March 19, 2024, 05:42:18 am

Author Topic: Need great ways to decorate a house? Click this. Yes, right here. Do it. Now.  (Read 2075 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Alright, we all want a fancy schmancy house right? I decided that since all I have been doing lately is decorating, I decided to help you guys make an epic home. If you want more help or want me to decorate your house, contact me in-game. /MSG snapethesnipe and I will help you.

I. Places to pretty up in priority.

Try to make it look better. That's the goal of decorating. So if you're looking at a high traffic area, you have to start there. Preferably, your personal room. Another great place to start is your /sethome location. This is your first impression, so when a guy has no idea where he's teleporting and sees a room with glowstone, cobblestone, stone slabs and bricks, he knows you have experience in making a house. You teleport somewhere and see dirt floor, wood ceiling two blocks high and cobble walls only three blocks apart, "This has to be his first time on Minecraft." So start there. Try making the bottom block on a wall a different material, and make it like that for all walls. Try making a sunroof, and line the edges of it with a decorative material. The sunroof should be (obviously) made of glass. Now, we all know something: decoration is NOT priority. First, make a safe house. I would suggest you make your house out of cobble first. Just get three blocks of wood, make 8 sticks, make a pickaxe and get cobble quickly. Now that we know what to decorate, what are we going to use, and where?

II. My favorite materials.

This will just be a small list of my favorite decorative materials:
Bricks-Just looks good, like an old fashioned brick house
Endstone- looks pretty cool, and bright pale colors make it stand out.
Stone slabs- looks good only on the floor, only slab that has different texture than original
Stone bricks- Cool looking texture, looks smooth.
Smooth sandstone- Looks great, side texture looks very decorative
Glass- makes windows and sunroofs, giving you a view of the outside
Gravel- when place on floor, looks great for making a path or using it to decorate the porch in front of your house
And my favorite is...
CREEPERSTONE! Now, most of you probably don't know what that is. It is a variant of smooth sandstone which can be made two ways, although it gives you more if you put two sandstone slabs on top of eachother in crafting. It is called creeperstone because it actually has a creeper face on the top half of it! The creeper face can be seen on all four sides of it.

Well, that's part one. I'm typing this on iPhone, when I'm on computer I will make much more, and you can still contact me ingame. So until then, seeya.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 04:06:19 am by SnapeTheSnipe »
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Kascas

• View Profile
Try to make it look better.
;D

looking forward to version 2 8)
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
I could contribute if u don't mind. And also give some excellent sources of where to get ideas and inspiration. :)
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

tiggy26668

• View Profile
If you're like me and like to have pillars/arches holding up your roof you should mess around with upside down stairs/slabs they make awesome arches and its an available option in all shades of wood, stone brick, and sandstone
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Please do not necropost. Discussion on this topic ended in July.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.