May 03, 2024, 01:43:31 am

Author Topic: Water Boat Race Track  (Read 2343 times)

Midgetized

• View Profile
Water Boat Race Track
« on: May 17, 2012, 04:13:44 am »
Since my Longest Coaster is currently finished, until a competitor tries to out-do me, I'm going to start working on a new project. A racetrack/ water ride for boats. Basically there will be a water ride wide enough to fit two or more boats and then they race along the track to the finish line. And when it's done I can host competitions where 1st place gets a prize.

If you have any ideas on the construction of the ride or suggestions that you would like to see implemented possibly then shoot me a reply to this thread.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
Re: Water Boat Race Track
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 04:15:35 am »
Boats are kinda prohibited because they create lag to the server.

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 04:19:59 am »
So far some ideas:

-Piston activated doors that the rider needs to push to open a door to move along the course.

-Button activated water lifts in the same fashion as the door suggestion.

-Obstacles such as pillars that need to be navigated

-Obstacles that can be triggered to slow down others such as pistons rising up to create barriers, or flood gates to pour water creating a hectic current.

If you would like to see the most out of this project, I would need your personal ideas and suggestions and possibly any donations.

This will be constructed near the Longest Coaster as well, so I'm basically making a theme park I guess.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 04:20:46 am »
Well I constantly find them floating around in the ocean and there are so many that just floated past the worlds edge.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 04:24:17 am »
Well I constantly find them floating around in the ocean and there are so many that just floated past the worlds edge.

Probably, there are players that create them on the borders, for that particular reason. To create lag. There is no other explanation.

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 02:32:08 am »
Actually if you hit the border when riding a boat it pushes you out of it and the boat floats outwards.

SO I guess I'll make an obstacle course instead.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »
Yea, it's a great idea, but I can tell you that boats are just stupid on the server.  I tried one that I found floating in the middle of the ocean and it was so bloody hard to control due to "boat lag" that I finally just beat it up and took the stick/planks.

Obstacle course sounds really cool, maybe like a Wipeout course?  Pistons for the punching fists, platforms that randomly move up and down, etc... *LOL*  That might be really fun.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:03:14 am »
Viper, that is actually a really good idea. Make trick pressure plates, one actually pushes a piston or triggers trap door. Fun idea.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileņo