April 29, 2024, 10:41:12 am

Author Topic: Alternative for creative  (Read 43116 times)

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative for creative
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 10:25:20 pm »
so does that mean that you are/will be looking into setting all this up? confirmed? :D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 11:47:36 pm »
so does that mean that you are/will be looking into setting all this up? confirmed? :D
Of course nothing is confirmed. Just saying it is more likely.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 01:45:05 am »
hhmmm im very excited now ;D haha thanks nick :)

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 02:26:54 am »
I really like this idea and hope something gets worked out for it to work.
I think it'd bring a whole lot of life back to the creative side of our players.  Eagerly awaiting to see the results of it
I feel a creative server is more likely due to it being much easier for us to accomplish.

While it seems more likely that a Creative server would be made, I kind of like the idea more of building on the server itself (or at least building with terrain. In all honesty building on nothing but flatness got really old on Classic. If it were up to me, there'd be terrain on the Creative server, if one happens).

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 02:53:11 am »
I think if it were possible to do on the server (without having to get a new box and a new payment) we should do it that way to at least see if new people are interested who hadn't experienced what it was like to build with some of the best of OpticRaft before
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 07:34:57 pm »
I think if it were possible to do on the server (without having to get a new box and a new payment) we should do it that way to at least see if new people are interested who hadn't experienced what it was like to build with some of the best of OpticRaft before
It would have to be with a new box.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 08:13:46 pm »
So the worldguard stuff wont work?
Major Igenerator

DP

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:35 pm »
So the worldguard stuff wont work?
Not for what we can do. It would be relatively simple for opti to do something like that, but not us.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 09:25:03 pm »

Why? As far as I understand, Opticraft is hosted on a dedicated server/VPS, not by a Minecraft Server hosting company, right?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »

Why? As far as I understand, Opticraft is hosted on a dedicated server/VPS, not by a Minecraft Server hosting company, right?
Yes, and it is controlled by optical.

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 07:27:09 am »

Is the original suggestion for this alternative for creative being on the smp server with use of WorldGuard not going to work?

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2014, 01:45:34 pm »
you can use command blocks to update peoples ranks, and you can use worldguard to prevent /return /warp and /home so they cant get out of the creative world without warp sign.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2014, 02:11:37 pm »

Is the original suggestion for this alternative for creative being on the smp server with use of WorldGuard not going to work?
not without some extra coding. Unless you want the ranks to never be able to play the smp portion again.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:14:36 pm by Nick3306 »

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2014, 08:49:47 pm »

not without some extra coding. Unless you want the ranks to never be able to play the smp portion again.
lol I thought that was part of the original suggestion: "To that I crafted the idea of these building ranks not being able to sell items to the market thus sacrificing their ability to play in survival to build with an unlimited amount of blocks." To which I, at least me, wouldn't have a problem with that if I were that rank.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »
Yeah I would be fine with not having to spend an hour mining to get enough money to buy bricks for half a building's front
Major Igenerator

DP