May 15, 2024, 09:46:46 pm

Author Topic: THE ECONOMY CRISIS  (Read 3876 times)

TheFulcan

• Humanity is beginning to scare me.
  • ASK Google NOT FULCAN!!!
    • View Profile
THE ECONOMY CRISIS
« on: April 15, 2012, 06:09:54 am »
I have noticed that the amount of money in the economy is growing higher and higher. Here are my ideas on ways to fix that problem.

1) don't give new members free money for a while
    This causes extra cash to be added daily
2) Raise the prices of items in the market
   people will have to pay more to buy things thus taking more money out of the economy
3) don't allow market sell backs for a while
    This will stop people from mining large amounts of easy items like dirt or cobble and selling them for money.

The economy is lowly getting unstable the more money thrown out there the more offset prices will get. . we dont need a screwy economy and a taxation system is too complex for minecraft. . so These are my ideas.
~We all live in a world of blocks~
~I wear shoes you may wear socks~
~Some are demons some are Steve~
~I banned three elves last Xmas eve~
~Some are Bieber some are dead~
~Some are standing on their head~
~Congrats to those who are their own~
~OH my oh my how they have grown~
(guess what it

potoes6

• Just Gotta Love Minecraft
    • View Profile
Re: THE ECONOMY CRISIS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:48 am »
The economy is getting a bit out of hand but I don't think we should completely get rid of the sell back to market. Maybe lower the sell back price of cobble, dirt, ect. Raising the prices might be a good idea but the prices at the market are already pretty high as it is. But I do agree that the economy is rising and that something should be done before it becomes to crazy.
Thanks for Reading.

Mine On Everyone! And Remember......

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:33:14 pm »
The only things I sell back are melons, redstone, lapis, iron, and gold. Lowering the sell back price for everything would be a big mistake, but I don't see how it's getting unstable. Plus about 75%+ of the population NEEDS to sell back cobble and dirt, I might be their only way to get money.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:46:39 pm »
THE PROBLEM IS INFLATION!

You have extremely wealthy people from those watermelon farms. and believe it or not, the prices are too low (in comparison to how much money you can make with watermelon farms)  either the cost of watermelons has to go down. or the prices of everything else has to go up (Which would be a terrible idea)

and the best way to go is to chop down logs & sell those, those are extremely easy to get, and sell for a good price.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 01:53:42 pm »
Watermelons going down would be a great idea. Once I sold a full stack of melon blocks and got arond 1,000$. I don't think that is fair, when other poeple take 2-3 weeks to get 1,000$

P.S: I got the melons from derping around enderpolis.

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »
Watermelons going down would be a great idea. Once I sold a full stack of melon blocks and got arond 1,000$. I don't think that is fair, when other poeple take 2-3 weeks to get 1,000$

making a watermelon farm takes about 2 hours if you work alone, and that gives you 5k overnight if you just wait there..
it's not hard to do, just invest some time into making money

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 02:46:32 pm »
Guys? Everything is between demand and supply. Maybe some of you because of age or education cannot understand that relationship. But, when for example a player gets 4-5 diamonds per day, the price of them or the value goes down. Why? Because of the supply which is high. In my opinion, iron these days in the server counts more. Why? Because for pistons it si required. Why do you think the prices of pistons is 200-500/each? And I dont say sticky pistons where the slimeball has 200-300$/each. WHy that happens? Because everyone wants to have an automated watermellon farm with regular or sticky pistons. Therefore, whatever is related to watermellons is valuable because has great returns if you know how to give value to items.
A good solution would be to reduce the price of mellon block stack at 600$. It is still worthy to collect them. This will help the community to have more debatable auctions since some value the Silk touch pix for 50-80k$, when I bought 1 one month ago at 22k with eff. III/ Unbr. III.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:58:51 pm »

If they can't be bothered to build a melon farm, they don't deserve the 1k in my opinion.

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 05:09:55 pm »
OMG!! If watermelon farms make to much money, don't whine about it! Why don't you MAKE YOUR OWN! Seriously, my melon farm is my only source of money. And it's not automatic. I had to spend DAYS to make it, and real life days I mean. Watermelon farm get you rich, but over time, because you need to have them HUGE to get rich often

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:25:15 pm »
OMG!! If watermelon farms make to much money, don't whine about it! Why don't you MAKE YOUR OWN! Seriously, my melon farm is my only source of money. And it's not automatic. I had to spend DAYS to make it, and real life days I mean. Watermelon farm get you rich, but over time, because you need to have them HUGE to get rich often

I have my own, I still think that it damages the server's economy. The prices for watermelons HAVE to be dropped.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 07:34:09 pm »
So what?! If your broke you grit your teeth and bare it. I was broke for the first month or so of my time on this server. I built a farm with some help and then I built a stall and (It barely survived though) and now I have a lot of money.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 10:23:37 pm »
The economic situation of the server is already being discussed by the administrators.

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 01:18:17 am »
Will there be a "occupy doomknight" thing in enderpolis because of his melon farm?

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 01:25:44 am »
Will there be a "occupy doomknight" thing in enderpolis because of his melon farm?

Melons will most likely lose their current value.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 04:30:56 am »
Could someone explain to me why too much money on ther server is a bad thing? Is it because too many rich people on the server breaks the market system or something?  Wouldn't the people who aren't rich still have a need for the market to stay the way it is? Because raising the buying and lowering the sellback the prices due to a large amount of money in some people's pockets would only affect the people who don't have as much money (aka they would have a harder time making enough money to catch up to the rich people and run out of their money much faster).  This would also mean street prices would need to be raised too to compensate for the price changes, which I think would be unfair for everyone.

I'm no economist so I don't fully understand how to apply the supply, demand, inflation, and deflation aspects into minecraft but would these concepts even matter because its not like any specific material on this server will ever run out.  Even without the market system just about everything (aside from dirt, nether structures, end structures, dungeon and stronghold blocks) can be replenished.  Even iron and gold ore can be farmed from mobs albeit slowly. And of course, world generation can only increase those finite blocks.

All I'm saying is that with a market economy based on mostly infintely created items, there's no way to prevent the amount of money from growing higher and higher in the extreme long run.

Edit: I do realize that the ecomony is dynamic so prices are meant to fluctuate based on the supply and demand so I understand that whatever action is decided may "stablize" the economy for the time being but I feel my point will still stand in the extreme future.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:34:36 am by tbpb2010 »