May 02, 2024, 10:44:23 pm

Author Topic: Ban Conditions  (Read 1127 times)

Midgetized

• View Profile
Ban Conditions
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:01:02 am »
I was wondering to what extent does it take for an individual to be banned? I've seen it fluctuate quite a lot from a couple blocks to full blown creeper bombs.

I ask this because recently my own area was grief-ed which was fixed, and the same 2 people ripped up my farm, tore holes into my walls and statue, and added diving boards to my buildings and the mods that helped me said that it wasn't a big deal and let it slide. But then I read some ban appeals and some following reasons: broken windows, melon farms being ripped up, being extensively annoying. So this kind of made me confused does it depend fully on the moderators personal judgment or is there a strict hand-guide to these situations?
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Conditions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:06:05 am »
They have a general guidline to follow and most of them do. Things that affect it are the previous ban history and extent of the damage.

Midgetized

• View Profile
Re: Ban Conditions
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:33:38 am »
Thats a nice general statement, but in my defense the two mods helping me even stated that they had done further damage elsewhere, calling it only small griefs. People got banned for breaking 4 blocks before and taking plants. Over 50 of my melon PLANTS not blocks were wiped out with a hole right in my wool statue and dirt ladders over my walls: which is still there, and I'm just happy they stopped short of my tower which could've been disastrous due to some of it's elements and my sheep farm which took me awhile to separate and coordinate into exact pens.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.