June 15, 2024, 08:32:55 pm

Author Topic: The site being too formal  (Read 3508 times)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
The site being too formal
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:16 pm »
I know that you are working hard for the new world but the sites template is really formal without any animations or colorful things and it is not attractive. The reason I'm telling this is when I look to other servers' sites they are colorful and animated and attractive and most likely it makes me feel that this server is fun and I suddenly want to play in that server. It is a shame for the best server on the earth isn't advertising efficiently and not being attractive.

I think that maybe your second objective after the new world should be to recreate the site's template and make it more attractive. Maybe we can change the castle picture to something else in the new world in our advertisements.

Thanks for reading, and please keep in mind that I only want this server to be known by everyone as the best server.

Check it out! ;)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: The site being too formal
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 08:53:45 pm »
We did this on purpose, the sites with all the animations and colors and such look like crap tbh. People think it makes the server look fun but really it is an eyesore.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:06:35 pm »
I would like to agree with Nick with this one, it would make the server look good, but I think it would be a pain after a bit.
So I say stick to this current style.
Probably the best Builder ever.

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 09:10:29 pm »
The current site is very well done in my opinion. Simple, and aesthetically pleasing without over doing it.
When I read your title I thought you were going to say that the forums were being too formal, but I guess you meant the way the site looks... I think the forums are too informal anyways, too many posts that contribute nothing except for postcount+...

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »
I love the site, very straight forward, most other servers sights look like myspace...ugh

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:48:52 pm »
Well, after thinking for a while, I noticed that this template is perfect for the site. I like the logo of Opticraft, I really do. :)

Check it out! ;)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 10:50:43 pm »
We could have a animated theme option?..
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

bern019

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:32 am »
I think the site is fine. Another look is a lot to manage.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 02:55:57 am »
What I've noticed is that flashy sites get to the top quick, the fall quick. The professional look may not get you the top spot, but will last MUCH longer. Since players also stay longer, it becomes a very strong community and a better experience. The only caution is to not make it too closed off to others.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:06:18 am »
I know that you are working hard for the new world but the sites template is really formal without any animations or colorful things and it is not attractive. The reason I'm telling this is when I look to other servers' sites they are colorful and animated and attractive and most likely it makes me feel that this server is fun and I suddenly want to play in that server. It is a shame for the best server on the earth isn't advertising efficiently and not being attractive.

I think that maybe your second objective after the new world should be to recreate the site's template and make it more attractive. Maybe we can change the castle picture to something else in the new world in our advertisements.

Thanks for reading, and please keep in mind that I only want this server to be known by everyone as the best server.

Imagine this site if it were full of animations. Wouldn't it look...unprofessional? Well, we here do want to be very professional in what we do, and this current theme really does support it. And, yes, I know, sometimes we can be a bit informal, but we need to ask questions and have fun sometimes don't we? Otherwise, life would be so recklessly boring. Although, one thing, please stop with the vote banner that appears on pretty much EVERY SINGLE PAGE (discluding the forum posts). That gets super annoying super quick.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 06:10:42 am »
I think the forums are fine the way they are right now. It is a nice and clean look and, it isn't clattered and full of junk. I think the forums, as is,  are appealing to the senses.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 08:23:30 am »
Other sites make me want to rip my eyes out, this is perfect.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »
To be honest, I didn't care much about the site's look when I first joined. I just liked the look of the server, which did a good enough job as it made me stay and I'm still here.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:54:49 pm »
I'd like to see a video in Home instead of server news :P
Like team9000's site :P

Edit : I pull back my word after seeing their new video xD
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:36:20 pm by omaroo2 »

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 06:12:31 pm »
First impression is the most important one.

Lets say you are on two websites:
One looks more fun, with all emoticons, splashy colors, no punctuation, etc...
The other looks more serious than the other. It looks more formal, correct punctuation, useful and helpful home portal, etc...

Which one would you go on?