April 29, 2024, 11:31:08 am

Author Topic: I'm sorry, but....  (Read 2363 times)

<>LavaEvan<>

• SMP Trusted, Here to help!
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, but....
« on: August 31, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »
Hey Guys, It is with great regret that I inform you about my possible leave on this server. Things just aren't how they used to be on here, and I do not wish to be a part of it. This server is hiring mods who will abuse their banning powers and who are just not fit for the job. I really hope that this gets resolved, and I will consider playing after that. I really feel that this server needs a big facelift, before it goes back to the way it was when i first joined. I really hope that this gets resolved sometime soon. Plus this server has had way too many bans, and I think that the recent ban of xplozziv shows that pretty well, if Optical, Relkeb, or Nick would like to talk about this with me (I'm sure they won't, but if they do) i will be willing to share my opinions on this. I just feel that this server has gone downhill since I've last been on. When I first joined, there was always 150-200+ people on a time, now the server is inching by with only about 60 people on at a time. (Mostly because of the bans). I will let you know what to do with my money, and other stuff, but for now, i will keep it the way it is. I really used to like this server, but ever since the new mods came on, and a lot of other stuff has happened, I do not think I will be playing for a while. Thanks to everyone decent enough to be nice to me at times, Ivy, Radlam, Fulcan, Xeadin, and a few others. But other then that, this is to inform you of my absence in this server. I will still be on the forums reviewing, but i don't think that the server is just fit for me.

Good Buy Guys,
     Evan.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:38:29 pm by evank2911 »

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: I'm sorry, but....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »
the server is inching by with only about 60 people on at a time. (Mostly because of the bans).
7,000,00+ people have bought the game and could possibly make their way onto the server. I don't think the staff nor the bans can be blamed for the drop in players, we're just doing our jobs.
I really used to like this server, but ever since the new mods came on, and a lot of other stuff has happened, I do not think I will be playing for a while.
Speaking about blowing things out of proportion. What hurt do the staff cause you by dealing with other players accordingly? If people are getting banned then that shouldn't affect you at all.

If you're going to give up and leave then that's your choice, but let's not forget who keeps this server safe everyday, the staff.

<>LavaEvan<>

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:50:04 pm »
Deekay, im not talking about you, you are a great operator. It is other people, i am still considering my leave, but for now i think I will...

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 05:15:44 pm »
Im sorry that you think griefers, spammer, and hackers still belong on this server but according to the rest of the community they enjoy playing on a server that does not put up with those kind of people. And like Deekay said its not the staff's fault that we don't have as many players as we once did. We are just doing our job. I will admit that there have been some players banned unfairly but that number is few and even then they can simply post a ban appeal.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:19:53 pm by techdude98 »

<>LavaEvan<>

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »
Im sorry that you think griefers, spammer, and hackers still belong on this server
No, i don't think that they should be banned it is just that some mods don't even give warnings. Most punishments are too long, don't get me wrong, you are a great moderator, you havent done anything. I just think that some mods abuse power.  I loved this server, i just don't think that i am loving it as much as I did.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 05:21:47 pm »
This server is hiring mods who will abuse their banning powers and who are just not fit for the job.

Just cause they hire a mod you feel will abuse their powers doesn't mean they will. Please remember your view of a player may be very different from a other staff members view. As staff we can see which player would make good staff and that's why we choose them.

Plus this server has had way too many bans, and I think that the recent ban of xplozziv shows that pretty well, if Optical, Relkeb, or Nick would like to talk about this with me (I'm sure they won't, but if they do) i will be willing to share my opinions on this.

What to know who has the most bans,

The grief traps because they catch griefers before they get to your house. Look at the bans and see that half of them are normally a trap. You're stating that because we ban greifers we lose players where this is totally wrong. The reason we lose players is because they get bored with the server, that's the reason most people leave. We would lose even more players if you was griefed every day, you would get fed up of coming and having half your house missing.

Also giving an example of one ban to say that there are too many bans just doesn't really justify your reasoning. That was one case, not like any other case; like most cases are unique to that ban. Also there are servers out that which simply rejected every ban appeal so someone like you would have no chance to get back on. Thinking about it Opticraft's banning system is rather generous.

When I first joined, there was always 150-200+ people on a time, now the server is inching by with only about 60 people on at a time. (Mostly because of the bans).

Could that possibly down to the fact Opti updated before most other big servers, meaning Opticraft was one of the of the only playable server so got 200 people, but once everyone's favourite server got updated they went back to theirs?

Also to point out other servers which used to get 500-600 people online now only get 200, this could be due to the previous reason or the fact the summer holidays are now ended so alot of people have school. So its not just Opticraft losing players.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:31:01 pm by arsenic_shark »

<>LavaEvan<>

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 05:51:30 pm »
I understand where you are all coming from, so I will give the server another chance. I guess that i misinterpreted a lot of things, sorry, but this is what i needed, the affirmation from the staff about my questions. Please lock.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 07:38:28 pm »
Putting in my incentive on this topic:

There are reasons why we choose certain people for moderation duties. The staff members take everything into consideration for the application process. General attitude is a major subject that we base our decisions off of, and is subsequently aided by maturity-- not strictly age. Basing our decisions just by age alone would completely screw everything up.

The fact that there are rumors spreading around about "abusive moderators" doesn't really resolve the fact that the application process, itself, is pretty rigorous. Again, multiple factors are taken into consideration and we make the best choices that fit our overall requirements-- fitting the bill, one might say.

Also, the fact that we "ban too many people" doesn't really say anything. Would you prefer us to limit how many people we ban and still have the server torn apart by other troublemakers? That wouldn't make any sense, would it? We have the automatic grief detection in place for a reason.

The falling numbers of players really doesn't have much (if at all, anything) to do with poor moderation or too much banning. If there is a problem with server numbers, there's probably something else that's making that happen. Think about what else may be affecting the player's ability to get into the server. There are more than a million things that can go wrong other than moderation protocol.