April 20, 2024, 04:40:03 am

Author Topic: Virtual Market  (Read 7883 times)

abajona

• View Profile
Virtual Market
« on: November 16, 2012, 07:32:25 pm »
Hey guys, I am new to this server.
I've checked this server, and it look pretty nice so far.
*Forgive me for my language in advance.
Although, I just cannot ignore the fact that the economy system here's pretty much screwed.
Ok, the market has alot of idiotic prices and items that are sale-able and items that are not sale-able. I seriously think that it needs whole new configuration.
However, it won't be such a big problem if you will use my suggestion (keep reading see my suggestion).
The most thing that bother me, is that there is no Virtual Market.
The trading "system"(not exactly a system thou) is totaly lame.
There should be a proper Virtual Market - I am certain that it will improve the server significant!
Link for the plugin:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/virtualshop/
I am not sure if this is a proper plugin, but just read to understand what I mean.

I really hope that you will make it happen, because at the moment - Money system is just...

------------------------

Well since you are already reading, why not fixing/changing the monsters generate? There is like one monster generating per hour or so. I believe that everyone on the server will agree with me. It's really frustrating to search for monsters that long (Spawners are fine, I am not talking about that!)

Thank you for reading,
Itay.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Market
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:17 pm »
The prices in the market are high because it is a luxury. We are still a survival server so if you want to buy blocks expect to pay a pretty high price in the market.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:41 pm »
A Virtual Market is a pretty good idea.
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:46:43 pm »
The prices in the market are high because it is a luxury. We are still a survival server so if you want to buy blocks expect to pay a pretty high price in the market.

Except that diamond prices have been known to dip below iron ingots, because there are so many of them.

abajona

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 07:50:10 pm »
1 Iron ingot = 50$ (sale)
1 Piston (made from: 1 iron ingot, 1 redstone, 3 wood, 2 cobblestone) = 50$ (sale).
where is the logic?
anyhow, I don't care too much about the market, if there will be a virtual market aswell.

A Virtual Market is a pretty good idea.
It's an awesome idea :)

[/quote]
Except that diamond prices have been known to dip below iron ingots, because there are so many of them.
[/quote]
You can find too many screwed things in the market.. :P

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:56:49 pm »
[Except that diamond prices have been known to dip below iron ingots, because there are so many of them.
You can find too many screwed things in the market.. :P
[/quote]

My personal favorite (Which Nyssa showed me):
Logs: $250 a stack
Wood: $250 a stack
You basically pay 300% more for planks. Wut?

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »
That was fixed claw :P And how would a virtual market solve anything? its just the physical market but in command form..

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 08:01:32 pm »
You seem to not understand what I was trying to say. We are a survival server, were are not an economy run server (well not directly) so the fact that there is a market at all for you to buy stuff from was a bit of a stretch for us.

abajona

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 08:08:30 pm »
You seem to not understand what I was trying to say. We are a survival server, were are not an economy run server (well not directly) so the fact that there is a market at all for you to buy stuff from was a bit of a stretch for us.

I understand that. But you know, players are still buying/selling/trading from each other anyway. So why not just make it easier and more orgenized?
I will give you an example.
I(abajona) wanna buy 5 bread for 3$ each. Now let's asume that clawstrider is selling 5(or more) bread, for 3$(or less) each.
All I've to do is /buy 5(amout of item) bread (item name) 3 (maximum dollars that I am willing to spent on each).
Since clawstrider is offering at the moment what I want, it will auto buy it from him.

*What I have to do now? Shout at least 5 times in global chat if some is selling bread at all, and for the exact money I am willing to spent. After that, we need to meet somewhere, I need to give him the money and trust him that somehow after he will give me the item I bought.

Why do all of that if there's an easier way?
Hope you get it now.

oh and btw, it can't be a survival server when there are more admins online then monsters alive (if you know what I mean) :P
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:10:53 pm by abajona »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:16 pm »
Because we are a survival server, like Nick said, the economy isn't our main thing.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »
oh and btw, it can't be a survival server when there are more admins online then monsters alive (if you know what I mean) :P
If you want to be taken seriously, drop the smart ass attitude. It wont get you anywhere on here.

abajona

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 08:27:19 pm »
Because we are a survival server, like Nick said, the economy isn't our main thing.
Survival? Do you seriously think that it's hard to survive in a server with 0.01% monsters?
Anyhow, maybe your goal is just survival server. However, you cannot deny that fact that players are still Buying/Selling and Trading items. It is happening now, and it will continue. Why? Probably because players like it.
Now, since it's already happening, why not help the players by making it easier for them to do it?
Why not try it? The worst thing that can happen, is that players will not like it (I've already talked to 10 or so players, and they actually really liked the idea).

If you want to be taken seriously, drop the smart ass attitude. It wont get you anywhere on here.
I was just joking, apologize. To be honest, there are almost zero monsters on the server(however this is not the point of my current thread).
Please read what I just wrote to "crzy4uall".

Waiting for your response.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:44:02 pm by abajona »

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »
I know a server like that, it was okay, but
With something thousand people on the server it's like infinite items for sale.
Also where pretty far from survival anyway, with teleporting, buying items, and stuff like that, you should be grateful, and this, is server, from all the servers I've been on is the best mix of survival and mods.
About posts, how do you even post a post?

crazyduude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »
The market prices are high so players can sell items at a cheaper price so other players want to buy players stuff cause it's cheaper than the market.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »
well he does raise one good point.

smp server or not, we do have an economy and currently selling/buying items between players can be a little sketchy and lacks any way to monitor transactions. if you get robbed you're kinda shit outa luck. And the prices (being too high or too low aside) aren't really well thought out it's more like items just got a number slapped on them. kinda like they mentioned with the logs.
we are smp, the prices should be high yes but for example, you charge $200 for an iron ingot and $900 ($100/ingot) for an iron block. as a math major it makes me wanna shank someone.....

the rest is hogwash, don't really need more/less items (aside from maybe a nether star?) or lower prices or some crazy system for buying and selling on a virtual market.

what would be awesome is if the prices were proportional to what the item is.

and if we had a nice little command for selling to each other, something like /sell <item> <amount> <player>, checks to see if u have the items, pops up a little check mark and X for the person u wanna sell to, checks if they have the money, and makes the swap. or something along those lines.... would b cool  8)
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.