May 09, 2024, 09:30:19 am

Author Topic: Xbox One & PS4 First Impressions, E3 Info, etc.  (Read 15411 times)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One First Impressions
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 03:21:46 am »
Was very disappointing imo. Not only are they going to charge you in order to play used games, you need to be connected to the internet at least once every 24 hours in order to play. They also bragged about these "15 exclusives" but didn't give any names at all aside from the ones they showed during the reveal (like forza). Sounds like bs to me.

So far the ps4 looks way better imo, but then again, these are just the launch conferences and dont really give all the info on how the consoles themselves will be.

On a side note, you still have to pay for live, so it is an automatic not buy for me.

Finally, someone points out the much needed to be pointed out points...

Yep. You can't do what you did in the "old days" and call up a bro and be like, "Hey dude, can I borrow your copy of Halo 4 for a couple days."
Now you can do that, but the XBox One dlc will be like, "nope," and charge you the full price of the game.

And yeah, having to be connected once every 24 hours is bullshit.

Now we move on to the PS4 with its hardware specs that couldn't even rival a three year old gaming PC.

The next generation of consoles are not only a shitty and an utter failure, but neither companies even give a damn about what their users want. Users do not want to have to always be on the internet, users want backwards compatibility, we want good hardware, and none of that DLC bullshit that charges us to play used games (I mean cmon, now no more used game market :/). Microsoft, listening to user feedback... since never.
The specs are not as important as a gaming pc. Optimization is a powerful tool my friend, both consoles will be able to output amazing graphics mostly because companies can optimize their games a hell of a lot more than pc devs can.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 03:26:23 am »
Well yeah. Console games are built only for a single set of hardware so the games are naturally more efficient.

Best griefer name ^

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 06:39:43 pm »
To be honest, with the specs that some developers are showing and Xbox chosing C.O.D Ghost has disapointed me as far of the specs and choice of game for launch title. Games like Thief and Watch Dogs should've been in the spotlight. I am severely disapointed at the moment of the name, the bulkier controller and Microsoft for even daring to give us a crap opening. But, with all this next gen graphics, they better put hell of a show at E3 because Sony are looking rather tempting at the moment with their Killzone. Time will tell.
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 05:43:21 am »
as wooden said, in one word:
Television!
It's gonna be such bullshit. it wont even function without Kinect, It's not backwards compatible (being able to play previous games) and it sure as hell can watch TV. The reveal basically went like this
"Xbox one is going to be able to watch realtime TV. Imagine it, TV. TV, TV. Want to watch TV? Get the Xbox one. TV? Xbox one."

Oh wait, that's an Xbox One?

Nope! That's the true Xbox One.

Not only are they going to charge you in order to play used games

Microsoft confirmed that false, btw.
Yo dawg, I heard the Xbox One has T.v. on it, so I bought the xbox one so you can watch T.V. while you watch t.v.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 03:27:01 pm »

No they didn't. They confirmed it to be true with an interview a day or 2 after the release announcement. WHen a game gets tied to your account and someone else tries top play it on their account they will not be able to unless they pay a fee. Now people are speculating that places like gamestop will be able to remove games from peoples accounts when they trade them in so if that were the case you could buy a used game from somewhere like gamestop and be able to play it. But that is just speculation. They have confirmed the used game charge for now.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 12:02:38 am »
To be honest, with the specs that some developers are showing and Xbox chosing C.O.D Ghost has disapointed me as far of the specs and choice of game for launch title. Games like Thief and Watch Dogs should've been in the spotlight. I am severely disapointed at the moment of the name, the bulkier controller and Microsoft for even daring to give us a crap opening. But, with all this next gen graphics, they better put hell of a show at E3 because Sony are looking rather tempting at the moment with their Killzone. Time will tell.
Well I'm sure Microsoft chose CoD to "showoff" the capabilities of the game and the system because of the contract/agreement between them and Activision. Also, because CoD has such a ridiculous fanbase that it'd attract more viewers/gamers towards the Xbox.
IG - @oem_moses

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 01:02:47 am »
Then there's the part where the XBox One is a piece of shit.
8-core "Microsoft Custom" CPU. No CPU specs were given (no frequency, transistor counts, etc.)
DDR3 RAM (8gB).
x86 architecture... wtf, we are so past 32-bit.
Online connectivity required, also bullshit.

Not looking forward to the PS4 either.

Guys, the next generation of consoles officially sucks. Time to switch to the PC.

Best griefer name ^

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 11:22:53 am »

No they didn't. They confirmed it to be true with an interview a day or 2 after the release announcement. WHen a game gets tied to your account and someone else tries top play it on their account they will not be able to unless they pay a fee. Now people are speculating that places like gamestop will be able to remove games from peoples accounts when they trade them in so if that were the case you could buy a used game from somewhere like gamestop and be able to play it. But that is just speculation. They have confirmed the used game charge for now.

Because of that very notion I will not be buying the xbox one
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 11:37:23 pm »
I never was interested in the next Xbox since I am trying to get a gaming pc and have been since I was like 11 or12, but seriously. I went from "Sounds cool, but nah." to "Fuck that bullshit."

It is everything you could possibly go wrong with a console.

Fee to play used games, no backwards compatibility, more apps nobody wants in a gaming console, horrible game choice...I'm sorry but the list could go on about how wrong the Xbox One is.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 01:00:44 pm »
I love what sony did at E3. They cleared up some questions about the PS4 and slapped Microsoft around the face ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 01:06:26 pm »
I love what sony did at E3. They cleared up some questions about the PS4 and slapped Microsoft around the face ;D

Yeah, I've been a loyal Xbox fan but I guess that I'm moving to PS4.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 03:58:52 pm »

Same :)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:57 pm »
Well, I've been an avid console gamer for a long time now.  Started way back!  When the main-stream consoles came around I was big into the first XBox and had a ton of games.  When I got my 360 I added a few games to my list.  I also got a PS2 and a Wii around that time as well...

I have to be honest.  My PS2 and Wii basically have gathered dust pretty much since I got them, and my 360 is pretty much a media center.  I use it to stream video and audio to my TV/Stereo almost every day whereas I actually play a game on it maybe once every 3 months.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a hardcore gamer!  Consoles have just lost their appeal.  How many of you 360 owners are wondering if your XBox Live is going to end up like the old XBox's Live?  Basically when the 360 came out the old XBox's online experience vanished.  Microsoft doesn't care about old technology.  Look at XP, which is still the 2nd most widely used O/S in the world.  They no longer support it!

I'm not even hyped up about the "XBox One" or really any other console, because most of the same gaming can be done easily on PC with better quality and control.  Can anyone say, mod communities?  Yea, you won't find those on consoles.  It's been proven time and time again that PC gaming is where it's at.  You have more options to connect with your friends and you don't have to go through some big company that thinks they have you by the balls.

In short, will I be getting;

XBox One = NO
Playstation 4 = NO
Nintendo ___ = NO
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 05:12:47 pm »

Ditto
IG - @oem_moses

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One & PS4 First Impressions, E3 Info, etc.
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
I hope Bethesda reveals Fallout 4 <3