May 03, 2024, 02:11:12 am

Author Topic: The Longest Roller Coaster  (Read 3977 times)

Midgetized

• View Profile
The Longest Roller Coaster
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:33:10 am »
I'm currently busy with a roller coaster that I think to be the longest so far on this server:

http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/-4858/64/-498/-2/0/0

Several people already rode the tracks and I'm currently working on another track that is Nether themed, the start is the netherack dragon head in the water.

But I want the opinions of the forums population on what I do with this track.

Here are some questions that I would like your suggestions on:

Should the fire track connect with the main track or keep it a separate rail.

I'm planning on remaking the main line to where it has more decorative flare to it with themes.
Such as maybe connecting the fire tracks to the main line and having a Water track , air track and earth track themes that will connect to each other.

Should I make the themes separate and have multiple rails or should I have 1 really long track.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Longest Roller Coaster
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:04:00 am »
Dang, that is huge. It'd be cool to see it go up high and then down into the ocean into a tunnel, like I see you have by the dragon. I like the colored wool, gives it a county fair type feel.

I wish somehow we could see under water level buildings, interested in seeing how far the track goes around in the water.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileño

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 04:26:55 am »
The underwater portion isnt that big but if  I do create themed tracks then there will be an extension to it as the water portion of it. So I would like to think about your opinions on this subject.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
Finnaly someone that is making the longest one! I hope I can ride it someday!

And if you wanted to make the longest one, make them to each other. Make stations for the themes so that people can decided where they can join the Rollercoaster and stop if they wanted that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 04:34:27 pm »
Boshi that would require some ingenuity to pull off since that method would require that there be several portions that requires user participation: levers buttons ect, that might break the continuity of the ride.

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 05:56:30 pm »
Midgetized, excellent point. I agree, I think it should be one long ride. There should be one exit and entrance. I have some mats I will donate, I'll contact you in-game when I see you.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileño

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 07:16:13 pm »
Thanks 24k, all I need are rails, powered rails, iron and gold
optional donations: sticky pistons, wood, money

The coaster is open to the public for free and will be until either I sell it or pass it over to someone else which won't be for a long time.

animedude88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:29 am »
when did you start this midgetiser? I am also dping this

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:46:59 pm »
About a week I guess. But right now it's not operational as I'm currently expanding the underwater portion of the coaster

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 04:31:52 pm »
Update: The fire and water themes are currently done for now.
The earth section is next. I'm going to go with abandoned shaft theme that will weave in and around underground then come up at the big twister to the left where it will be redecorated into a volcano.
tell me your opinions on that idea.

animedude88

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 04:02:54 am »
i started this like 9 days ago. did you see my project in the forum?

Zen00

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:42:25 am »
We've been working on this a bit longer than you have, and we're not soliciting donations for this project either.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 04:50:01 pm »
Update: The fire and water themes are currently done for now.
The earth section is next. I'm going to go with abandoned shaft theme that will weave in and around underground then come up at the big twister to the left where it will be redecorated into a volcano.
tell me your opinions on that idea.
Sounds like a good idea. And thank you for riding the rollercoaster! It is really awesome!
And one thing is a bit weird, the fire section doesn't have fire? I think Hell is a better name for that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 07:44:12 pm »
I rode it yesterday!  It was fun and long of course! :-)

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 02:03:44 am »
Thanks everyone fore participating in the roller coaster fun, and I'm glad to announce that the track (for the most part) is fully operational. And I would like fire in my fire themed coaster but I would need a mod to place it on the netherack. So if a mod feels up to it, visit my coaster and apply fire to where you see fit on the ride, and knock torches out of the track.