March 29, 2024, 08:29:09 am

Author Topic: The unnecessarily locking of topics in appropriate boards.  (Read 7884 times)

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
The unnecessarily locking of topics in appropriate boards.
« on: August 31, 2013, 08:34:55 pm »
I have noticed an increase of locked topics "just because what is there to be said has been said"... I don't think that's reason to lock a topic, if someone is having the same issue or an opinion about the topic, they can't.

Also, if we want to discuss why ants are brown, why spiders are nasty, why we think Miley Cyrus looked disgusting (or fabulous) , on an Off topic forum, we should be able to, because that's what that board is, to express different opinions and critique.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: The unnecessarily locking of topics in appropriate boards.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:41:00 pm »
If you are upset about the locking of the Miley Cyrus topic, why wouldn't you talk to the person who locked it in a pm instead of making a topic for it?

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:42:17 pm »
If you are upset about the locking of the Miley Cyrus topic, why wouldn't you talk to the person who locked it instead of making a topic for it?
Do you know what examples are Alicia?

Because that was one.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:45:43 pm »
It looked like you were only talking about that one, but yes, thanks for the unnecessary sarcasm.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »
It looked like you were only talking about that one, but yes, thanks for the unnecessary sarcasm.

I clearly stated other made-up cases before an actual one so I didn't seem like I was talking about a specific one. I could care less about Miley Cyrus but I should be able to post that in that topic if I wanted to.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 08:51:38 pm »
Part of the reason the topic was locked was because the video was innapropriate, and we have children here. And the fact that the others were made up made it look like you were specifically talking about that topic.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:59:19 pm by awesomealicia »

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 09:06:27 am »
I agree with Alicia, and yes there are children min there like m- ok whatever but it was very inappropriate. No if you werent specifically talking about that, we'll yeah I don't even know why staff lock, we'll "Leaving opti", "My mast goodbye". Because we all wanna say "bye" and tell them them some stuff before they leave.
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 11:46:51 am »
I agree with Alicia, and yes there are children min there like m- ok whatever but it was very inappropriate. No if you werent specifically talking about that, we'll yeah I don't even know why staff lock, we'll "Leaving opti", "My mast goodbye". Because we all wanna say "bye" and tell them them some stuff before they leave.

Then pm them, the point of locking those topics is so people don't post "Bye" to increase there post count.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
  • Previously goalieguy60, ^^ thats me
    • View Profile
    • My youtube.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 01:15:03 pm »
Part of the reason the topic was locked was because the video was innapropriate, and we have children here. And the fact that the others were made up made it look like you were specifically talking about that topic.
I'm sorry, when I posted that topic I was not taking in account for children under 13, because, according to the forum rules, should not be on the forums anyway.