April 20, 2024, 10:18:19 am

Poll

Cnhorses tpa with you someway back to your huse?

Let horses tpa with you
1 (33.3%)
Have to build more homes where your horse is
0 (0%)
Let horses be tamed and let them follow you around
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: January 13, 2014, 08:44:42 am

Author Topic: Horse taming / following  (Read 9196 times)

izzy123

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Horse taming / following
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:42 am »
I have been thinking of this one for a while now and I think there might be some sort of plug-in so horses can follow you better or you can tame them or something so you don't have to build another house where the horse was found or go find your horse which could possibly take ages.

I do know that this might have been said before or suggested before at some point but this might be a first time suggestion but I hope this could be added or you could get a plug-in or something for the server where horses can follow you by getting tamed with something.

~isabella1633

P.S this may be confusing.

P.P.S I may have said some things twice please forgive me.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Horse taming / following
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:10:39 pm »
You can already tame a horse by right clicking it with an empty hand until it stops bucking you off, if you then add a saddle (which can be bought from the market) you can direct the horse exactly where you want it to go very easily. You can also use a lead to drag horses where you want to go which is easy enough too (unless the horse doesn't get stuck behind a tree...).

roscoepwns

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:16:21 pm »
The problem, Tobs, is that Horses can be found anywhere, and let's say someone searched HOURS to find one.  They finally get one, tame it, saddle it up, then have to ride it like 2124352e4234243255768563 miles back to their house? -.-

This comes from experience.

Wone

• Self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi Colonel
  • Be courteous or GTFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:31:18 pm »
To put it simply,
She's asking whether we can have the horse to come when summoned, like in Red Dead Redemption where you whistle and your horse appear out of nowhere.

Side note: why would you ride a horse anyway?

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:11 pm »
The most you've got to ride the horse on the server is diagonally across the entire map, even then it's going to take under an hour to do that and your home isn't going to be one side of the map and the horse the complete other. Yes, there's the day/night cycle but you can easily bury yourself and the horse or just keep going through the night.

The horses not teleporting is part of Minecraft, unlike dogs/wolves which do when you move too far away from them. I don't feel it'd be worth spending time changing this as it's only a small challenge really.

roscoepwns

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:57 pm »
The horses not teleporting is part of Minecraft, unlike dogs/wolves which do when you move too far away from them. I don't feel it'd be worth spending time changing this as it's only a small challenge really.
If it requires a lot of work then forget it, but if you can easily get a small plugin that allows your horse to teleport to you, it would save time.
To put it simply,
She's asking whether we can have the horse to come when summoned, like in Red Dead Redemption where you whistle and your horse appear out of nowhere.

Side note: why would you ride a horse anyway?
Exactly.

And...
Horses=FAST
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:38:58 pm by roscoepwns »

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 12:53:12 pm »
If it requires a lot of work then forget it, but if you can easily get a small plugin that allows your horse to teleport to you, it would save time.

Horses (as with all animals) don't exactly belong to a player as it is, once tamed anyone can jump on a horse and ride it around. If you found a horse, jumped on it and teleported back to your home it'd really make it way too easy. People haven't complained about collecting horses since they were released a lot of months ago as it had to be done in Minecraft anyway, so they might as well be bought back the same way now. And as you said, Horses=FAST so it shouldn't take that much time.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »
So okay, some people may argue this takes away again from the survival aspect of the server, but i many times have found horses, and by the time i'm half way back to my house it's been blown up by a  creeper or something, it's really frustrating. Then again having horses tpa with you would make them very cheap to buy as there are many in the new world, i'm not sure entirely what i think of this one but i do think it would be very handy even though it may damage the economy a small bit.

- Matt

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 pm »
Spartan and I rode two horses literally to the opposite side of the old guest world, it is more than possible and only took about two hours.  With the little number of horses spawning in the largest block for block world the ride was oh so worth it, and provided quite the few memories after the fact
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

izzy123

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 11:26:16 pm »
I know you can tame a horse but I am just wanting like a plugin for the horse to follow you with out any of that stuff like a dog or a cat how they just follow you around everywhere when they stand up.

thenickster629

• Don't try to sneak up on a assassin :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 10:12:43 am »
The most you've got to ride the horse on the server is diagonally across the entire map, even then it's going to take under an hour to do that and your home isn't going to be one side of the map and the horse the complete other. Yes, there's the day/night cycle but you can easily bury yourself and the horse or just keep going through the night.

As tobs said it is not apart of minecraft teleporting  horses would make it wayyy to easy for players, horses are treasured possessions, whilst riding its basically speed III jump II. Wolves attack things and follow you everywhere but are pretty weak in comparison to horses and cats do nothing, so they need the buff of teleporting.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 05:42:38 pm »
I know you can tame a horse but I am just wanting like a plugin for the horse to follow you with out any of that stuff like a dog or a cat how they just follow you around everywhere when they stand up.

Uhm, it is a horse, if you want it to follow you? Guess what there is a Lead you can get almost from anyone! This is SMP, we don't change things just to save 2 hours of your life. Ride the horse like mojang wanted you to. It isn't that big of a deal because once you get 2 horses, badaboom badabam, you can breed them. To be honest, Opticalza doesn't have time to make these small changes. The only time he has is to update the server and make large based decisions. 

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 05:45:02 pm »
 anyway the newmember is packed full of horses so you do not have to travel far

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:49 am »
Killing a horse should drop a horse spawn egg, for easy transport

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:11:16 am »
You're all complaining about the horses being so far while horses spawn in my house and I just ride them and fight mobs till it dies.

Killing a horse should drop a horse spawn egg, for easy transport
This is a very good idea to be honest, this could possibly even be a donation reward.. Too bad we don't have an active dev.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:53:46 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey