March 29, 2024, 01:34:49 am

Author Topic: Devok, checking in!  (Read 6289 times)

Devok

• View Profile
Devok, checking in!
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:07:39 am »
Ingame name: Devok07
Preferred names: Matt, Dev, Devok

Where to start... lets go with my Minecraft history. I started playing Minecraft around 4-5 months after it was started being sold. Did single player for a bit and got bored rather quickly, because I like to be social on games, and started playing multiplayer servers. Ended up at one where I worked my way up the gaming ladder, and soon found myself as a Administrator. I was in charge of basic coding, handling a lot of forum stuff, and pretty much maintaining order in-game. I spent most of my time tailoring plugins to the server, and then building informative threads about said additions. Sadly I had a fall out with the owner of the server, who decided that because someone kept promising to donate they can not be banned, and that decision was abused to the fullest. Two other staff members and I left the server, and started up our own. We had a good start and everything was rolling right along. With a server up, plugins ready, and still ironing out ranks/rules, we started building the map and giving access to players so they can be apart of creating the first version.

Shortly after though, the main founder (the one paying the bills) had a major family emergency and completely disappeared from the online presence, leaving my bud and I with a server that neither of us had the means to pay for. So we decided to shut down and I took a break from Minecraft for a long time after that.

Other than Minecraft though, I've played and enjoyed many games such as Guild Wars 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed 3, Test Drive Unlimited 2, and many more. I've partaken in various betas/alphas, and moderated for various forums/private servers. Among gaming I have other hobbies and interests. I have a keen interest in hacking (don't worry, I'm a grey hat) but tend to focus on Social Engineering techniques and WiFi penetration. I also like to ride street BMX, smoke hookah, drink tea, and I am very passionate about music.

Mind is starting to wander, so I'll end it here for now.

Nice to meet ya'll and see ya in game!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Devok, checking in!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:30:46 am »
This is beautiful...

#Devok4M0D2015
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »
What types of music do you like?

Devok

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:21 pm »
What types of music do you like?

I kind of jump around depending on my mind set. I mostly listen to underground hip-hop or hardcore hip-hop like Tech N9ne. But I also enjoy some dubstep, glitch hop, purple, classical/orchestra/symphony, rock, heavy metal, and more than I feel like listing.

Current artists I'm listen too:
Mayday!
The Palmer Squares
Logic

I utilize Pandora a lot, and have around 20+ stations on it (not sure if that's a lot, but it is to me).

Here's some of my favorite songs/mixes:
Johnny Polygon - LimoSexSuperstar {Rap}
Glitch hop / Moombahton Mix by GQ
Envy - Normal {Rap}
Unlimited Gravity - Lift Your Spirit {Glitch Hop}
The Palmer Squares - Muffhugger {Rap}

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »
Welcome to opticraft and it's community :)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »
Underground rap I see...we're going to be good friends :p

#Rapslikelilwayne
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 09:48:41 pm »
I like classical music as well (:

Devok

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 03:20:46 am »

#Rapslikelilwayne
I hope you aren't saying lil wayne is a rapper. :P But yes, I don't listen to most of the swill that is currently played on radio. I do like a couple of radio artist though, but not many. I mainly listen to Immortal Technique, The Game, Tech N9ne, Necro, Ill Bill, and a couple of others.

Whats you're favorite piece or symphony? I enjoy No. 25, and for modern type stuff I like Lindsey Sterling because she fuses violin with electronic beats.

(possible suggestion if any staff members are reading this thread, see if there is a option for Multi-quoting.)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 03:52:53 am »

#Rapslikelilwayne
I hope you aren't saying lil wayne is a rapper. :P But yes, I don't listen to most of the swill that is currently played on radio. I do like a couple of radio artist though, but not many. I mainly listen to Immortal Technique, The Game, Tech N9ne, Necro, Ill Bill, and a couple of others.

Whats you're favorite piece or symphony? I enjoy No. 25, and for modern type stuff I like Lindsey Sterling because she fuses violin with electronic beats.

(possible suggestion if any staff members are reading this thread, see if there is a option for Multi-quoting.)
I enjoy Brandenburg movements as I have played 2 movements in orchestra.  Also one of my favorite pieces is Warrior Legacy by Soon He Newbold

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 04:50:58 am »
Nice to have you here. :D

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 05:36:15 am »

#Rapslikelilwayne
I hope you aren't saying lil wayne is a rapper. :P

WEEZY
I took a picture of a spider call it webcam.
Yung MOOlaH BaAaBBBeeEEeHhh

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 08:26:19 am »
Man, what a journey. Hope you enjoy opticraft!
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 02:06:19 am »
I enjoy Brandenburg movements as I have played 2 movements in orchestra.  Also one of my favorite pieces is Warrior Legacy by Soon He Newbold

Soon Hee Newbold is pretty awesome. I'm playing two pieces she composed in orchestra at present, Dragon Dances and The Odyssey.

In regards to your comment about Lindsay Stirling, devok, you should listen to the Piano Guys too. (I would /quote, but that takes a skill on an iPad... A skill I don't have.)
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 09:37:22 pm »
Welcome to the server Matt!
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted