May 02, 2024, 02:39:36 pm

Author Topic: Self Portraits  (Read 2129 times)

Midgetized

• View Profile
Self Portraits
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:56:24 am »
I'm starting a small business that creates sculptures of a players avatar using wool blocks.
The statues will stand 32 block high and 16 blocks wide as a standard size.
The price of each sculpture isnt fixed rate yet, but will probably be 250 per 64 blocks of wool for labor and materials.
Standard 2-D statues have 352 blocks
Standard 3-D statues have 1408 blocks
Additional details can be added such as your avatar holding a sword or wearing armor.
Due to color limitations skins with a wide range of colors will possibly be harder to complete and will look more flat.

If you don't like the appearance of the statue refunds can be arranged, but will be reduced if the structure is more than half-way complete since tearing it down and any loss of materials can occur.

So if you want to impress your cities inhabitants with your lovely visage at the gates of your town or if you simply want to commemorate your friends and fellow adventurers then contact me in-game, or if you can't catch me online then reply to this thread with an image of your skin showing all sides (including hands and feet ends)

If you want NPC statues then costs can vary on their size (creepers, skeleton, zombie, spider (maybe), ghast, ect)

Also I can possibly let your statue be riding an NPC as I build it so those Spider Jockeys arent so smug anymore.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Self Portraits
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:09:52 am »
Nice. Great idea. Can we get some pics of past work you've done?
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileņo

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:54:53 am »
Not like anyone is already offering that......  :P
Though you seem to be wording it better than I have haha

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:19:36 pm »
@2crzy4uall
 I didn't realize that you had a similar business already but I heard monopolies were bad in a market enviroment so I think a little competition is good

@24kGold
 I will post any work that I have completed, so far I have the Tower in the Sea post in the forum that demonstrates some construction skills on my part.
Sometimes a little bit of pessimism goes further than a stream of optimism, it lets you see both sides of the coin and break the illusion of the reality that others built around you.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 04:31:29 pm »
@2crzy4uall
 I didn't realize that you had a similar business already but I heard monopolies were bad in a market enviroment so I think a little competition is good
I thought the same thing :) Come at me brah  :P

Midgetized

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:09:11 am »
@2crzy4uall
I thought the same thing :) Come at me brah  :P

In an attempt to not escalate this to a slap fight, I think your displayed works are impressive, although I prefer architectural construction projects in my building time, pixel/statues become second-hand downtime projects for me.
So I don't own a great deal of impressive works that will shake your foundations just my spire, but to be fair I'm still a week old to this server. Give me time and I will be capable of surprising you with my skill sets.

Currently I'm working on my second mega-structure that is not even a day old yet, but the starting frame is built and the plans are still being worked out, you know where my spire is and the new building will be clearly visible nearby.

I used to build 25x25 bedrock to skyline monster grinders but they require a lot of water/lava placement and asking someone else to do such work will be rude and I don't know the spawn rate of monsters as it's random for me so far. One night I see nothing and the next 4 creepers and a spider jockey is chasing me around my farm.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »
I'm not trying to turn it into a slap fight, you took it way too serious lol.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 11:49:58 pm »
The real question is...Who is cheaper?  :P