April 25, 2024, 11:10:29 pm

Author Topic: Opticraft Build Competition  (Read 82846 times)

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
Re: Opticraft Build Competition
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2013, 03:49:40 am »
It's a contest....
The competition isn't the reason I backed out.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2013, 03:51:34 am »
Oh. Sorry, for assuming then.  :-\

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2013, 04:54:50 am »
After seeing tiggy's? lol.
The build is off to a dramatic start with, well, umm...
Tiggy spawning in impossibru items like locked chests, locked repeaters, half beds/doors, and tripwire blocks.

i didn't even use any of those.... i was being bored....  and locked repeaters aren't impossibru..... they're completely possibru.....  :P
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:33 am »
Tiggy spawning in impossibru items like locked chests, locked repeaters, half beds/doors, and tripwire blocks.

i didn't even use any of those.... i was being bored....  and locked repeaters aren't impossibru..... they're completely possibru.....  :P
it- it looks like a comperator!!!

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2013, 01:52:59 am »

it- it looks like a comperator!!!
It is a new feature as of 1.4, nothing exciting. I was using locked repeaters to demonstrate something to tigster :P

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2013, 12:47:59 am »
My 1 question for tiggy. How did you get wood with no cut like its a log? Its unfair.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2013, 01:09:03 am »
My 1 question for tiggy. How did you get wood with no cut like its a log? Its unfair.

Nicks looking into it, no need to post about it...

Also! Are we allowed to post pics of progress? or are we saving that for the end?

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2013, 01:12:36 am »
I have a slight problem. My plot is sitting on top of a lake :-\ It is interfering with my plan. Can i get that fixed?
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2013, 01:17:37 am »
I have a slight problem. My plot is sitting on top of a lake :-\ It is interfering with my plan. Can i get that fixed?
new plot?

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2013, 01:39:42 am »

mojang made so woods blocks have a id # for each rotation of wood one of the rotations just happens to b all bark. i think its tree:11-14.

and the competition isn't supposed to be about who knows the coolest block it's about building an awesome sculpture
it's not really unfair that i like building and i look this stuff up...... maybe you should do some research to and see whats available.

i suppose if it's that big of an issue i can go back and change every single one to the ugly version that doesn't really work for a large tree.......

but if it's against the rules to have built things before and discovered tricks i might as well just quit now....

*edit* come to think of it ima just drop out, i just wanted an excuse to build something. this way i can just build my thing for fun however i please good luck everyone else.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:47:17 am by tiggy26668 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2013, 01:52:21 am »

mojang made so woods blocks have a id # for each rotation of wood one of the rotations just happens to b all bark. i think its tree:11-14.

and the competition isn't supposed to be about who knows the coolest block it's about building an awesome sculpture
it's not really unfair that i like building and i look this stuff up...... maybe you should do some research to and see whats available.

i suppose if it's that big of an issue i can go back and change every single one to the ugly version that doesn't really work for a large tree.......

but if it's against the rules to have built things before and discovered tricks i might as well just quit now....

*edit* come to think of it ima just drop out, i just wanted an excuse to build something. this way i can just build my thing for fun however i please good luck everyone else.
I would have made you change it anyway. I thought we came to an understanding when you asked if you could use unobtainable blocks and I said no. It is not about tricks, people who are not OP on the build server cant use those blocks. If you want to drop out because you are mad about something like this then fine, but dont make it out to be something it is not. I am not going to let you continue building that if you are not in the competition. 
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2013, 02:13:47 am »
(click to show/hide)
I would have made you change it anyway. I thought we came to an understanding when you asked if you could use unobtainable blocks and I said no. It is not about tricks, people who are not OP on the build server cant use those blocks. If you want to drop out because you are mad about something like this then fine, but dont make it out to be something it is not. I am not going to let you continue building that if you are not in the competition.  
i'm not mad about it, i'm disappointed. i just wanted to build something awesome i could care less about the competition it was just a convenient excuse to start. So if i can't build something in the comp, and i can't outside the comp i see no point in trying anymore, so yes i'm quitting not out of anger, but out of sorrow and disappointment that what i thought would be an awesome competition about building has gone to shambles, if you feel the need to delete my plot i understand i could care less at this point. Good luck crzy you'll probably win.

*edit* since we're on the topic how is it fair that terre and claw got world edited holes that give them an extra 64 blocks of building space against everyone else?

at least i actually built my tree by hand.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:27:19 am by tiggy26668 »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:53 am »
(click to show/hide)
i'm not mad about it, i'm disappointed. i just wanted to build something awesome i could care less about the competition it was just a convenient excuse to start. So if i can't build something in the comp, and i can't outside the comp i see no point in trying anymore, so yes i'm quitting not out of anger, but out of sorrow and disappointment that what i thought would be an awesome competition about building has gone to shambles, if you feel the need to delete my plot i understand i could care less at this point. Good luck crzy you'll probably win.

*edit* since we're on the topic how is it fair that terre and claw got world edited holes that give them an extra 64 blocks of building space against everyone else?

at least i actually built my tree by hand.
I had to WE out the ground for claw because terr already did so and it would be unfair. As for you, i had already told you that you could not use those blocks yet you did anyway. If you had used them and I didnt tell you that you couldn't, you would have gotten he same treatment terr did.

I also love how you say the comp is going to shambles because I wont let you have an unfair advantage, grow up man. I'm trying to keep a level playing field but i guess that is just not good enough for you. I guess some people just are never happy with anything I try to do to bring some sort of excitement to this server.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:42:18 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2013, 11:08:48 am »
Nick? That last sentence? That's generalizing. You say nobody is ever happy with what you bring to the server. False. Just being you is enough for me. You are part of the excitment. And this build comp? I love it. As does basically everyone else.  You should know by now it is impossible to please everyone.

And Tiggy? You built that entire thing in like 2-3 days. Now you clearly know that block is illegal. Guess what? We can give you one of the empty plots from people droopping out. You still have almost 2 weeks left. Get crackin and get over the fact that you cannot use blocks not in creative.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2013, 11:14:35 am »
Nick? That last sentence? That's generalizing. You say nobody is ever happy with what you bring to the server. False. Just being you is enough for me. You are part of the excitment. And this build comp? I love it. As does basically everyone else.  You should know by now it is impossible to please everyone.

And Tiggy? You built that entire thing in like 2-3 days. Now you clearly know that block is illegal. Guess what? We can give you one of the empty plots from people droopping out. You still have almost 2 weeks left. Get crackin and get over the fact that you cannot use blocks not in creative.
I don't think he meant everyone. He meant the ones that aren't happy with what they are getting, despite it being a good opportunity to compete against each other. Some take it for granted and when something they do that provides an unfair advantage get's stopped - Hissy fits all round.