April 19, 2024, 07:24:33 pm

Author Topic: Operator Application xNuzzy  (Read 6570 times)

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
Operator Application xNuzzy
« on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:45 pm »
Name: xNuzzy

Timezone: EST (Eastern Standard time)

Forum Join date: April 24 2012

Current rank: Builder

Reason for application:I have often seen times there are periods of times where operators were either AFK, or offline and guests have not been following the rules by being disrespectful to others. Other guests think that due to the fact that there are no operators on, that they can get away with griefing. The reason I’m applying is to ensure that everything in the server runs smoothly and making playing time on the server much more enjoyable.

Why you should become an operator:I believe that I should become operator because first off again, the times where I have been online, the operators were offline or busy and there was simply nobody to help the guests and ban griefers. As a builder, there is only so much that I can do to stop griefers and because I can’t ban griefers, I simply lure them into griefing the cube in guest. I detest griefers I don’t ever think that my opinion will ever change. I believe that I will be a major help to the players and their needs and questions. My main goal whenever I come onto the server is to offer any assistance to any player who needs assistance. I am very active as I usually get on after school every day and due to the fact that summer is here, I will probably be on every day. Some times that I usually see ops not online is in the morning and quite frankly I don’t’ blame them because they are probably still sleeping, but me, I’m usually on the server bright early. I am well known on the server and I have a very friendly attitude towards people. My dream goal is to wipe the griefer population to the BIG 0. I have also realized that I have been asked by several guests on occasion to ‘Review my build’ or ‘help im being griefed’ and it really pains me to watch griefers grief while I can do absolutely nothing at all. I want everybody on the server to be happy and to make building in guest a fun experience as I have seen some potential in a few guests however if their builds keep getting griefed, they will not get the opportunity to show their true potential. Currently I try to do as much as I can in my power to aid people on the server such as Giving water and lava, Reviewing builds, warning ops about griefers. I think that I can make a big difference in our server. I take pride in bigger responsibilities and helping others when possible. I find myself mature in general and I do not get angry quite easily. I am usually a peacemaker in fights/disagreements and I will not let personal emotions get in the way. I am NOT a quitter; I always complete the task, never stop halfway. I make sure that any job/task that I have done is with my best effort and the best that I can do. Another reason why is also that I enjoy more of the social aspect of the server rather than the building part and I dedicate all my time into the players and their needs rather than the building side.

Have you been temp-op before?: No

Extra information: : If I get rejected or if you think that I am not ready, I will not be discouraged and I will continue to aid the players within my power as builder. Thank you for taking the time to read my LONG application for operator. Have a nice day :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:30:12 pm by xNuzzy »
You make choices in life and you don't look back

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: Operator Application xNuzzy
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »
Nice, long application. You are mature, friendly and ready for operator.

Good luck and supported, Nuzzy !

ry_an_c

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:02 am »
<insert support here>

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 12:02:40 am »
I don't know. If you Op on other servers, how could you give
100000000000%
to this server?
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:03:23 am »
Removed*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:14:33 am by xNuzzy »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 12:03:59 am »
Nuzzy is a great guy and is very helpful, whether it be giving reviews or placing water he is always there to help a guest/member. I think he would make an Incredible op! He is really nice and i've never seen him lose his temper with a guest (and there have been some pretty stubborn ones) and he is also very mature. I personally think nuzzy is one of the most qualified people to be an op. I cant express how much i support nuzzy on becoming op! Good luck and supported!

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 12:08:39 am »
Nuzzy, I have known you for a long time, I think you are ready for this. Good luck and supported.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

TimothyThe3rd

• I need about tree fiddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 12:26:23 am »
Supported.

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 01:06:05 am »
You are not being honest on this application.

On your application you are saying on here is that you are no longer an operator on other servers.

What you have said in game: You are currently an operator rank or higher on other servers. Yet you have no interest on being on those servers anymore.

I'm wondering why you have no interest in being on those servers anymore.

Being an operator on other servers shows you have may have some if not quite a bit of experience as an operator, but I'm far more interested in knowing what you would plan to do if you could not handle being an operator anymore on Opticraft.

