May 05, 2024, 04:17:06 pm

Author Topic: "Challenge" Map  (Read 2138 times)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
"Challenge" Map
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:16:53 pm »
Hey guys,

Nowadays, everyone is talking about the new world coming, plans to do in it etc. I'm really excited about it too. There will be so many people who will try to get as many as ores, spawners etc. before it is too late. Won't it be exciting and fun? I had an idea about this and I will explain it to you:

I saw on another game(not mc) a "challenge" map. This map regenerates periodically(a week/a month) and at the end, people who get the first place gets a reward. Think about the same here. Imagine that there is a map where the only objective is to earn money and get the first place before the server regenerates. People will try different strategies to earn money and the newbies will learn more about the game! Isn't that fun? Or am I the only person who gets excited even while thinking about it.

This idea can be discussed after the new world come up.

I will be glad to hear about your ideas about this idea. Thanks for reading.

Check it out! ;)

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "Challenge" Map
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 06:59:50 am »
I like a survival world that's changed by the players and not reset. I'm not in a race to gather money. I actually enjoy stocking up on materials so I can use them in the game later. Selling things is in the back of mind. Because to me, mine craft has many objectives. Build a base, explore, gather resources, etc. I appreciate the idea, but I'm not a fan.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileņo

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:57 am »
Nice, but not for here I think.
If you gather too much money which is very difficult in less than a month, and the map resets, then it becomes like speed rounds. Is there any reason to be in a rash for a week/month in your life? To sleep and wake up with minecraft in your mind, and how you will bit the other player?
Defenitely no.
I want to build stable establishments.

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:54:20 pm »
I agree with spam and 24K it would be fun just not on Opticraft.