May 15, 2024, 02:08:54 am

Author Topic: market  (Read 2650 times)

stevenman

• View Profile
market
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:18:38 pm »
can there should be a place in the market were you can buy slime balls?
because there so hard to find

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
Re: market
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:05 pm »
This is a survival server, so there should be no dependence on the market for any certain item. In order to find slimeballs, you will have to either buy them from another player or find them yourself.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 12:42:02 am »
Heh I made a topic about this very thing a while back: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,6811.0.html and it's pretty clear this server will most likely never have slimeballs in the market.  So what can you do to work around this? FIND SLIME CHUNKS!!!!  ;D

If you don't know what a chunk in minecraft is I can elaborate but basically go around the minecraft world at layer 40 and below until you find a slime, isolate the particular 16x16 area the slimes spawn in, and set torches so other mobs won't spawn in.  Dig a few layers within the chunk to increase your chances of spawning slimes and voila you have a somewhat reliable source for slimes when people don't have some for sale!  This takes time and effort so be prepared!

I've managed to find 2 chunks so far (actually three but the third one's kinda iffy) and I grinded on slimeballs till I realized I didn't need sticky pistons to make an efficient melon farm :)

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57:04 am »
I've been searching for chunks, they are a bitch to find.

Also I got side tracked thinking lava was the sound of a slime, so much time wasted there lol.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:23:10 pm »
So true. ^
I fell for the lava sounding like slimes. lol

Sekihara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »
I spent a couple hours looking for slimes for the same reason once.

After I gave up 1 fell on me on my way home.  :-\

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:29 pm »
This is a survival server, so there should be no dependence on the market for any certain item. In order to find slimeballs, you will have to either buy them from another player or find them yourself.

I posted this a few days ago, Slimeballs are hard to find but also it keeps player markets going.  also BigBadHenz i had the same thing went around in circles and then went to my Doom!

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »
Lol you guys don't wanna know how many times I've fallen in lava trying to find slimes D: (I learned the hard way the difference between laval bubbling and slimes hopping) luckily for me I can type /home just fast enough I die in my house :)  Easy way to get ur stuff back!

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 06:29:33 pm »
Lol you guys don't wanna know how many times I've fallen in lava trying to find slimes D: (I learned the hard way the difference between laval bubbling and slimes hopping) luckily for me I can type /home just fast enough I die in my house :)  Easy way to get ur stuff back!

I found one in my Farm but it was clear he killed him self :(

Zannussi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 05:44:39 am »
I second that. I have only after almost a week online found 1 and it was randomly in a dungeon. Makes it very hard to build stick pistons which are an essential in almost any machine building

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:37 pm »
Lol you guys don't wanna know how many times I've fallen in lava trying to find slimes D: (I learned the hard way the difference between laval bubbling and slimes hopping) luckily for me I can type /home just fast enough I die in my house   Easy way to get ur stuff back!

If there's any water near your house, use /sethome within it.  You'll be doused upon warp.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »
Lol you guys don't wanna know how many times I've fallen in lava trying to find slimes D: (I learned the hard way the difference between laval bubbling and slimes hopping) luckily for me I can type /home just fast enough I die in my house   Easy way to get ur stuff back!

If there's any water near your house, use /sethome within it.  You'll be doused upon warp.
I used this when I fell from lava when I saw a Slime. Didn't find it back... The best way to find slimes is to by near Bedrock, or have a big cave with lava and water in it. But they are still rare!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!