March 28, 2024, 06:34:34 pm

Author Topic: Classic Hunger Games Arena  (Read 9703 times)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Classic Hunger Games Arena
« on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:27 am »
I started making a Hunger Games arena in Classic. I don't know what the rules will be as to how it's played, but if you have suggestions, please post them.

Screenshots:

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Hunger Games Arena
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »
I honestly have no idea how this would work. It would only work on servers who have /gun or something.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 03:42:15 pm »
I was thinking maybe it would be spleef-like, but I don't want to have to rebuild the terrain after every single use. Maybe an op could reverse every player's actions since they started playing? If not, maybe it could be done by tagging, but then that poses problems for when 2 people run at each other. Boxing other players won't work either. I suppose the spleef idea is the best, but I don't know if any ops would be willing to do that. Suggestions?

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33:50 pm »
When you ask ops to reverse the players actions after their done, it would cause some more mayhem because anti-grief would leave random blocks here and there. I do not know how this could possibly work as well however best of luck in this arena Wyboth.

You make choices in life and you don't look back

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »
It might have to be scenic if nobody can come up with any ideas.

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 02:51:59 am »
I honestly have no idea how this would work. It would only work on servers who have /gun or something.

Me neither

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 07:21:46 am »
It's kinda stupid but maybe if two people see eachother at the same time, the person who saw the other person first chases after the other person and the other person has to run. If it is a DEAD ON tie, then you both ignore and walk away or camp for a diff person.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 02:38:41 am »
Mgfrake, that might work. I'll have to try it out whenever I get a chance after the arena's finished. If that doesn't work, and if nobody can come up with another idea, it will have to be scenic.

As for the interior design, it's going to be modeled based on the region of Sinnoh (a region from the Pokemon games). Basically, there will be an ocean surrounding the edges of the glass dome. It will be snowy in the North, an effect I will simulate with white wool. It will have three small lakes, one in the Southeast, one in the Southwest, and one in the far North. Although Sinnoh has an entire mountain range splitting it down the middle, this map will have a singular, towering mountain at the center. Most of the remaining land will be forested. I'm debating whether or not to include the Battle Island, the large island in the Northeast. There may not be enough space for it, but I would really like to include it if there is enough room.

Here is a map of Sinnoh.

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 02:44:16 am »
Mgfrake, that might work. I'll have to try it out whenever I get a chance after the arena's finished. If that doesn't work, and if nobody can come up with another idea, it will have to be scenic.

As for the interior design, it's going to be modeled based on the region of Sinnoh (a region from the Pokemon games). Basically, there will be an ocean surrounding the edges of the glass dome. It will be snowy in the North, an effect I will simulate with white wool. It will have three small lakes, one in the Southeast, one in the Southwest, and one in the far North. Although Sinnoh has an entire mountain range splitting it down the middle, this map will have a singular, towering mountain at the center. Most of the remaining land will be forested. I'm debating whether or not to include the Battle Island, the large island in the Northeast. There may not be enough space for it, but I would really like to include it if there is enough room.

Here is a map of Sinnoh.

Wow :o that is a heck of a plan you have there.

Offtopic: I used to love playing those pokemon games :) I think I have the game that takes place in the sinnoh
You make choices in life and you don't look back

Kodak28

• ~carpe noctem~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:53 am »
If you guys could figure that out and get it to work that would be awesome, but I still don't know exactly how you could make it different from spleef and still have it work.  With mg's seeing strategy I feel like a lot of arguments would be made about who saw who first sometimes.  Scenic would still be cool, but actually using it for something would make it 1000x more awesome. :D

(click to show/hide)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 03:23:08 pm »
If you guys could figure that out and get it to work that would be awesome, but I still don't know exactly how you could make it different from spleef and still have it work.  With mg's seeing strategy I feel like a lot of arguments would be made about who saw who first sometimes.  Scenic would still be cool, but actually using it for something would make it 1000x more awesome. :D
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully, we'll come up with an idea.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 02:23:27 am »
Maybe you just cant leave the arena for 24 hours, and if you get boxed, you're out?

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 10:05:56 am »
Maybe you just cant leave the arena for 24 hours, and if you get boxed, you're out?
Idk. I doubt I'd want to be online for 24 hours.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 02:57:45 pm »
Thats the point.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 12:54:45 am »
Well, I guess that could work. I'll consider it. When I'm done, I'll test all of the games suggested.