April 26, 2024, 03:51:39 am

Author Topic: Single Player worlds  (Read 8771 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Re: Single Player worlds
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:24 pm »
I think you don't have enough RAM going into Minecraft, try putting in at least 1 GB if you haven't already.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 12:25:26 am »
The problem is I don't know how. I use my school's macbook so terminal and consol are blocked. If you guys got any suggestions on how to increase ram without these to programs it would be greatly appreciated.

Mod: Ok after talking to someone on mineraftforums we ended up concluding my only way is to use magic launcher. I clicked the test button and it worked but I still can't connect to minecraft.net so I'll get on the server later.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:47:43 am by Morrison1996 »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 02:20:13 am »
Getting a new computer might not be necessary if it's just your computer's memory being clogged up or hogged by junk programs and files.

(click to show/hide)

You WILL need to provide an Administrator Password to make the changes outlined above if you're not logged on an Administrator's Account on the computer/ system. Anybody can follow these steps if they are experiencing similar issues as well-- you just need to know what you're doing before you make these kinds of changes-- that's why I recommend reading other 'RELIABLE' sources online.

This is why keeping your computer properly maintained is key to having it run more efficiently.

[Edit] I just now realized that you have a Macbook AND it is school property, so my suggestion is pretty much worthless to you, but for anyone else that reads this, they can follow this.

If you do end up getting your new computer, I would suggest following these steps to keeping it well maintained. Again, use reliable sources for other tips as well.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:25:55 am by Xeadin »

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 03:37:31 am »
Not to mention magic launcher fixed it. Lol since it is fixed now I thank you guys for the free tech support. Topic solved and locked

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 04:24:57 am »
Increasing the page file size helped me alot with lag
-Thanks xeadin :p
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com