April 25, 2024, 03:07:01 pm

Author Topic: Lava  (Read 4444 times)

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
Lava
« on: March 17, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »
I was asked by a user if lava was allowed i know it can be placed with a dispenser, but the rules dont specify. so do any senior staff know if it is allowed or not? thanks
All education does is teach you that learning is bad.

Mattkkk12345

Re: Lava
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:09:49 pm »
I know i'm not 'senior staff', but i'm pretty sure lava can only be placed with the presence of a PS stone and as long as it's not being used to farm things such as obsidian.

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 09:47:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure we are forbidden to uses dispesors for any liquids

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »
I'm pretty sure we are forbidden to uses dispesors for any liquids
Certainly not water, we can use that in dispensers. As for lava, staff have happily placed lava in my chicken cooker/killer so that's not the case either...

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:09:55 pm »
Alicia told me a while ago that water is a definite no. I have no clue as to lava though, I believe it may be possible but no it is not allowed. If water isn't than water isn't. This is just cheating your way through ranks which is almost considered hacking even though it is a normal feature in the game. 

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 12:19:44 pm »
Placing water is allowed for trusted rank or higher.
For lower ranks to get around this rule using dispensors is definitely not allowed.
For trusteds however it is allowed. I was even told how to do it by staff because I needed it for my slimefarm.

As for lava;
Placement of lava is not allowed for cobble/stone generators, player traps, endangering players, grief, large out of control lavafalls etc. etc.
Even trusted players cannot place lava by hand because the consequences of making a mistake could be significant.
Only staff can and as mentioned by others it also needs to be protected by PS or other protection.
Doing it using a dispensor is possible but was probably not intended to be possible on this server.

I just read the rulesbook and it's under "guidelines" on page 9 and 10:

"-The use of fire and lava is stricktly forbidden, a staffmember can assist if these are needed."

I think that answers it.

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 12:55:00 pm »
this is exactly what im trying to clear up. the rules say you cant but you said that someone from the staff said you could.
can you or cant you?

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 01:24:24 pm »
You cannot.

Lando_V

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 01:52:33 pm »
this is exactly what im trying to clear up. the rules say you cant but you said that someone from the staff said you could.
can you or cant you?

Placing water and placing lava are 2 different things. I can place them both (with the use of a dispenser) but I'm only allowed to place water.
Staff never said I was allowed to place lava, they said I was allowed to place water with a dispenser, because I'm trusted.

This is not only about "can you do it", this is about "are you allowed to do it" and about ranks.

Trusted players are allowed to place water or use dispensers to place water.
They can't place lava. They can but are not allowed to use dispensers to place lava. For lava placement or lava placement in dispensers, ask staff.

Below trusted are not allowed to use any of them. For water/lava placement (or in dispensers), ask staff.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 11:31:53 pm »
Nope when I asked, they said to not use water in a dispenser no matter what the rank is.

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 12:19:12 am »
one, id like to direcy this to senior staff that know (operators and admins), and this is only about lava, not water.

Awesomedude782

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 12:28:42 am »
I asked an operator (2crzy4uall) and he said that placing lava with dispensers is allowed aslong as it isnt used for grief or generators.