April 19, 2024, 12:49:58 am

Author Topic: Writing A book IRL as well  (Read 1171 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Writing A book IRL as well
« on: November 10, 2012, 05:52:54 am »
Nope, not trolling at all. I just saw the other thread and it instantly reminded me of my book that is in progress. By in progress I mean I'm only half way into writing the second chapter. Here is the premise behind it:

I decided to call my book "Linear". I might change the name later, but for now I will keep it this way.

What would you do if you could relive your life? What would you do if you had to start your life over from birth? What if you kept all of the knowledge and memories from your previous life? Then what would you do? High school senior Maron was one of the top engineers in Wesley High School, and could easily outsmart a college programming professor. He had found his soul mate, Shannon, whom he had met during his Freshman year, and some of the best friends a person could know. Unfortunately, that all changed when a terrorist group began targeting schools.
     Michael, three years old, began remembering strange things. He had a dream of growing up, and getting killed at his school. He began remembering every lesson in school, every memory from the dream, the friends he had in the dream, parents. He began treating his own parents as if they were foreign to him, and nobody knew what was wrong, or how he managed to eventually skip enough grades to graduate highschool at the age of 13. The biggest concern was his desire to hunt down one person whom he had figured out the name of.
     "Linear" may just be one of the most unique stories out there. It is designed to show how people can change each other, how the minorities are just like anyone else, and the emotion involved with having to relive your life while remembering all of the friends who moved on while you had to stay behind. It is a book with a lot of humor, while having some of the most tear-jerking moments, a little romance,and a lot of action stitched in. The kind of book nobody has ever read before!

Comment about what you guys think! Heck, as I write the book I might even start posting the chapters to the book, but at the same time I might be a little worried about people taking the text and attempting to copy it as their own so idk. Hopefully I'm not risking the idea either.

Best griefer name ^

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Writing A book IRL as well
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:54 am »
dis sounds good. pretty good. YOU just reminded ME i need to post what my book is about.
it seems like we could help eachother out. dreamteam?

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: Writing A book IRL as well
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 11:21:55 pm »
Possibly. The only thing I have trouble with is coming up with names.

Yeah, we could possibly help each other out!

Best griefer name ^