May 02, 2024, 02:53:08 pm

Author Topic: "I died, can i haz refund?"  (Read 7522 times)

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
"I died, can i haz refund?"
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
Ok, hypothetically speaking;
 A person buys an enchanted sword from me for, say 5k. This person decides to test it out on Blazes and ends up getting destroyed by them. Then he/she tells me they died and proceeds to ask for a refund or another enchanted blade for free.
 I am to be held accountable for the loss of this players item because of their decision, or is it their loss and fault?  ???

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
Re: "I died, can i haz refund?"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:43:35 pm »
It is his own fault. He will be mad, but ignore that. If you die in lava and somebody is watching you, then you don't ask to get a refund. It is the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:10:10 pm »
You're selling an item, and that's it. If they get the Item, You should have your money. whatever happens with the item, is none of your business. As long as you didn't promise to put a warranty on it :P
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 07:55:10 pm »
I know who it is.  I know it was their responsibility but if they were "friends" I would probably refund them.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »
If some one dies with something they bought they are respnsible for it if they die its theri own fault and you should no be held accoutable

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:03:34 pm »
If some one dies with something they bought they are respnsible for it if they die its theri own fault and you should no be held accoutable
I know.  Fix your spelling  :P

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »
I agree, FNV. By no means are you responsible for the person dying.
If he gets mad at you for not refunding or replacing the sword, just tell him it's his fault,
From Duinis.

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:58:39 pm »
I heard he got refunded, he got lucky  ;D

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 01:40:28 am »
@ Tabooti nope no warranty.

Anywho, I want to thank you guys for the advice. I appreciate it.  ;D

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 08:58:07 am »
It is his own fault. He will be mad, but ignore that. If you die in lava and somebody is watching you, then you don't ask to get a refund. It is the same thing.
I died in lava with all my stuff... :o

mini25252525

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 11:05:09 am »
True Story.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »
I know.  Fix your spelling  :P
sorry about it i know its bad

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:29 pm »
True Story.

When I accidentally fall to lava, I quickly type /home and I will be ok(even if I die I die at my sethome so i dont lose my stuff. I had a fortune III eff IV unbreak III pick. I went to nether and a ghast made me fall to my death(not lava fall damage) I tried to find my stuff but then I gave up as I was too far away from my portal. As I say, you can save yourself with typing /home from lava. It is not easy though just upgrade your writing speed and you are fine. ( dunno why I write my bad day I just feel relaxed when I write it :))

Check it out! ;)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 03:50:45 am »
True Story.

When I accidentally fall to lava, I quickly type /home and I will be ok(even if I die I die at my sethome so i dont lose my stuff. I had a fortune III eff IV unbreak III pick. I went to nether and a ghast made me fall to my death(not lava fall damage) I tried to find my stuff but then I gave up as I was too far away from my portal. As I say, you can save yourself with typing /home from lava. It is not easy though just upgrade your writing speed and you are fine. ( dunno why I write my bad day I just feel relaxed when I write it :))

I was working on a free nether wart farm for people that need help when they first start out. So I dug down 5 blocks to put a ps (so people don't take the soul sand) and right on the 5th block I fell in the lava. I hit t (for the chat) and it was like I was in shock. I just kind of sat there listening to my guy saying ooh ohh. Lol. Then I tried force quiting minecraft, but that didn't work. :'( I had a fortune II eff III a stack of nether wart and a stack of soul sand.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 08:46:51 am »
(click to show/hide)

Sorry for your lost :( I use the enter key to chat I think it is easier and faster.

Check it out! ;)