Would you take some small breaks from Opticraft/Minecraft - request a demotion back to Builder? Go to another server? Or just quit Minecraft completely and go about your life?

I am not trying to harass, bash you, or anything disrespectful. I simply want some answers to fill in the holes of your application.

Not Supported (May reconsider based on your answers)
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

Victor1261

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 02:31:15 am »
Not fully supported as it seems that you only wanted to get promoted to builder to get operator. If you ask where I got my opinion, you have applied very quickly after you were promoted to builder. You were only promoted today in fact. The normal wait is at least 3 days. My question is, why so abruptly? I am not trying to degrade you, but as Alpha says, I would like an answer to a simple question.

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:22 am »
First off I would like to apologize for not being honest, I truly sorry and I will accept any consequences that you wish. i will answer now both alphas and victors questions truthfully.
Alphas questions:
1. You ask why I have no intrest on the other servers anymore. Answer: Boredm is a main factor and I know that opticraft is the server that i truly belong too as many of my friends play on this server and we all get along great and every second i spent in this server so far have been enjoyable. Whenever i log into this server, i would always log out with a smile.
2. If i couldnt take op, what would i do? Answer: As my mom would tell me " Never stop chasing your dream and never back down" meaning that i will try my best to become the best op i can be and the most helpful i can be towards other players. In the case that op is just too much for me, I will ask to be demoted to builder however I will continue to aid players and ops when needed and stay loyal to this server.
Hopefully I can get your support and once again i am truly sorry.
Victors question:
1. Why apply for op so abruptly. Answer: the reason for the early app is because ever since i came to opticraft my dream was to become an op and help plauers with their needs. As mentioned in my app, there are many times where i am online and there is no ops on and guests disobey the rules and grief and yet i camt do anything about it. I want to become op so that i can rid this server clean of grifers and to keep players in opticraft happy and to make sure they enjoy every second at opticraft.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:04:33 pm by xNuzzy »

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 02:46:44 pm »
xNuzzy is very mature. I support this application.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »
Seeing how your app was accepted recently I believe that you should wait at least 2 weeks before applying.

To me it seems you just got builder to get operator.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 12:50:47 am »
Seeing how your app was accepted recently I believe that you should wait at least 2 weeks before applying.

To me it seems you just got builder to get operator.
Well the only way you can get op is by being a builder, or getting special permission from an admin. When someone becomes a builder it shows that they have enough skill at building and knowledge of what a "good" build is. Admins can give a recruit special permission to apply for op, but it isn't an easy thing. While people like djalphawolf deserve to be op, and should definitely be allowed to apply other recruits do not (recruit griefers, etc.. etc..). When i was recruit my goal was to become a crafter one day, when people suggested I go for op my response was always "No! I'm gonna be a crafter!". But I found a certain joy in helping people and giving reviews. So my goal ended up changing from crafter to operator, so in a way I was thinking about my op app before I had even applied for builder. Some of the things I talked about in my app were topics i had come up with before I was a builder. I see little difference between applying for op as soon as you get builder and planning on becoming op as soon as you get builder. In a way you could say the reason lots of people become builder is to become op.

Op selection is something an admin needs time to think about, sometimes up to 2 or 3 months. It doesn't matter if you apply soon after becoming a builder, because you are very unlikely to become an op right after applying. Another thing I wanted to mention is people saying that Nuzzy was being "dishonest" in his app. I do not believe he was being dishonest in the least bit. Before he posted his application he asked me whether or not he should mention that he was an op on another server and that he knew the commands, how to act/respond to guests, and also what was expected of him. I told him sure and look at was has come of it. I'm surprised at how people have responded to that being as he was just mentioning he knew the basic feel of things. I think the main reason for all the confusion is his wording. Sometimes when you are typing up something long like his op app, it is easy to mix up what you mean to say. Nuzzy is not a dishonest and scheming person, all day today he has been on the server helping guests to the best of his ability. I just wanted to say this and possibly clear some things up / share my outlook on this. My stance is still the same; supported and good luck.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:45:43 am by gavin1928374655 »

Victor1261

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 01:21:29 pm »
REMOVED by Victor1261
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:35:39 pm by Victor1261 »