April 25, 2024, 12:13:03 pm

Author Topic: Ban appeal - Clawstrider  (Read 2486 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Ban appeal - Clawstrider
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:21:44 am »
- Did you break any of the rules? Nope, I read /rules very carefully several times

- Did you grief another players work? Nope

- Did you swear excessively? Nope

- Did you upset an operator/ moderator or cause general disrespect to other members/ players on the server? Oh, definitely. I think they were upset by the bit where I had an opinion. This opinion was not about the judgement of any of the staff members, in relation to their job of modding the server (Well at first, there were a few unreasonable kicks, such as Duinis for trying to stop an arguement) but just a conversation I was having with Medu.

- Did you draw hateful symbols or say hateful remarks? Depends what you mean by "hateful". Medu said she didn't like me, and I replied that I didn't really like her either. Is that hateful these days?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ban appeal - Clawstrider
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 12:31:18 am »
- Did you upset an operator/ moderator or cause general disrespect to other members/ players on the server? Oh, definitely. I think they were upset by the bit where I had an opinion. This opinion was not about the judgement of any of the staff members, in relation to their job of modding the server (Well at first, there were a few unreasonable kicks, such as Duinis for trying to stop an arguement) but just a conversation I was having with Medu.

Yea, and I was the one who banned you after watching the conversation for some time, and warning EVERYONE to cool down.  You were the one with the loudest voice, being the most disrespectful, and getting everyone else fired up.  That's why YOU were the one who got banned.  Strike that, it wasn't a conversation, you were being overly argumentative and flat out disrespectful to every mod, not just Medu.  You didn't have an opinion, you were just trolling an argument.

I was doing my best to calm down the staff in the Staff channel, but your continued trolling was keeping them fired up.  That's why you were banned, and yes you deserved it.

When you've had a chance to cool off I'll consider unbanning you.  At present it's set to 2 weeks, which may be adjusted after it's reviewed by the Administrators.  As is, there were 3 mods (including myself) who bore witness to this event and screenshots WERE taken, so don't sit too high up on that horse of yours.

EDIT:  As per administration, the ban has been changed to permanent until it can be further reviewed.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:54:17 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

matticus21

• 1 hand u-turn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 12:36:03 am »
I can vouch in this ban appeal, as in for keeping him banned for the time allocated. Numerous more players were teaming in disrespecting mods and they should consider themselves lucky there not in the same position.
     Viper was trying to solve it by trying to calm you down but you kept up. Do the time mate

Leganie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:55:16 am »
I missed this but from what I read his ban should be perma. If claw basically in-sited a riot that is beyond unacceptable and should be shown no remorse what so ever. The others involved should have all got at least 3-5 days. But thats my 2 cents on this.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:04:44 am »
There were too many involved for them to all be banned Leganie.  Once Claw was banned the others stopped their arguments and went back to being normal players.  I've actually spoken with a couple of them since, and they were regretting it.  They were just following the leader (as most rioters do).  Situation is in the hands of administration,  we'll leave it at that.

TOPIC LOCKED - Further discussion is strictly discouraged.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:54:46 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »
You are unbanned claw.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident