March 29, 2024, 07:40:12 am

Author Topic: Lets have some Ideas.  (Read 19071 times)

morgosin

• View Profile
Lets have some Ideas.
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »
Alright so, Since we have all had such a great discussion of what needs to happen to help out the server. Lets make some suggestions.

Post a short summary of the idea you have, and post a link to the page where it is found. Remember some ideas will require a build to go with it, examples being: Paintball, Blockhunt, Hunger games, Spleef, and many others.

Remember this when you post, and be prepared to aid in any way you can.

Block Hunt- If you have played Garry's Mod, or Teamfortress 2, you have most likely come across a mod called Prop Hunt. The goal of the mini game is to be the last prop standing. A player will either be a hunter or a prop, almost like a more in-depth form of hide and seek it has a time limit, and can take place in many custom arena's.

http://www.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/blockhunt
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

whatmyname

• View Profile
Re: Lets have some Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:28:47 pm »
This might just be me but whenever I mine obsidian there is a lot of bad block lag. If we could fix lag issues, clean up some of the grief and make the worlds a nicer place then I'm sure many more people will come. Also fixing the vote so you actually vote will stop people abusing it to just get diamonds. Posting on Planet Minecraft could help as well. Also making some banners or something to go around other forums like the Minecraft forum could help us a bit. :) Just my suggestions feel free to change them around or whatever.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:52:12 pm »
This might just be me but whenever I mine obsidian there is a lot of bad block lag. If we could fix lag issues,

I very rarely, if ever, get lag/block lag on Opticraft. It's one of the few servers in which I've never seen it get too bad.

Nothing_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:05:24 pm »
While I agree that we need something new and different if we are going to attract large amounts of new players, I don't think mini games are the way to go. The community on this server is the reason why most of the people still play here, and mini game servers have little to no community whatsoever. We need something that allows players to work together in a competitive and cooperative environment.

Maybe a new world dedicated solely to pvp where you can break/raid/grief other peoples bases would be a good way to go, or a creative world with plots or something to that effect where people can compete to see who can build the nicest things, with no restrictions like money or your ability to gather resources.

This is not to say that mini games are a bad idea, just that they would need some tweaking in order to make them more cooperative/community driven.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »
I'm thinking maybe add a factions world.
If factions are added put in a rule that states you may not steal or betray your own faction. Permaban. I was on another factions server during my break from Opticraft and the had that rule. After I quit I ended up just doing that and of course I was banned. I would really love factions here because the other factions server had hella cool plugins but everyone was an asshole and the server owner is/was a major dick. Now, factions on Opticraft, that's something that I know I'll enjoy.
(And those plugins included airships, guns and spells mods. All were servers side and even included a texture pack to make the hoes look like actual guns)

Hunger games could be cool too.

Maybe a spleef revival. My arena is still there so we are already set for one of those.

Another build competition on SMP?

Other than that I really am not too phased about the player count drop, I mean the community is still here and it's why I joined so...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:16:16 pm by SalsaInABowl »
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 07:41:04 pm »
creative :D

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 08:06:11 pm »
Creative or Factions/Raid World.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 08:20:42 pm »
Sorry but isnt this basically what the suggestions section of the forum is for?

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »
I don't think factions would help the server maybe minigames but not factions. I think people come here for smp but mini games cant hurt can they. We could make an opticraft carnival wouldn't be to bad. If anyone knows stampylongnose they would have some ideas

Hola.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 09:55:34 pm »
I don't think factions would help the server maybe minigames but not factions. I think people come here for smp but mini games cant hurt can they. We could make an opticraft carnival wouldn't be to bad. If anyone knows stampylongnose they would have some ideas
Ew, not minigames just ew. Like it's cool and all, but they are really really kiddish most of the time. If you want minigames, you can make a lot in just vanilla.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 11:46:25 pm »
Ew, not minigames just ew. Like it's cool and all, but they are really really kiddish most of the time. If you want minigames, you can make a lot in just vanilla.

That's what my recent project is by the way so if it is a success we will have that covered
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 06:46:05 am »
none of this will be possible without a developer.

And, if opticraft adds something like hunger games or a factions aspect, then it's not even opticraft anymore. Just sayin...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:47:47 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

khoiboy51

• Official SMP Trusted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 07:32:14 am »
none of this will be possible without a developer.

And, if opticraft adds something like hunger games or a factions aspect, then it's not even opticraft anymore. Just sayin...
We cant really add fctions cause the  its not reallu an smp anymorr

Hola.

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 12:44:38 pm »
This might just be me but whenever I mine obsidian there is a lot of bad block lag. If we could fix lag issues,

I very rarely, if ever, get lag/block lag on Opticraft. It's one of the few servers in which I've never seen it get too bad.

lmao it's the only server I get block lag on
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »
Can y'all just let Opticraft die with some dignity?

I'd rather see it die as a vanilla SMP server with an awesome community than see it heavily modded just to suit the needs of a gaming community with the attention span of a squirrel.

We can't keep opticraft forever and we certainly can't make it like those other servers you guys play. I already know that pvp and factions worlds will probably never be approved. That's never what we were about.

We're a building community. We really are. We began with a simple, yet successful Classic Minecraft server, filled with glorious builds and designs. Our eager community members would log on each day, inspired to build something amazing. We grew into an SMP server eventually as well and while the focus was placed on survival, people managed to still impress us with magnificent feats of work on SMP.

Considering Classic is officially dead and Opticraft no longer recognizes it as a part of the Opticraft experience (hence the archiving of the classic forums), I think our best idea would be to have either a creative server or at the very least an event server. We need a place to express ourselves freely through building like the classic server used to do.

Considering there is little to no survival on opticraft anyways with all its plugins, people are just getting bored. We can keep trying to earn money but there really isn't much of an incentive to bother. The voting rewards of diamonds aren't really useful unless you're trying to amass a collection, are pvping (not many are) or are making a bunch of tools every day (which you shouldn't need to unless you're making backup tools or selling em for some small amount of profit).

Perhaps for our survival server it might be best to separate inventories/money to each world so people can actually work to acquire things instead of already having it by switching back to their massive vault rooms of stuff in their home world.

Hardcore survival could also work.

But remember to not change the server too much. We're a friendly server. We're a great community that comes together to make this server more interesting. And we definitely all love to build. Adding an unfriendly mechanic such as war, factions, and hunger games might take away from our positive personality.

We will morph into an environment of hostility which may be OK just for the sake of the game but that's not what the opticraft I've been with for the past 2.5 years is all about.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:57:20 pm by DJAlphaWolf »