May 16, 2024, 03:04:02 am

Author Topic: Question_building  (Read 1391 times)

CocaColaDunn

• View Profile
Question_building
« on: April 18, 2012, 03:29:48 pm »
I don't know about you but i am irritated with the pillars all over the world that serve no purpose at all, maybe I'm mistaken but is this considered grief because if these pillars were spammed all over the place i would rather have griefed buildings rather than the tall 1 by 1 pillars that take up space and ruin the mine craft environment especially when viewing the world map.

Is there any way to remove these pillars just as you would if someone griefed??

Thanks allot

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
Re: Question_building
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 05:06:00 pm »
Just destroy them...I admit I was the cause of one when I trying to get to the weird fire charge thinhs in the sky. I fell down and I couldn't get up to destroy it :S

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 06:22:03 pm »
Lol I remember helping making an anti-"towering" headquarters in classic to combat this very thing.   We used to talk about how many towers we destroyed within a given time period....ah good times, good times :) /destroytower was the greastest command I ever used as a builder! ;D (besides /me :P

I'm not sure how 1x1 towers are looked upon in SMP but I figure its the same as it is in classic: Building 1x1 towers = banhamma.  So like Kian said, destroy them if they're annoying.

[SMP] dlvbz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 06:25:09 pm »
Even though they are pillars, they are indeed blocks that another player placed.  Breaking these blocks can easilly be considered griefing and will be accounted for.  I totally agree with your statement though, it does make the world and surrounding structures look ugly...

I guess we should wait for a mod/admin to weigh in.

CocaColaDunn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »
yeah i asked a moderator and they just have them removed if asked these pillars are annoying but as moderators they have little time to go around the world deleting pillars. If you ask them in game they are more than willing to help you clear some it it blocks your view:)

But yeah they are annoying

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47:43 pm »
I only like 1x1 pillars when they are made out of gravel. Lots of free  flint  :) I destroy all of the ones I find though