April 26, 2024, 03:45:31 pm

Author Topic: Jeremylego builder application (6th try)  (Read 1457 times)

JeremyLego

• View Profile
Jeremylego builder application (6th try)
« on: May 24, 2012, 02:05:35 am »
Title: [BUILDER] Name: Jeremy Marshall

Ingame name: Jeremylego
Briefly describe all your creations: I have made a great many creations, I will only include my best,
Largest creations:
Eiffel Tower: built in guest, but due to some glitch It disappeared before I could take pics of inside. Had A cafe and multiple viewing rooms to the world.
R2D2: The top of R2D2 built in guest.
Space Shuttle: a MASSIVE space shuttle complete with a satellite in the cargo bay and a cockpit. has fuel Fuel Tank and external rocket engines with fire/Lava beneath engines.
Tree Fortress: Has a pentagonal entrance to a massive tree with tables with a spiral staircase to the top.
Chess set: a chess set with timer for matches. In member if you want to see it
World globe: probably my biggest creation ever. In member
New: Sea Serpent: Green serpent with purple spikes on back.
New! Lava Lamp: I know, kinda random LOL. It has lava inside. more of a medium sized creation
New! Massive Hulk: Green and big, Although I designed and built most of it, I had a bunch of help from breakingb4d and some help from beatlybrode (if you could see fit to give them recruit they would be very happy, both were very good workers). In guest, although its probably pretty greifed by now.

Smaller creations:
Octagonal viewing tower: was told to make something with octagons. has a very cool spiral staircase to the top.
Clock tower: Has a bell inside
DNA Helix: I made multiple models of DNA, I have a smaller one pictured with the Eiffel tower in background.
Castle entrance: A large castle entrance with drawbridge and catapult throwing fire on roof.
The Lincoln memorial: Kinda self-explanatory.

What worlds are the creations on: Guest and member
Links to screenshots of the creation: http://s1173.photobucket.com/albums/r581/jeremystarwars/Snapbucket/
Names of players who helped contribute: Just Me, except hulk which received some help
What is your current rank in Opticraft ?: recruit
Extra (Anything else you want to mention): I enjoy helping people build but, It often takes up to 10 minutes to find the person wanting help (at which point they don't need it anymore), so the transportation feature would be greatly Appreciated. The additions since last submission are the Hulk, Sea Serpent, and Lava Lamp. Oh and btw thanks hammondsben for fixing hulk multiple times (the result of 6-7 Greifers)
do you agree with our terms(http://www.opticraft.net/index.php?topic=3.0) ?: Yes

PS, Thanks for looking

Victor1261

Re: Jeremylego builder application (6th try)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:23:33 pm »
I believe that the big green "hulk" isn't exactly builder quality. The lava lamp is also a small build and I don't think that it will get you there. However, I like the sea serpent! That seems like a good build for your app. If I was an op, this might be a pretty though decision for me. Good luck though!

Unholy_Gibbon

• The Nocturnal Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:40 pm »
I still think you're rushing a bit on these builds to get the rank, it would be better to have spent the time since your last app (two days) on one big quality build than on three smaller less detailed builds. Although I do like the sea serpent.
I'll leave this to a more experienced op to decide as I'm a little on the fence about this.

JeremyLego

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 05:01:39 pm »
Just so you know , I spent about 6-8 hours making (nearly all of yesterday) the three things. That is about 2 days of work in most other peoples cases. Anyway, I respect your decision and if that to is not good enough to qualify I can always make something else. One final note, I didn't really consider hulk to be a "Builder Quality Build"  ether. Considering I was in guest (that's where my helpers where), I knew it would get greifed, so I didn't put as much effort into it as I would on a personal build.

Victor1261

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 08:01:31 pm »
This may help you if this application isn't accepted. Re-apply in 3 days. During those 3 days, focus on something really big. You don't need more builds to qualify, you just need another really good build to qualify. Just a friendly tip!

P.S. If this is accepted ignore this post. Anyhow, good luck!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:43 pm »
The culmination of all your builds seem to fall into the standard in which we'd like to see. The sea serpent looks great alongside the rest of the builds.

I would agree with the others on the Hulk. I did enjoy seeing the creeper-face put onto it (gave me a good laugh), but my decision isn't pulled from that. My decision comes from the fact that you have listened to our advice in the face of trial and error. We do look forward to seeing more creations from you, but for now start getting used to your new commands in the time being.

Accepted. Well done :)

You are now able to access the Builder worlds and can use the /tp and /destroytower commands (there may be others that I can't think of at the top of my head...)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:19:40 pm by Xeadin »

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 12:38:05 am »
I, for one, like the Chess Board the best. Really great. :)
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.