April 29, 2024, 04:25:22 pm

Author Topic: Being spammed by "you are in a no pvp area"  (Read 7934 times)

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
Being spammed by "you are in a no pvp area"
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:11:30 am »
Well, I was in my house and i saw a dog that was not mine so i went to check if it was mine and i right clicked with an ender pearl and it threw it and bounced by at me saying "you are in a no pvp area" so i went outside my house to get my dog and i came back in and hit the dog and it just started spamming "you are in a no pvp area" all over my screen and hasnt stopped.

http://imgur.com/a/m3P0K

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Being spammed by "you are in a no pvp area"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:40:42 am »
Umm.. relog?

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »
Nice to know there is some experimental work being done on adding some optional form of PVP then.

Must just be a glitch. Yeah, relog and it'll work.

Best griefer name ^

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 06:16:01 pm »
I think I saw a death message in chat a day or two ago that said DJ was slain by Nick. Maybe it works?

If this gets fully implemented, I could see myself setting up a "fight to the death" pvp arena XD OMG I gotta get my other shit finished first lol! I like this!
I had to spend this morning fixing the worlds because tiggy asked opti to enable pvp and it set all the global pvp flags on the server to allow. Keep in mind, even though this happened, I still have no plans to make any sort of pvp world or arena.
Would have thought you read Nick's response...

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 06:31:43 pm »
Nice to know there is some experimental work being done on adding some optional form of PVP then.

Must just be a glitch. Yeah, relog and it'll work.
Actually this is simply a side effect of using global worldguard flags to block pvp.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:44:41 am »
I had heard that the pvp project was dropped, could you please confirm/deny that Nick3306?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 03:15:00 am »
I had heard that the pvp project was dropped, could you please confirm/deny that Nick3306?
it wasn't dropped, it just hasn't been worked on in a long time.

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 09:24:06 am »
What I'm curious about is why Opti would set the worlds to PVP upon Tiggy's request. Not to bash Tiggy or anything, but I didn't think Opti would do it at just a drop of the hat...

I got this same message today at one of my builds. It happened once and hasn't happened since, though.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 03:12:48 pm »
What I'm curious about is why Opti would set the worlds to PVP upon Tiggy's request. Not to bash Tiggy or anything, but I didn't think Opti would do it at just a drop of the hat...

I got this same message today at one of my builds. It happened once and hasn't happened since, though.
Read my post in the staff section of the forums and you will understand what happened.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:17 pm »

Read my post in the staff section of the forums and you will understand what happened.

sure wish i could read staff forums... lol
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 11:44:37 pm »

And I wish that I had a lamborghini, looks like we are in the same boat.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 07:05:12 am »

im in a house.... not on a boat...

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 07:12:01 am »

I believe by Nick phrase "looks like we are in the same boat", he is referring to you and him being in a similar situation of wanting something that is very unlikely to obtain. I hope that cleared up some confusion.

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 01:54:09 am »

I believe by Nick phrase "looks like we are in the same boat", he is referring to you and him being in a similar situation of wanting something that is very unlikely to obtain. I hope that cleared up some confusion.
I believe that Tiggy was being sarcastic...
anyways quote chain! :D
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 01:06:53 pm »

I believe that Tiggy was being sarcastic...
anyways quote chain! :D

^^^^^^^^