April 27, 2024, 09:19:57 am

Author Topic: Xbox One & PS4 First Impressions, E3 Info, etc.  (Read 15377 times)

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
Xbox One & PS4 First Impressions, E3 Info, etc.
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:08:04 pm »
Since Microsoft unveiled the next-gen Xbox console yesterday, there has been ALOT of controversy started. Some people are disappointed in the name choice, others dislike the exterior, some love the specs, some believe it may not be able to handle the crazy games to come out.

What did you think of the XBOX ONE or PS4?
What did you think of the unveiling in general?
Did you play the drinking game?
E3?

I personally, like it alot, not the biggest fan on how much they pushed on the apps as if they are the games. I am curious to see what the new exclusives are, and I shit my pants when the Forza 5 teaser was shown. The TV functionality app is cool, I'm still curious to see how it'll work. Anyways, I probably wont make any final decisions on which system I will get til Sony unveils the PS4 (I'm still a hardcore PS Fan :P)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 05:13:15 pm by Holy_Moses »
IG - @oem_moses

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:44 pm »
I'm gonna be honest, I stopped keeping myself up to date with consoles since I got a PC. I didn't even know there was a new Playstation system or Xbox being released until I saw the videos on YouTube.. via my PC nonetheless.

Even back in the day of playing both PS3 and Xbox (in no particular order) I was never the one who argued about which one was better, or about how good/bad the specs were for either. So now looking at the new Xbox, whether people think the unveiling/name/specs are good/bad, I just see it as a new console that's going to be bought be millions of people either way.

Congrats on them for releasing a new console, I hope it's worth the hype and that Xbox fans enjoy it =)

lordyokel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »
I like everything about it. My only problem is the controller, I dont really like how it looks.
-Old man Yokel

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:39:35 pm »
I like everything about it. My only problem is the controller, I dont really like how it looks.
I don't really see any problem with it... It looks like any other Xbox controller, just a bit easier to handle and more modern-looking. Can't really see what it's like untill I actually hold a controller.

The main thing I hate is the fact that 360 games won't be able to be played on the ONE. I much prefer PCs for games, I only really buy Xbox games if I want to play them with friends (or console only games) - PC games are still able to be played for years, I still play Theme Hospital and that was released in 1997. But whatever, will probably buy a new Xbox once the price has lowered a bit. Untill I've used it, I will not really have much of an opinion.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:41:42 pm by Tobs »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 04:20:48 pm »
I agree with tobs on the lack of being able to play 360 games. I don't want to purchase some extra hardware drive to play them either.

I saw the reveal yesterday and although there were some new things about it, it isn't that much different from the current update on the 360 console.Half of the "new" features for the kinect were already possible. The difference was that the speed and flow of the One console is supposed to be quick and swift("Zero lag" "switching between apps" "simultaneous app running"). The speed and flow is definitely something I like forward to.

I don't know what to think about the new console. I guess I'll just have to wait and see the E3's in depth reviews on the console.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »
Was very disappointing imo. Not only are they going to charge you in order to play used games, you need to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours in order to play. They also bragged about these "15 exclusives" but didn't give any names at all aside from the ones they showed during the reveal (like forza). Sounds like bs to me.

So far the ps4 looks way better imo, but then again, these are just the launch conferences and dont really give all the info on how the consoles themselves will be.

On a side note, you still have to pay for live, so it is an automatic not buy for me.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 04:47:22 pm »
They also bragged about these "15 exclusives" but didn't give any names at all aside from the ones they showed during the reveal (like forza). Sounds like bs to me.

They said there would be more about the games at E3, but I doubt every game will be shown there.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 05:21:08 pm »
They also bragged about these "15 exclusives" but didn't give any names at all aside from the ones they showed during the reveal (like forza). Sounds like bs to me.

They said there would be more about the games at E3, but I doubt every game will be shown there.
Would be very impressive though. Still going to buy the ps4 regardless (if i have the money that is)
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 12:07:23 am »
I don't like the name and the design is plain and boring.  And it is basically a futuristic DVD/VCR.  I also don't like that you have to pay a small fee to play a used game, which adds controversy to Gamestop.  Also, there was fake applause at the press conference, there was a group in the back clapping to make it seem like the press were doing it.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 03:56:35 pm »
I found this amusing... accurate though.

(click to show/hide)

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 04:07:40 pm »
I found this amusing... accurate though.

(click to show/hide)

I saw that as well.

Tv, Tv, XBox, Tv, Television, Tv, Sport, Sports, EA sports, sport, Tv, tv, tv.
(click to show/hide)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 10:39:55 pm »
as wooden said, in one word:
Television!
It's gonna be such bullshit. it wont even function without Kinect, It's not backwards compatible (being able to play previous games) and it sure as hell can watch TV. The reveal basically went like this
"Xbox one is going to be able to watch realtime TV. Imagine it, TV. TV, TV. Want to watch TV? Get the Xbox one. TV? Xbox one."

Oh wait, that's an Xbox One?

Nope! That's the true Xbox One.

Not only are they going to charge you in order to play used games

Microsoft confirmed that false, btw.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:45:10 pm by LIEKABOWSE »

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:49 pm »
I don't really see any problem with it... It looks like any other Xbox controller, just a bit easier to handle and more modern-looking. Can't really see what it's like untill I actually hold a controller.

The main thing I hate is the fact that 360 games won't be able to be played on the ONE. I much prefer PCs for games, I only really buy Xbox games if I want to play them with friends (or console only games) - PC games are still able to be played for years, I still play Theme Hospital and that was released in 1997. But whatever, will probably buy a new Xbox once the price has lowered a bit. Untill I've used it, I will not really have much of an opinion.

Quick question where the on button on that controller XD or does it just go on when you say "Xbox on" if so I find that very well designed

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 11:12:12 pm »
Quick question where the on button on that controller XD or does it just go on when you say "Xbox on" if so I find that very well designed

Judging by other controllers...

And saying xbox on would turn just the Xbox console on I think, but I may be wrong.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 02:10:20 am »
Was very disappointing imo. Not only are they going to charge you in order to play used games, you need to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours in order to play. They also bragged about these "15 exclusives" but didn't give any names at all aside from the ones they showed during the reveal (like forza). Sounds like bs to me.

So far the ps4 looks way better imo, but then again, these are just the launch conferences and dont really give all the info on how the consoles themselves will be.

On a side note, you still have to pay for live, so it is an automatic not buy for me.

Finally, someone points out the much needed to be pointed out points...

Yep. You can't do what you did in the "old days" and call up a bro and be like, "Hey dude, can I borrow your copy of Halo 4 for a couple days."
Now you can do that, but the XBox One dlc will be like, "nope," and charge you the full price of the game.

And yeah, having to be connected once every 24 hours is bullshit.

Now we move on to the PS4 with its hardware specs that couldn't even rival a three year old gaming PC.

The next generation of consoles are not only a shitty and an utter failure, but neither companies even give a damn about what their users want. Users do not want to have to always be on the internet, users want backwards compatibility, we want good hardware, and none of that DLC bullshit that charges us to play used games (I mean cmon, now no more used game market :/). Microsoft, listening to user feedback... since never.

Best griefer name ^