May 10, 2024, 12:31:41 am

Author Topic: How did you start gaming?  (Read 16234 times)

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
Re: How did you start gaming?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 04:06:53 am »
Very first game I ever got my hands on was Final Fantasy 3, my brother let me play his super Nintendo one day and honestly, I was immediately hooked to the game. The music captivated me and the beginning of the story fascinated me, not only did I become a gamer, but I constantly imagined myself in their place. Exploring the world, adventuring, experiencing both the good and bad times that they endured. Just becoming better people; I fell in love with the game during the opera with Celes, cried as she attempted to suicide; could not believe Kefka actually succeeded in destroying the world. Learning about hope, never giving up and strive to build a new tomorrow.

My own words... "Hope will never die, as long as we can continue to breath and dream of a better tomorrow."

---

After that, I was hooked to RPG's, I played everything that had amazing stories or giant robots (Earth Siege 2 ftw) Just the imagination that humanity has, it still amazes me and that feeling will most likely never cease.

Minecraft... gives me a chance to create my own story, my own universe. I build my ideas or communicate them with those I have begun to trust. It's fun and I'm glad to share moments with all of you.

course messing with your heads has always been fun ^.^
so... deep
(click to show/hide)
OMFG you play AOS?! i assume it's the one on steam tho... :( DIE FRICKING JAGEX!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:08:58 am by PokeyzRule »
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 09:20:26 pm »
OMFG you play AOS?! i assume it's the one on steam tho... :( DIE FRICKING JAGEX!
I regret buying it. It was 75% off on steam though, so I can't complain.

---><--- Click the monkey

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:36 pm »
lol Did you play the "classic" version of AOS?
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 11:00:49 pm »
My first few games were Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, GTA(Don't ask, my parents thought it was appropiate at age 6) and Call of Duty 2. Awesome times back then.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 01:24:59 pm »
My first few games were Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, GTA(Don't ask, my parents thought it was appropiate at age 6) and Call of Duty 2. Awesome times back then.

Super Mario Sunshine's awesome!
IG - @oem_moses

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 05:06:27 pm »

Super Mario Sunshine's awesome!
YES, but hard lol.  Plus the ending was stupid

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 05:04:53 pm »
all in order

i got a gameboy and the Polar Express gameboy game with it
my mom and dad get a Wii for me and my sister
I get a computer
christmas Morning, I got a DSi with 5 free preinstalled games
My dad gets an Xbox and Black Ops
I go to WV and see my older cousin playing his computer. I saw him playing classic. He told me that was Minecraft. So I made this noobie username, then I play that random server he was on, and I built a tower, and then i jumped off of it thinking I was cool.
A few days before my birthday, I decided I wanted a skin. I asked my mom for a full Minecraft game for my birthday.
I was noob and didn't know what minecraft was supposed to be. I was struggling in a desert, then I found a village. I wanted to die so hard. Then, i watched a video on how to survive your first night in Minecraft. then, I wasn't such a noob then. Then, I wanted to play with others. So, I found Opticraft. I played that, and now to present day. *Schools out whoo*

✪haq1✪

• Shake that booty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »
My first game was on a DS when i played Super mario bros. Next i got another DS game that was called R4 which had atleast 75 games in it. Before i started playing PS3 i watched Super Mario on TV on the channel POP when i was 8. Then on Eid (muslim festival after fasting) my Mum and Dad bought me a PS3 with 2 controllers for me and my brother. the 2 games we had were Little Big Planet 2 and Grand Turismo. Soon after that, my cousin gave us his old Portal 2 game which he restarted for us. We already completed the game in a week! XD  After like 6 months we got bored so my mum bought us Black Ops 2 (because my brother did really good in his school play). Before I even had my DS was when i played Minecraft on my cousins account. He showed me everything including how to deal with creepers. That time i played on peaceful cause i had just started and i was 7 1/2. Soon after playing on peaceful for 1 month, I went up to hard mode like a baws. Then i got really lonely on SP so i connected to my first server where at the spawn is Pvp and there was nothing for miles. THEN I found Opitcraft. For the first 3 weeks i rented a little shack above a mountain and was saving up my diamonds to sell them for money. It was taking too long to i just donated. XD Then i bought a better house and my life was just great.
Now im planning on becoming a popular Youtube. I just wanna game for my entire life and get the Youtube popularity rank of, lets say AntVenom. ;)

Angelsrage21

• Im nice, I promise :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 04:43:11 pm »
The first game I ever had was a gameboy, pokemon firered ( I loved watching the show). Then after i was addicted to the watch and play stuff. THE XBOX CAME OUT! so my parents got me one for my birthday, and what do you know, in 2004, The punisher game came out. Thus bringing me into the violent era. I soon moved on to getting a 360, and I remember the first game I ever got for it was guitar hero 3 legends of rock, I played all day and still, I sucked at it. Then, I got call of duty modern warfare 2, and it all went downhill from there....lol jk. And now, here i am years later playing Dead Island, Farcry3, Minecraft, Prototype 2, Gears of War, and many others. Thats my story.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »
I started gaming when my aunt gave me an Atari console with a bunch of games. I was about 5-6 maybe, so I didn't mind TOO much that (by then) outdated console. Then an uncle of mine gave me a NES and those old bulky Gameboys (first gen)
with a bunch of games. That's where I started my gaming.
Soon after I got a Gameboy Pocket, then a PS1, and the list goes on :P

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2013, 12:18:00 pm »
My friends talk about MC in school all the time, and when one of them found out I barely knew what minecraft was, I was at his house the next day playing with him. I convinced my mom to get me the game, and I played sp for a few days and lost interest. A few months later, in early december 2012, one of my friends from school (360OLLIE) comes up and asks me if I have minecraft. He gives me a server ip (smp.opticraft.net) and I log in. I've been on the server ever since.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 11:56:41 pm »
When my brother showed me MC in 2008!
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 04:57:04 pm »
i got 2 words to say how i got started - my brothers.

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2013, 07:47:51 am »
This is a new version of my old post:

200: Born.

2004:  Got Gameboy Advance with my brothers, a grey one, with some game called Crash or something and Toy Story etc.

2005:  I was still happily using my Gameboy with more games, Pokemon Sapphire was my fondest.

2006: On Christmas day my oldest bro got a GameCube with Mario Party and Mario Cart.  All 4 of us used to play it.

2007: I got my white DS Lite. I remember my oldest bro was setting up everybody DS's before we got them and when we were in the pool he said "Whats your favorite color?" (He was setting up the color setting on it for my profile because I didn't know how). I used my old games as well as new ones.  I wasn't that fond of gaming yet.

2008: This was when I got my first console, the Wii, disks don't work on it anymore but we bought some games with Nintendo points so we still have it.  We have a black one as well that works.

2009: *Flying over to England* With my new blue DSi XL

2010:  I started to play RuneScape on my family computer when I arrived at England, and Roblox, I got totally obsessed with it.

2011:  One of the first friends who I met in the UK told me about "Minecraft", I thought it was just constant mining on Runescape and returning your ores with points and that was it, but no, I was wrong.  Later he lent me an account, and then a month later I got my own.

2012: I got my iPod touch and my bro got the PS3, I still use them both

2013: With my own money I bought my own iPad 4 With Retina Display.

Gaming has taken me so far.

Thank you for reading so much

-WoodenSlime
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »
200: Born.

Several millenia old... That's a whole lot creepier than a 40 year old man sitting at a computer and talking to me.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*