May 07, 2024, 10:30:59 am

Author Topic: classic building.  (Read 1590 times)

HammondsBen :)

• The Building Operator
    • View Profile
classic building.
« on: May 08, 2012, 02:03:39 am »
I think we could create alot of good builders if we could make a forum guide to making shapes like circles, spheres, swirls and stuff like that because i see many many new people fail to rank because they make squares. and thats because thats all they can make...

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
Re: classic building.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:45:01 am »
I think the point of builder rank is to award the people who make those shapes and awesome stuff, without any help. Giving a public guide to builder would just mean that us OPs would have to raise the standards higher than they already are.

HammondsBen :)

• The Building Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 01:52:02 am »
I think the point of builder rank is to award the people who make those shapes and awesome stuff, without any help. Giving a public guide to builder would just mean that us OPs would have to raise the standards higher than they already are.
i got tons of help for builder it was just long google searches and when i said "builders" i meant people who build not the rank

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 07:20:48 am »
Its a nice idea and i do feel that players should know more about how to make shapes, but seriously.. Everyone or mostly everyone has learned what shapes are, what they look like, and not to mention kids, teens, and adults have had access to building blocks and lego's for an extremely long time... I think if a player were to use their heads and a little bit of imagination. Then there would be a lot more builders.

..Come to think of it, you only have to look at a cars wheel in real life to get a good idea how to construct a circle on minecraft.

Or better yet. Take a piece of paper, a pencil, draw a circle, then draw straight lines or little boxes on that circle to understand how to construct circles in minecraft.

Sadly though, that does not seem to be the case in nearly 90% of the population that comes here.

To be blunt. If a player is unable to figure out how to figure out how to make a simple circle, triangle, or any other shape other than a square. Then they don't deserve even a recruit rank, little alone builder.

I know a sound harsh, but it's just a fact.
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:02:50 am »
Nice idea. I like it.
But, I disagree with Bantam because the high standards depend on the situation. ANd they can change from case to case.
You dont rate always the same building.

1000 POSTS!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:06:03 am by spamarian »

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 02:32:54 pm »

I think it's a good idea if someone has taught the person how to build the shape so they can make a big creation using the different shapes.

I like it.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.