May 06, 2024, 05:15:21 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - Clawstrider  (Read 12925 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - Clawstrider
« on: April 12, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

Timezone: GMT +/-0

Were you recommended by anyone?: Spherelabs, BigBadHenz, MissTheSofie, hutchinske, omaroo2, troddenostrich, tabooti

Why you should become a moderator:
To start with, I am going give a word to the reason most people doubt me, and I lost trusted. Although at the time, I was angry that I had lost trusted, I can see why it truly was my fault. If I’m honest, being a member (after the loss of trusted) really isn’t a lot of fun. It is harder to talk with friends, with all the grey chatspam, getting a mod to place water for you, not being recognised as a true “member” of the community. I feel that I have served my punishment, and am ready to start a new, useful leaf on the server. When I read Optic’s message on the front page, I felt that this could be a chance to do just that, and the fact that the mod applications are still open encouraged me that the admins need more mods. Since my demotion, and then promotion, I have decided to become a more mature and involved member, often trying to help others, whether it is a build, advice, water, or simply friendship, and also getting on mumble a lot more to meet others.

In my time at Opticraft, I served as a classic operator for about 10 months, recently resigning the position. I have had my break, and grown bored of not being able to help, and wish to be back on the staff team.  I think that the fact I served for the best part of a year in classic shows my ability to cope with the stress of being a staff member, and my ability to learn and effectively use the commands. I could also help the server with my specific times, often being able to get on in the morning, when the only member of staff is Nyssa, and only trusted is Djalphawolf.

I do already try to give water and advice to members as trusted, but with moderator rank, and access to block log and ban and reverse commands, I could put my time to much better use.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:22:38 am by clawstrider »

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Clawstrider
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »
Supported! I had waited for this! I know you that you post here early or late. You helped me and others a lot (and I you :P) You are very much on the server and you do a lot for the server!  I hope you become mod! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

hutchinske

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 04:32:52 pm »
I support you man. I have seen you helping a lot of people just don't slack off and you should get it.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 04:34:55 pm »
Supported! I had waited for this! I know you that you post here early or late. You helped me and others a lot (and I you :P) You are very much on the server and you do a lot for the server!  I hope you become mod! :D

Thanks Boshi! ^^

I support you man. I have seen you helping a lot of people just don't slack off and you should get it.

Ty Hutch, I won't :)

Newbrict

• one hundred thirty-seven
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 04:39:17 pm »
Although I'm not fully aware of the events pertaining to your demotion, judging by your vague description I'm going to assume you broke many rules on some rage you couldn't properly deal with...
A few questions you should ask yourself before pursuing a position on the staff as a moderator are:
-Are you really mature enough to fulfill the role you are applying to?
-Considering your past actions what makes you think you will be able to maintain composure and refrain from abusing your extended power?
-If you yourself couldn't follow the rules, how will you encourage others to do so?
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding the situation, but it sounds to me like you aren't ready for this role.

-Support

(QUAKE 3 ARENA IS BEST)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:46 pm »
Although I'm not fully aware of the events pertaining to your demotion, judging by your vague description I'm going to assume you broke many rules on some rage you couldn't properly deal with...
A few questions you should ask yourself before pursuing a position on the staff as a moderator are:
-Are you really mature enough to fulfill the role you are applying to?
-Considering your past actions what makes you think you will be able to maintain composure and refrain from abusing your extended power?
-If you yourself couldn't follow the rules, how will you encourage others to do so?
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding the situation, but it sounds to me like you aren't ready for this role.

-Support

You're misunderstanding the situation ^^ If I had broke many serious rules, I would have been banned.
In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, I managed to operate for nearly a year. I believe that the fact I lasted for that time, without seriously screwing up, shows my maturity.
2. Easy: I get what I did wrong, and I don't often loose my temper (I was perfectly calm at the time, and it was more of a misunderstanding and screw up on my part, than a intentional rule break).
3. Good question: For what will soon be a year (22nd), I have followed the rules. Most people I know and respect have slipped up on the rules some time or another. Got some kind of warning. What makes me different?

Scotty602AB

• Blitz Banner
  • The Ban Hammer has spoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »
I support you man, good luck  :)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:11 pm »
I support you man, good luck  :)

Ty dude :)

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 05:31:39 pm »
Supported :)
Good luck  ;D

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:33 pm »
Clawstrider the mod. Fits. Supported all the way bro.  :)

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »
Supported all the way buddy! Hope you get it. S very mature and helpful person!

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 12:35:31 am »
Good luck Claw! I think you've learned from your mistakes, and you seem to be helpful to others. I think you could be ready for mod :P

ANTIKOYKOY

• -Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 09:25:15 am »
By the way i ve seen claw, he didnt give me any impression that he has done/will do anything bad.
Support
"Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anybody else.."

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 01:10:32 pm »
But will you claim this to be a boring job and quit? as you did when you were a classic Operator?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 01:14:35 pm »
But will you claim this to be a boring job and quit? as you did when you were a classic Operator?

Only 10 months after I started... I did it a lot longer than most people...
Most people aren't even on the server 10 months...