May 14, 2024, 05:18:59 pm

Author Topic: A new rank  (Read 10683 times)

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
A new rank
« on: April 30, 2012, 01:20:59 am »
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'd thought I'd take a whack at it.

I'm suggesting a rank between trusted and mod, maybe call it Honorable.

The real feature I think would be the ability to deal with lava and fire, but not have the responsibility of a mod. Also, (and I know this could go bad), have discounts for donations? JUST A SUGGESTION

I think in difficulty rating it would be between mod and trusted. While it has no true requirements, things looked for could be:

-Active on forums
-Helpful on forums
-Amount voted
-Helps with water placement in game, almost every time they're asked
-Always friendly
-Shows more faith to the server than trusted, but doesn't require the commitment of a mod.
-Knows many people in the server, strong community role
-NO previous ban history
-Has been active in the server for a long period of time (2 months+?)

I've seen threads about giving Trusted these abilities, but don't remember a thread suggesting a separate rank.

Just a suggestion, don't flame me about how this been suggested 242352678iloveyou4583476 times.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: A new rank
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 01:27:14 am »
I don't really think this is needed. There is a reason that they only let moderator+ place lava. I could see a few people having this rank but I don't think that it is that much of a hassle to call a mod over to place fire and lava.

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 01:31:47 am »
That IS Trusted.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:35:16 am »
They can't place lava Yomo

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 01:36:20 am »
I don't really think this is needed. There is a reason that they only let moderator+ place lava. I could see a few people having this rank but I don't think that it is that much of a hassle to call a mod over to place fire and lava.

Well that being said, it's not that much of a hassle to ask a mod to place water either, so why have trusted? My thoughts would be these players would play a "decorator" role, helping people place water and lava and lighting portals, while the mods could do more "staff" things like fixing grief and such, or helping clean the area.

Varrager

• "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 01:39:19 am »

Well that being said, it's not that much of a hassle to ask a mod to place water either, so why have trusted? My thoughts would be these players would play a "decorator" role, helping people place water and lava and lighting portals, while the mods could do more "staff" things like fixing grief and such, or helping clean the area.
Why not have a "helper" rank. they would play this role of a "decorator" yet they also get the ability to kick over players. they would have to be the most trusted of the trusted.
(click to show/hide)

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:40:51 am »
I usually only get asked to place lava once a week so they wouldn't be helping too much. Also, trusted can place fire.

A helper rank would have to be part of the staff then.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 01:56:09 am »
Why not have a "helper" rank. they would play this role of a "decorator" yet they also get the ability to kick over players. they would have to be the most trusted of the trusted.

Eh, not necessarily kick people, just get lava placement. I for one would lava a TON more if I had it readily accesible.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 01:57:35 am »

Eh, not necessarily kick people, just get lava placement. I for one would lava a TON more if I had it readily accesible.
That is the exact reason why it is not readily accessible.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 02:02:07 am »

For decorative purposes (what else would it be used for?). Plus, that's why m suggesting it to be harder to get than trusted, maybe just as hard as mod, without the responsibility of having to be a mod. This is a survival server (that phrase gets thrown around a lot), and in survival you can place lava.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:13:23 am »

For decorative purposes (what else would it be used for?). Plus, that's why m suggesting it to be harder to get than trusted, maybe just as hard as mod, without the responsibility of having to be a mod. This is a survival server (that phrase gets thrown around a lot), and in survival you can place lava.
The last thing we need is more decorative lava that increases the chances of a mistake happening.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 02:51:50 am »

Well that being said, it's not that much of a hassle to ask a mod to place water either, so why have trusted?

It is not the Trusted player's responsibility to place water for others, it is the mod's. Trusted rank signifies that that player has gained the trust of the staff, gaining water for themselves to use, not to give out. Most of them do only to  show their dedication and helpfulness.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:45 am »

The last thing we need is more decorative lava that increases the chances of a mistake happening.

But think about it. This member would have to be EXTREMELY trusted to get this rank. As Witchawa said, this could possibly be for people that want something more than Trusted, but don't want the hassles and possible stress from being Moderator. Not everyone wants a ton of responsibility, but instead they may want a little bit of it. I could quite possibly seeing this idea become realistic, so, good idea witchawa. But, in regards to lowering the donations, they are donations. It's not like they are actual products. Granted they come with some extras, but the main thing regarding them is that they're donations.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 03:35:31 am »
I like this idea. I think they should also be able to teleport to people like mods to help with lava/water.

P.S. I think we should be call it Elite  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:42:29 am by Kian1354 »

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:29 am »
It seems that the higher ups can trust the people, they just can't trust the lava :P

Too bad lava damage from player placed lava can't be disabled :/