March 28, 2024, 05:02:02 pm

Author Topic: could we add /ch l to creative?  (Read 11517 times)

wolfgirl493

• Best Wolf Operator on Creative
  • Yeah I'm a wolf, got a problem with that? >;D
    • View Profile
could we add /ch l to creative?
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:05:38 pm »
I think the the creative server should have the command /ch l so some we can just talk to people who are around us and not the whole server? Yes I know we have /msg but sometimes people forget to do /r and it just gets confusing when you are trying to talk to more then one person at the sometime. I would love it if you could add it =^.^=
                                   -<3 Wolfie

~Hi45~

• View Profile
Re: could we add /ch l to creative?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 11:14:14 pm »
 It would be very helpful, I'm in

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
+1 Great Idea, This would be very helpful and remove alot of annoyances. as long as people spawn in/connect to the "global" chat.
IG - @oem_moses

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 12:32:35 am »
While this is a great idea, do keep in mind that we're trying to keep the creative server as close to Classic as it can be. We never had any of those separate channels that SMP has, and it wouldn't do much good if people were to experience any kind of issue and nobody could hear them because they were on Local chat.

In addition, a lot of players are far more separated from each other as opposed to SMP.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 12:33:47 am »
While this is a great idea, do keep in mind that we're trying to keep the creative server as close to Classic as it can be. We never had any of those separate channels that SMP has, and it wouldn't do much good if people were to experience any kind of issue and nobody could hear them because they were on Local chat.

In addition, a lot of players are far more separated from each other as opposed to SMP.
While the idea was to make it as close to classic as possible, we still want to improve it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

~Hi45~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 12:37:21 am »

While the idea was to make it as close to classic as possible, we still want to improve it.
is this a yes or a no Nick?

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 03:47:56 am »
It's a wonderful idea in my opinion. From what I've seen from other players and my experiences, /r is somewhat unreliable. And as stated, the problem of someone having an issue while in local would be eliminated if people spawned in already in global. All for this.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 04:58:46 am »
From what I've seen from other players and my experiences, /r is somewhat unreliable.
Just a side note, this has been fixed now =p

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 05:18:49 am »
sweet lol. I'm still for it.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 11:47:19 am »
If this is going to be added, I don't believe the default channel should be /ch l. There really isn't that much spam, and it just pisses off any new players when nobody can hear them.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »

is this a yes or a no Nick?

If this is going to be added, I don't believe the default channel should be /ch l. There really isn't that much spam, and it just pisses off any new players when nobody can hear them.

I think the last time we discussed this it'll most likely be chat-per-world and default would be to global to all worlds, we also decided there wasn't too much point because there wasn't too many people. However, if Nick is okay with this suggestion I don't have a problem with something being done.

wolfgirl493

• Best Wolf Operator on Creative
  • Yeah I'm a wolf, got a problem with that? >;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 04:07:14 am »
Okay awesome, and like I said it doesn't matter to me if you put it in or not I was just thinking it could be a bit easier and a bit less annoying to talk to someone then use /msg and /r all the time. But anyway I still appreciate you for thinking about this =^.^=

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 12:43:32 am »
I would honestly rather have a local chat than a per world chat. I feel per world chat would decrease the amount that people talk in global making the server feel more dead if they are not in a highly populated world.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 03:44:55 am »
I would honestly rather have a local chat than a per world chat. I feel per world chat would decrease the amount that people talk in global making the server feel more dead if they are not in a highly populated world.
The thing is, worlds are pretty small, so a 'world' channel is more or less the same thing as a local channel.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 04:34:55 am »
The thing is, worlds are pretty small, so a 'world' channel is more or less the same thing as a local channel.
valid point