May 02, 2024, 12:25:25 am

Author Topic: Pumpkins and Melons  (Read 6855 times)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
Re: Pumpkins and Melons
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 04:24:40 am »
they should include a sign allowing us to sell 64 pumpkins one shot xPPPP dont want to spam click if i have a inventory of pumpkins xP
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

potoes6

• Just Gotta Love Minecraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 06:21:04 am »
they should include a sign allowing us to sell 64 pumpkins one shot xPPPP dont want to spam click if i have a inventory of pumpkins xP
You should put that under suggestions Doom.

Mine On Everyone! And Remember......

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 06:41:00 am »
Indeed Bantam, selling items is the best choice.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 07:16:56 pm »
Farming for melons and pumpkins is a thing of the past, the new money maker is ACTUALLY SELLING THE STUFF YOU MINE

Bantam2

Actually, I have to agree.  I swear I've made almost 3x more money off Iron and Gold than I ever made off melons.  Doesn't take much to harvest either.  Basically playing Minecraft, which is why we're here anyway isn't it?
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 08:33:40 am »
Basically playing Minecraft, which is why we're here anyway isn't it?
LOL yea we do play Mine-craft even my game way is more like Farm-craft and Build-craft  ;D
Selling iron or iron blocks does make a lot of money and my pumkin farm is just for constant money income.
recently i sold over 20 iron blocks witch i get just from digging resources for my place...so if u are building city,village or just a really huge private property and u mine stuff yourself u can found large ammounts of iron sometimes gold and even diamond ;) So i must agree with bantam also but farming isnt obsolete just and old fashion way to make money,like in RL where oil digging is more profitable then growing vegetables  ;D

P.S: Sorry for long reply....i like to write  :)

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »
Sorry to revive an old thread but I have had a different angle on making bank.  What do people think about automation as a way to improve the whole melon/pumpkin productivity?  I do agree that there is a distinct advantage to pumpkins since they do not require post-harvest crafting... but melon slices are also a source of food if necessary while pumpkins are not.  I've been engineering pumpkin/melon farms that (semi)automatically harvest thus saving time.  Is that enough to overcome the added time spent on crafting blocks from slices?

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 03:42:40 pm »
Anything automated is fast.
Now, it depends on the size. If you need to convert 18 slices stacks to 2 blocks, then its not much.
But, when you have 2000+ roots, with at least 3 slices/root, then its 6000+ at minimum slices. 6000/64, is almost 100. 100/9=11,.. So, in order to make 11 mellon blocks, you need a lot of time.

What I jsut described, is with 3 slices/block. No 7 which is the most usual.

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »
That reminds me about a minor annoyance that if fixed would be able to save lots of time when crafting melon blocks. Not being able to shift click slice stacks into a crafting area.  >:(

_Obi_Wan_

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »
That reminds me about a minor annoyance that if fixed would be able to save lots of time when crafting melon blocks. Not being able to shift click slice stacks into a crafting area.  >:(
if by shift click u mean to turn 9x64 melon slices in single click to stack of melon blocks.....well did u try right click on first block that appears when u put 64 slices in craftbench...it gives u 64 melon blocks with that single right mouse click..  ;D
Sorry if that's not what u mean under shift click....my english understanding is good but not perfect  :-\

Unholy_Gibbon

• The Nocturnal Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »
if by shift click u mean to turn 9x64 melon slices in single click to stack of melon blocks.....well did u try right click on first block that appears when u put 64 slices in craftbench...it gives u 64 melon blocks with that single right mouse click..  ;D
Sorry if that's not what u mean under shift click....my english understanding is good but not perfect  :-\
He means actually putting the slices into the crafting bench. The only way to do it at the moment is by sticking the 9 stacks of slices in one at a time then shift clicking the resulting melon blocks out. It doesn't take that long but it gets boring real quick.

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 10:26:58 pm »
Gibbon is spot on with what I'm talking about. It gets boring with lots of slices.  If only there was a way to automate that! Lol

_Obi_Wan_

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:27 pm »
yea that is true it does get borring if u got like 2k of slices to craft into blocks but that is the time when i make myself a coffe put my chair into relaxing position and just clicking on bench window.......for me (maybe some of u also) its relaxing time ...no walking digging just one hand on mouse clicking while there is some series on tv........but i understand that for younger folks out there this can be frustraiting :-D.......and what to say boys and girls.....That is Minecraft way...just relax and enyoj the game  ;)

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »
HA HA.... perfect.  Where's my cup of coffee right about now!?

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 06:00:36 am »
This is gonna please everyone!!! I have a melon farm but I don't need all the melons cause the melons produce 150 stacks of melons in about 60mins. I am soon gona give melons away 4 free at spawn send me a message if you want some!!! :o
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:55 pm »
I have started works on a bedrock to the sky limit pumpkin farm:/
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.