April 29, 2024, 04:18:32 am

Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 18218 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: 9/11
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 06:32:49 pm »
I think honoring the massive loss of life from this event is entirely justified. Everyone can have their own opinions but we don't need this to go into some conspiracy talk, thats just plain rude. Locking this unless anyone objects.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 07:00:59 pm »
There is absolutely NO reason to lock this. Not one person has said anything about conspiracy or anything that is rude.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »
Like nick said: I am too young to remember, but a little of it. I remember i was sitting in a preschool, and it had been a boring day. At about 9:30ish my time, a plane hit and all the teachers were going crazy. I respect everyone who dies. Thats just the way I was born. If my worst enemy died today, I would feel sorrow for not only him, but his family.

This cowerly act of terrorism should not be forgotten. Even tho it happoned, america is still strong. We have been through a lot, but out of the ashes, we found hope. Yes, we did kill the one responcible for this, but this attack made us stronger.
You can call me christian if you want, but the doller bill says in god we trust. He will never fail us.

My school had a 9/11 presntation at school yesterday, and I was the main speaker. No one else would take it, and that made me mad. We need to remember what we lost, but also remember what we have gained from it.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 07:44:23 pm »
and how its being used to manipulate the american public through fear for political gain, and to restrict our rights and freedoms.

Thats what I was talking about, and I only locked it because there is no reason to be disrespectful about it. This topic will most likely turn into a flame war over nothing, and I think there is no reason for it.

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 07:56:57 pm »
To 2crzy4uall: I went ahead and removed my original post as to not offend anyone.
@500 I didnt make a topic like this yesterday because I knew someone like you would bring that shit up. It is about remembering the victims, not going on some anti governemnt rant.
Everyone in the world who has been negatively affected and those who are still being affected today, by 911 IS a victim. I'm just trying to say the rest of us on earth who are alive and remain should learn from events of our past.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:23:51 pm by 5OO »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 08:19:43 pm »
Personally I kinda wish instead of building a monument where the towers were, the original buildings would have been constructed, but with some sort of security to prevent planes from destroying them. The reason being that by building a monument instead of simply rebuilding the original towers, America is allowing the terrorists to win. If we rebuild the towers, that shows that if a terrorist does something, we will recover. The monument just shows that we are horrifically torn apart emotionally, and that is what those terrorists wanted when they crashed the planes into the towers. It's sad really.

Best griefer name ^

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »
Tyler, you shouldn't say that.  A lot of people lost loved ones that day and they can't move on.  I think saying "time to move on" was rude.  I know you are not American but that can really hurt someone's feelings.  As they say... "We will never forget"  I agree with that quote.

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:03 pm »
My Mom was constantly crying for 2 days straight. I was only one year old when it happened. My sister was Three when it happened. My Aunt and Uncle Live in New York City, and they were away when it happened. On 9/10 Our reading teacher made us write a friendly letter to someone who saves lives, I wrote one to the Navy SEALS And what they did for us. All the Training they have done to Locate, Capture or Kill Osama Bin Laden. And ever since I have heard about 9/11 I always thought about that day when I was thinking about my dad and the Military. And on 9/11/12 We were all about 9/11, Except my Math, Reading, Science teachers. And What is stupid about this day forward People forgot about the Field in Pennsylvania That the Hijackers crashed into. That's the part that makes me mad, and the WTC, And the Pentagon. But, The Pentagon's damage wasn't very severe from Bird's Eye view, yet a LOT of people died. And our Geography teacher told us He was upset about the twin towers being destroyed. Especially when people were jumping out of Windows, people's hair were on fire, all that sadness, and he said He would be even MORE upset if they crashed into the Statue of Liberty. And I'm not trying to make fun of 9/11, but he said if he were a terrorist, he wouldn't blow up the twin towers, he would blow up Disney world. Not the whole thing, But the Ride "It's a Small World." He said the ride got jammed and the little Gnomes were singing CONSTANTLY for 45 minutes and he got tired of it. well, That is all I have to say about 9/11. It's a sad story....  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:04 pm »
Personally I kinda wish instead of building a monument where the towers were, the original buildings would have been constructed, but with some sort of security to prevent planes from destroying them. The reason being that by building a monument instead of simply rebuilding the original towers, America is allowing the terrorists to win. If we rebuild the towers, that shows that if a terrorist does something, we will recover. The monument just shows that we are horrifically torn apart emotionally, and that is what those terrorists wanted when they crashed the planes into the towers. It's sad really.
That's what I am wondering, why not just rebuild the towers?

---><--- Click the monkey

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 09:55:04 pm »
That's what I am wondering, why not just rebuild the towers?

They are rebuilding them, kind of. They're making a new "WTC", which contains 4 towers, only one is complete, as far as I know.

Anyways, I remember 9/11 like it was yesterday, I was in school when it happened and it really was a horrible event in USA, and humanity's history, and should be honored properly, but there's also a lot going on in the world, which is my point. I'm not trying to bash 9/11 or disrespect it in any way, just clearing that up.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 10:14:59 pm »
okay so I'm a day late but... I was only three when the attacks happened I dolt remember much except for a drawing I made of the planes hitting and the firefighters and officials in hazmat suits. That is something I will never forget
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »
3000 people died in pearl habour, it was unexpected and war was not declared yet. Why doesn't the whole country take a moment of silence on December 7, 1941? People will move on. And yes, it was a event that was terrorizing and I respect all other views on it.

Heres the picture of the new Tower under construction:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:38:01 pm by tylerhan2000 »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 01:47:36 am »
When its done it will be 1776 feet tall :P Symbolic and making it the tallest in the US

LordoftheBlock

• All your block are belong to me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 01:53:32 am »
Yea, I was in NYC recently and the towers look great!

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:10 am »
Yea, I was in NYC recently and the towers look great!
As was I. I looked at the city's skyline across the Hudson river. I noticed the tower (i think). Definitely stood out.