April 27, 2024, 02:37:12 pm

Author Topic: How did you start gaming?  (Read 16211 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you start gaming?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 12:04:02 am »
I played some Mario Kart 64 and had a blast. Mmhmm. Ratchet and Clank is a personal favorite from my childhood. A ham e nobody ever played but was fun and hard as hell was a game called Vexx. So fucking hard. That is the original Dark Souls right there. I am almost done beating the game since I got it Christmas of 2004
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 06:47:40 pm »
I'm going to skip all the old Nintendo game consoles, such as the game boys, game cube, and all of those. What got me started with pc gaming was Club Penguin in about 2005 or 2006. After a while of playing that game, my brother got me into Runescape. This went on for 2 or 3 ish years then I discovered minecraft from a guy that made runescape videos on youtube. I would play that game on my mom's computer and she didn't like it so I asked for a laptop for christmas and got it. Then I got steam and got different games on steam such as super meat boy and tf2. My laptop could never handle any games and I put up with it for 2 years, then I asked for a powerful PC for christmas (I got to assemble it, it was fun). 4 months later I have 400GB of games on my computer.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:49:15 pm by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 12:38:10 am »
I'm going to skip all the old Nintendo game consoles, such as the game boys, game cube, and all of those. What got me started with pc gaming was Club Penguin in about 2005 or 2006. After a while of playing that game, my brother got me into Runescape. This went on for 2 or 3 ish years then I discovered minecraft from a guy that made runescape videos on youtube. I would play that game on my mom's computer and she didn't like it so I asked for a laptop for christmas and got it. Then I got steam and got different games on steam such as super meat boy and tf2. My laptop could never handle any games and I put up with it for 2 years, then I asked for a powerful PC for christmas (I got to assemble it, it was fun). 4 months later I have 400GB of games on my computer.
(click to show/hide)

Dang, that sucks. I feel bad for you...

That's a lot of money.
(I would know, I've spent $200 in the past 2 months)
And I only get games on sale. Most I've spent is like $19.99 on a single game (And even that one came with a free one). So I have no new releases and still spent that much.
Idk, I like rambling about myself.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 01:33:53 am »
(click to show/hide)
Is Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 good? I had the first one and I want to get my stepdad a present and he enjoyed the first one.
IG - @oem_moses

Swansil

• Swan Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:33 am »
I Started On My DS Lite Playing Pokemon Pearl And I was like "WOW THIS IS AWESOME" i got obsessed with it and go a wii then my mom got me a PS3 and it got stollen my reaction 'Wha? Wha? wheres my ps3 mom? "i dont know?" we better find it fucking soon i wanna play GTA 4 :-[ >:(" then i got a laptop and my friends got MC and and im like wow Nerds now im obsessed! Lol :P

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 04:00:41 am »
(click to show/hide)
Is Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 good? I had the first one and I want to get my stepdad a present and he enjoyed the first one.
Oh yeah, I love it so far.

---><--- Click the monkey

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 08:56:56 am »
Let's just say I started my "Gaming career" with the original Carmageddon and Might and Magic VII
:P
The game i most enjoyed in my entire life would be Gothic II and probably Minecraft close after that.

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

square_skull

• Heeeeere's Skully!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:34 pm »
i started gaming when my parents got my family a playstation, this was when
i was around 6-8 years old, i can't put my finger on the date but it was a
definite christmas present. We only had singstar, so it wasnt really gaming.

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 08:16:14 pm »
*THIS IS NOT A NECRO*
I started gaming when I was 2. I started Playing AoE (Age of Empires) with my dad. When I was 3 I could play it properly. And then it just shot up from their. Before 2005 I had played AoE 2, Morrowind and the original Battlefield. Then after that year I played Oblivion and then AoE 3. Then I got a Nintendo Wii. Played a lot of Mario Kart and Wii Sports. That's how it went for 3 years. Then I got AoM (Age of Mythology) and started playing it a lot. Then in 2010 I heard about a game called Minecraft. Played Classic and got bored (No offense to classic players). Then just went on as normal. In 2011 I got a tonne of games though. Minecraft, Skyrim, and that's all I remember. Played Minecraft for a 2 weeks. Didn't know what to do. Ragequit. Play Skyrim for 3 months. Get an Xbox 360. Play Halo. Go back into Minecraft. Get how to play it after watching paulsoaresjr. Play a month of SSP. Find Opticraft. Play it for a few months. Get friends on (hydrofrog, square_skull). Then get off the server and play a ton of Halo: Reach. Get CoD. Play Black Ops for a while. Go back onto opti. Play it as well as BO. Get rest of CoDs. Still play Opti. Get BO2. Play that a tonne. Goes onto today. That's the shortened edition of what my gaming life was and is.  :) :D
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 12:41:05 am »
Let's just say I started my "Gaming career" with the original Carmageddon and Might and Magic VII
:P
The game i most enjoyed in my entire life would be Gothic II and probably Minecraft close after that.

