May 06, 2024, 11:53:29 am

Author Topic: I'll get my head bitten off from this  (Read 7687 times)

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
I'll get my head bitten off from this
« on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:51 am »
Hello fellow "opticrafters" I just want to say this, and I think i might get my head bitten off for saying this. But i Believe that opticraft NEEDS more moderators. its 11pm in sydney and there is over 100 people on, not one of them is a moderator. i have seen numerous people asking for assistance and help, i can only provide little with water. But I feel helpless because people have greifers...

Opticraft you NEED more moderators and yes, i know you can't trust everyone on this but really... come'on there is over 100 people on and none of them are moderators.

i know this is a very short post, but i pretty much did cut most the crap and went straight to the point and i will do so again, opticraft you NEED more moderators or OP's on.

Thank you for reading =)

Bhoughton
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: I'll get my head bitten off from this
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:08:00 am »
I notice this almost every day. Its been almost an hour since a mod has been on I believe. Maybe mods should have shifts? (not where they can only mod then, but to ensure we have someone holding down the fort at all times) Thanks bhouhton for bringing this to light and I was about to post the same thing.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:10:59 am »
I notice this almost every day. Its been almost an hour since a mod has been on I believe. Maybe mods should have shifts? (not where they can only mod then, but to ensure we have someone holding down the fort at all times) Thanks bhouhton for bringing this to light and I was about to post the same thing.
The reason we dont have that is because mods could be busy irl during their shift, and it would interfere. I'll come on now.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:11:14 am »
We have 36 Moderators at the moment, and yes I know we may need more. But they don't grow on trees you know.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:13:27 am »
The reason we dont have that is because mods could be busy irl during their shift, and it would interfere. I'll come on now.
Obviously, but this is on the suggestions thread.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:18:24 am »
We have 36 Moderators at the moment, and yes I know we may need more.

Okay
Thanks =)

fuck notch, yo

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:30:27 am »
one problem we have is people asking moderators for help with things they don't actually need help with.

grief should ideally be handled by protection stones, water can be handled by trusted (but bigger jobs certainly require moderators), members should be able to light their own portals with fire charges now (though i realize those aren't easy to come by).

it is my opinion that it is only a moderators job to make sure that things are running smoothly. moderate chat, make sure people are behaving, etc. not to provide basic services to the members.

the only rea issue i see right now is bugs with protection stones. but even that really requires an OP.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:43:54 am »
I see your point cschurz but, not all people buy protection stones. Greif will always be occurring with or without protection stones, people build things and when they do they may be low on money... some people can't afford diamond protection stones... so rarely the occasional greif will come along and you know, greif.

some trusted, not trying to disrespect anyone, but some trusted don't place water at all... i do my best that i can to, but i still can't because i continuously have to fill up water buckets.

we just need more moderators on to fix greif, that really my point of starting this topic.

fuck notch, yo

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 01:53:42 am »
I see your point cschurz but, not all people buy protection stones. Greif will always be occurring with or without protection stones, people build things and when they do they may be low on money... some people can't afford diamond protection stones... so rarely the occasional greif will come along and you know, greif.

some trusted, not trying to disrespect anyone, but some trusted don't place water at all... i do my best that i can to, but i still can't because i continuously have to fill up water buckets.

we just need more moderators on to fix greif, that really my point of starting this topic.

i see your point as well, but it simply can't be a moderators responsibility to undo grief for every little thing when a member makes no attempt to protect a structure themselves. this is a survival server, not creative. establish yourself financially with a small home and farm or what have you - something easy to protect - and work your way up.

BUT, this is just my opinion, and our moderators are currently happy to undo whatever grief is reported, regardless of the amount of effort (rather, lack of effort) someone put in to prevent grief on the structure themselves.

and it's certainly not a trusted's job to place water - but at least they have the ability.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 03:18:12 am »
I think i agree with both of you we need more mods yes but there are some people who spam the mod help thing but i have noticed that there are usaly not mods on when you need them :D dont get me wrong i know mods work hard but if we had a few more we could get help more often

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 03:51:01 am »
It's not that we need more mods, it's that we need mods who dont stop coming on after the first 2 weeks of getting mods.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 03:55:07 am »
i see your point as well, but it simply can't be a moderators responsibility to undo grief for every little thing when a member makes no attempt to protect a structure themselves. this is a survival server, not creative. establish yourself financially with a small home and farm or what have you - something easy to protect - and work your way up.

BUT, this is just my opinion, and our moderators are currently happy to undo whatever grief is reported, regardless of the amount of effort (rather, lack of effort) someone put in to prevent grief on the structure themselves.

I completely agree with cschurz on this subject.  I wasn't always a mod, and when I wasn't I had to protect my things just like every other player does.  Know the trick?  Don't build big until you can afford to build big, which includes buying protection!  By the time my base was done I had 30+ coal protection stones covering it, and I NEVER suffered grief.  Trust me, there were a lot of people who tried.  Right in front of my eyes!

That said, even now that I AM a mod I'm still buying protection stones to cover my stuff.  Yea, that's right, BUY!  I can't just summon materials out of thin air.  Know why I buy PS stones still?  I don't wanna fix my grief damage over and over again either.  I already have enough to do when I get online.   :P

Personally, if you suffer grief and it wasn't the fault of a failed PS stone, I really have no sympathy for you.  You shouldn't build anything without being able to protect it.  That's like buying a brand new Hummer without putting insurance on it.  Sure, I'll fix grief when I'm called because that's my job, but I'll be the first one to tell you that you need to go buy a PS after I do.  Trust me, you don't want Mods getting to know you because they always have to fix your grief.  Mods have projects they want to work on too, and wasting their time with things you could have easily prevented is just not a good way to make friends with Mods.  *LOL*
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:58:45 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 04:01:40 am »
Honestly, saying mods should not be there to fix grief is ridiculous. It is part of a moderators job. While most members should use protection stones, we all know that is impossible because the stones are pretty expensive. If you dont want to fix grief, then maybe being a moderator is not for you.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 04:09:50 am »
I love how now we're getting off topic and starting to talk about greif, my original post was about the lack of moderators that were online... i only stated that a few people need help with greif and no one could fix it. That is why i started this topic. This topic was about the lack of moderators that were online, there are a few exceptional moderators/ops out there i must say! it just i know they all don't have time to play minecraft.
Maybe mods should have shifts?
I don't really want to be a mod yet, this is getting a bit out of hand my origional post was stating the lack of mods that were online, this isn't a mod application Nick. this is in suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:24:34 am by bhoughton »

fuck notch, yo

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 04:22:22 am »
Timezones. School.
Two main factors to why there may be a decrease of Mods online. Since your from Sydney that makes sence, since there aren't many Mods in your timezone then there is in other timezones.
Patience.
The only way to bypass the two factors ;)