative server.

I believe that's how it worked on classic's art showcase world. Then we had another world with huge ass sprites and Toxic&Monkey's 5-layer notch
Sounds good to me, we can organize it however we think is best then without worrying about sizing beforehand. We shall see.

ThomasOn

• View Profile
    • Освещение
Art W
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 10:09:32 pm »
They are all incredible These art creations can truly inspire a lot of artists including me Thank you for sharing it