April 28, 2024, 07:11:47 pm

Poll

How many people do you like on the server?

9 (24.3%)
7 (18.9%)
6 (16.2%)
2 (5.4%)
100+
13 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: July 30, 2013, 04:49:48 am

Author Topic: Lack of people  (Read 28374 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of people
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 05:10:16 am »
Why does opti want to keep it? Personally I think it just wastes resources. The only reason I can think of for opti keeping the old world is there are players who might not get the message of the old guest world being deleted, and some players might have open builds in the old guest world.

EDIT: Shoulda read a few of the previous responses. I've seen a few servers that erase their worlds before a major update like the redstone update, but they tell all of their players to get proof and other info of their builds so they can be made into schematics and placed onto the new world. Not saying we should do this, but perhaps it would be a good idea just once to move stuff from the old guest to the new guest or member worlds.

I'm still confused as to why not use the old guest world to hold the new pvp arenas. That would be the best option of all. You wouldn't lose old guest, there would be the pvp areas made, and no new world named "PVP" would need to be made. To me the most logical thing to do, given the scenario, would be to have the pvp features placed onto the old guest world, but the pvp would only be within the arenas, and nowhere else. Everywhere outside of the arenas in the old guest would be non-pvp.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:15:53 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2013, 05:12:25 am »
NONONONO please don't delete the old guest! So many people have their builds there, including me!
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2013, 05:30:05 am »
I'm still confused as to why not use the old guest world to hold the new pvp arenas. That would be the best option of all. You wouldn't lose old guest, there would be the pvp areas made, and no new world named "PVP" would need to be made. To me the most logical thing to do, given the scenario, would be to have the pvp features placed onto the old guest world, but the pvp would only be within the arenas, and nowhere else. Everywhere outside of the arenas in the old guest would be non-pvp.

I wouldn't mind if there were PVP arenas within the old guest world as it would save from making a new world and
increase tourism into the old guest world.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »
Why does opti want to keep it? Personally I think it just wastes resources. The only reason I can think of for opti keeping the old world is there are players who might not get the message of the old guest world being deleted, and some players might have open builds in the old guest world.

EDIT: Shoulda read a few of the previous responses. I've seen a few servers that erase their worlds before a major update like the redstone update, but they tell all of their players to get proof and other info of their builds so they can be made into schematics and placed onto the new world. Not saying we should do this, but perhaps it would be a good idea just once to move stuff from the old guest to the new guest or member worlds.

According to optical new worlds are not that taxing on the server. So in his eyes, if we are able to keep it, why not keep it?
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »
Exactly. Not angering old guest based players is an added bonus.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2013, 11:11:45 pm »
Still, why not place the pvp arenas in the old guest world? They could be placed over the griefed structures of players who left a long long time ago. Even if those players came back to find their build overridden, it wouldn't matter. If you are gone for a year it's only fair your space consuming build be given up without your mere logging in once every few months.

It would give the arenas a sort of war torn exotic feel lol I know I sound all weird right now.

Best griefer name ^

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2013, 11:52:03 pm »
I personally don't think it would be good in the old guest but that's just me

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »

According to optical new worlds are not that taxing on the server. So in his eyes, if we are able to keep it, why not keep it?

Whew.  I'd be heartbroken if my whole city were just deleted.
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2013, 03:36:46 pm »

Or we could just have a shiny and clean new pvp world that looks professional. Rather than a half-assed, arena filled old guest world. Which still contains multiple ongoing builds and projects.

Angelsrage21

• Im nice, I promise :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2013, 03:58:22 pm »
Get rid of the old guest world?.....why not just give a hobo a thousand dollars and then he finds out its monopoly money!@..........DONT GET RID OF IT :( a lot more people build there than you know

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2013, 08:53:34 pm »
If you wouldve read a bit, youd know that we're not getting rid of it.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2013, 09:48:28 pm »
Also adding that the old guest world will never have PVP enabled in it, we now have the starts of a PVP system which will work just fine (http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,18221.0.html) so if anything is going to be done or expanded with PVP we can do it there.

Ozzyisleaf

• So, you out for that dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »
Ya, I hope i'm going to help this situation... I'm going to make some youtube videos to solve this, if I get a series going, i'll make a forum post with the series on it. And yes, it will include annoying zelda remix.