May 15, 2024, 09:04:45 pm

Poll

What do u think we sould do about the market?

Stay the Same
8 (42.1%)
Better Prices
1 (5.3%)
More Sell Signs
5 (26.3%)
More Goods
1 (5.3%)
2, 3, and 4
3 (15.8%)
Other: leave suggestion
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Read if ur broke or have tips for being rich  (Read 8905 times)

5bluedog5

• View Profile
Read if ur broke or have tips for being rich
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:00:48 pm »
Does anybody have any tips for getting money? i am broke and would like some tips for getting some? if so leave some advice.
also if a moderator, operator or Opticle is reading this can u even out the prices at the market and expand it? thx
5bluedog5
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!

acegdl007

• View Profile
Re: Read if ur broke or have tips for being rich
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:15:59 pm »
Some of the other threads I have read have debated the best way to make money.  Growing/selling melons and mining iron seem to be the major activities that people brought up.

I'm pretty new here so I don't even know the answer for sure yet!  I'm thinking mining might be a good way.  I have not taken a close look at the market place to figure out what is most valuable to sell.  I know it's not diamonds.  I am sure there is one or two particular items that give you the best dollar for the effort.

After mining you can probably sell your building materials and time to those running major building projects in need of workers.

It's all part of figuring out how to succeed at the game I guess!  I'll share more as I learn.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 04:45:10 pm »
The best thing you can do is to find someone to give you pass to a blaze farm.
Enchant some diam. pix. Sell whatever you make and in the end of the weekend, you will be 100k richer.
If you make fortune or Silk touch, then you can be 300k richer. It depends from your stamina doing that all the day, your enchants, and the number of pix.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:45:55 pm »
The best way to make money in my eyes, is either by mining materials, or by making a town. With a town, you can sell plots for a certain price (this is how I got my money). Mining is good because any tools you use, you will mine enough materials to make more. Melon/Pumpkin farming can become boring and tedious.

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:01:28 pm »
Tedious? Everyone has automated melon farms these days...

(click to show/hide)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 05:30:30 am »
Tedious? Everyone has automated melon farms these days...

Looks like I have been living in the past...

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 05:42:50 am »
Same. I have 2000+ mellon roots non-auto.
I am bored to collect them a month now.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 12:11:43 pm »
I mine gold and iron to sell it, though it took awhile.

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 01:41:24 pm »
Sell iron and gold, sell some of your excess materials (dirt cobble ect). That's how I got rich.

DavidJerk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »
I'd actually prefer to see the opposite. Higher buy prices, lower sell prices. But not unless there was a reset, since people have already made their millions. It's fine as it is though, very easy to make cash. You can make at least 10k+ a day without being on for more than an hour.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 10:15:35 pm »
I'd actually prefer to see the opposite. Higher buy prices, lower sell prices. But not unless there was a reset, since people have already made their millions. It's fine as it is though, very easy to make cash. You can make at least 10k+ a day without being on for more than an hour.

And how you do that?

Anyways I have 35k right bow, not the best money I had but it is enough for me as I dont usually buy expensive stuff. Once, I got 11 stacks of iron, 1 stack of gold and 20 diamonds in 3-4 hours. I gained around 39k. So my advice is go to the borders and search for caves. Mine everything(you can leave coal) you see. Be brave and curious. Look to every undiscovered part. You can search for caves under the big oceans too. It is up to you. Btw put torches when you discover some place so u will know that it is discovered.

Check it out! ;)

wingsnut

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 12:46:54 am »
You know, the market is a problem because it puts to much money into the economy causing price inflation in local shops if the market had a balance (Just like players) it wouldn't keep putting money in and that price inflation would stop, but we could negate this solution by increasing buy prices and lowering sell prices.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:51:21 am by wingsnut »

DavidJerk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34:53 am »

And how you do that?

I set up a few farms and make 10k just by gathering them a few times a day. Autofarms are even faster. Just hit a button and get thousands. A bit silly really, to me. Mining can be good cash too though, if you sell everything. I'm too much of a packrat for that.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 03:47:46 am »

And how you do that?

Anyways I have 35k right bow, not the best money I had but it is enough for me as I dont usually buy expensive stuff. Once, I got 11 stacks of iron, 1 stack of gold and 20 diamonds in 3-4 hours. I gained around 39k. So my advice is go to the borders and search for caves. Mine everything(you can leave coal) you see. Be brave and curious. Look to every undiscovered part. You can search for caves under the big oceans too. It is up to you. Btw put torches when you discover some place so u will know that it is discovered.

We had a caving rampage today.

If we had sold everything we found (including a triple spawner) we would have made tons of money. And we were only in there a few hours.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:54 am »

And how you do that?

I set up a few farms and make 10k just by gathering them a few times a day. Autofarms are even faster. Just hit a button and get thousands. A bit silly really, to me. Mining can be good cash too though, if you sell everything. I'm too much of a packrat for that.

I'm too lazy to build large farms  :-\

Check it out! ;)