You started playing with fucking Carmageddon?! Holy crap where do you even live? It's banned in so many countries isn't it? How old we're you?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 03:05:55 am »
*THIS IS NOT A NECRO*
I started gaming when I was 2. I started Playing AoE (Age of Empires) with my dad. When I was 3 I could play it properly. And then it just shot up from their. Before 2005 I had played AoE 2, Morrowind and the original Battlefield. Then after that year I played Oblivion and then AoE 3. Then I got a Nintendo Wii. Played a lot of Mario Kart and Wii Sports. That's how it went for 3 years. Then I got AoM (Age of Mythology) and started playing it a lot. Then in 2010 I heard about a game called Minecraft. Played Classic and got bored (No offense to classic players). Then just went on as normal. In 2011 I got a tonne of games though. Minecraft, Skyrim, and that's all I remember. Played Minecraft for a 2 weeks. Didn't know what to do. Ragequit. Play Skyrim for 3 months. Get an Xbox 360. Play Halo. Go back into Minecraft. Get how to play it after watching paulsoaresjr. Play a month of SSP. Find Opticraft. Play it for a few months. Get friends on (hydrofrog, square_skull). Then get off the server and play a ton of Halo: Reach. Get CoD. Play Black Ops for a while. Go back onto opti. Play it as well as BO. Get rest of CoDs. Still play Opti. Get BO2. Play that a tonne. Goes onto today. That's the shortened edition of what my gaming life was and is.  :) :D
Oblivion FTW

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 10:46:15 am »
My first ever console was a gameboy, and I was hooked onto forgotton gems such as Spongebob. It may seem stupid but playing it now, it had some classic puzzles. Some Christmas' later the PS2 fell into my hands and I went mental, games such as Spiderman: Friend or Foe.

Now I am a hardcore 360 fan all the way, and I have games from the likes of Red Dead Redemption to unused gems such as Pure. :D

Great post by the way Moses, filled me back with tearful flashbacks
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

Freekkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 06:01:39 pm »
At first I played simcity, then bitefight, then tribalwars. I found minecraft uninteresting untill I saw this.

That summer I bought it and was upset because it was nothing creative like it was featured in the video, just stupid confusing survival. Later on I enjoyed it more and more and I am now addicted :P

gameguy96

• the croperator
  • crafter.. operator... crazy person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »
my first controller was... yes dont be amazed, a original x-box when i was 6. thing still works. my first game was rayman 3 man did i waste hours on that, i soon found myself buying more and more games, and after that.... i got my precious little ps2, lovely console. also still in use. with about 40 games now, x-box is around... 20-25 i guess. too lazy to count them all.
well after that i bought a ds for the sole reason i wanted to play pokemon, i have allways loved pokemon and followed it until season 3 i think. well after that i had a ps3, and well though it was fun at first. i prefer the older consoles.

though entirely unrelated to console, there's my glory piece.....
the computer.
my first ever game, was a cracked version of age of empires II i was also around 6. but damn that disc stopped working for overplay. not even kidding, same with rollercoaster tycoon. this is by far the console i spent most time on, with my all time favorite game rise of nations. i rly. rly love that game. and well allso the sadly outdated pokemon trading card game(yeah i was a pokémaniac, still know all the 151 originals. the amount of discs i have right now is.. ermmm 40 also i believe, no clue. and of course you still have to add the downloaded and hacked games.

i do consider myself a gamer and i enjoy strategy games, simulations, sometimes the standard beat 'em up fighter game, mmo, rpg, puzzle, platformer etc. etc. the genre i like the least is definately shooters, top 2 is sports and a close third for racing games. ofc there are good games in these genre's but its rare to see me play cod, fifa or the first best midtown madness or some shit.

i still am planning to buy the 360 when the 720 comes out, because welll... a 11 yo console isnt the newest anymore(sorry buddy you still serve me perfect without over heating, and you stopped smoking)

this is a short summary of my gaming history, because... well lets just say i didnt rly play less games...
the proof for that is that i did not even mention minecraft in my time summary... because i played other games way more

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 02:53:41 am »
(click to show/hide)
Oh yeah, I love it so far.
The game in which Nazi's are Hive Minds that know exactly where you are the second someone spots you
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server